By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Retro Studios Is Hiring, Something Brewing Up at Nintendo?

flagstaad said:
curl-6 said:

I refuse to believe they're having trouble meeting Tropical Freeze's already-delayed-by-three-months deadline when its not much more than a Wii game in HD, and they've been free to work on it since November of 2010.

They have not been completly FREE since November 2010. Most likely a few members of the team (the tech and art guys) started working to port their engines to HD, while the other part of the team (the designers and game scripters) helped in another projects, like Mario Kart 7 and DKC Returns for 3DS.

I'm fairly certain Monolith Soft sent people to help with 7, not Retro, and I heard that the DK 3ds game was outsourced to another company to port, a 3rd party company if memory serves me correctly. So Retro, as far as I know, didn't work on either of those titles.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:

I'm fairly certain Monolith Soft sent people to help with 7, not Retro, and I heard that the DK 3ds game was outsourced to another company to port, a 3rd party company if memory serves me correctly. So Retro, as far as I know, didn't work on either of those titles.

Retro did work on MK7 not sure about DKC:R though

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
Dulfite said:

Retro did work on MK7 not sure about DKC:R though

They helped with DKCR 3D but the main team was an outside company (monster games), Retro worked as "advisors" and helping port the engine, so maybe a small group of people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retro_Studios

By the way the developers of DKCR 3D are now helping in DKC: TF

DK64-2
A real DK to be excited.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

RolStoppable said:
Those are steps in the right direction. We won't see the results of all those hirings this generation, but it's good preparation for the next one.

Yes we will, those hirings will work on their next project that should be already in pre-production stages, and should be finished by the holidays of 2015 at the most, maybe earlier.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze dlc confirmed?

If it is as great as Super Luigi U, I´m in !

Good to see Nintendo (and its studios) expanding! Hopefully they don't do it too fast so that the quality don't drop.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Exactly what Nintendo should be doing, but on a larger scale. Next Level and Retro should be the beginnings of EAD North America.

JoeTheBro said:
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze dlc confirmed?

If it  means less focus on their next game, I hope not.

Lol. I hope there's something brewing at Nintendo.