By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Retro Studios Is Hiring, Something Brewing Up at Nintendo?

Yesterday we reported on the news that Monolith, who’s forthcoming Wii U game “X” is garnishing a lot of attention, was currently hiring. It was stated that they were in “Urgent” need of hiring people, which got many Nintendo fans curious as to what was going on. Now the plot is thickening, with this recent Tweet sent out by Retro Studios.

Retro Studios is responsible for the upcoming Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze, and more notable they are responsible for the Metroid Prime series. Metroid Prime breathed new life into the Gamecube, and the Wii version was a stellar early title in the Wii’s life cycle. I am not one to believe in coincidence, so the fact that Monolith and Retro are now hiring people is making people think the same thing: Is something going on at Nintendo?

source: http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/retro-studios-hiring-something-brewing-nintendo/

Nintendo has been expanding for a while now, a few days ago we've seen their new HQ which is currently being built, then the Monolith Soft urgent job listing, then the fact that Intelligent Systems were rewarded with a brand new building thanks to Fire Emblem, and a report that Nintendo's overall workforce increased to about 7000 employees, which is a big jump from the 5000-6000 they had a while back. not to mention Monolith Soft and Retro both moved into new bigger buildings a while back as well.

Around the Network

they are probably finished with Donkey Kong now and are hiring for their next project.

Best be Metroid Prime 4. Someone has to revive that franchise after the godawful Other M.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Hope it's a Metroid Prime game *-*. Anyway whatever they do I'm sure it's going to be great, more games is always better!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Hopefully they will have 2 seperate teams now so we dont have to wait 3 years per game

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Is normal to be hiring at this moment. They already finished the development of DKC: TF and they started working on their new game, so they want to have a bigger team for their next project, or maybe they want to split so they can work on both a new game and keep some collaborations like what they did in Mario Kart 7

Fusioncode said:
Best be Metroid Prime 4. Someone has to revive that franchise after the godawful Other M.

no thank you, they should leave the Prime Trilogy alone as it's complete and instead work on another Saga whilst keeping the First Person Perspective.

Well... they do need something to kill Sony's killer app which goes by the name of Knack... It outselling Mario for a week or two in the UK then going down in sales dramatically is unacceptable to Nintendo so they need to bring out their big guns and what better way than to make Metroid 4... Can't wait to see Zero Suit Samus again, mhmmm

Or they could really surprise us and bring out a new Ip, I can hold out on jiggle physics for a while provided the new IP is great

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

MohammadBadir said:
Fusioncode said:

no thank you, they should leave the Prime Trilogy alone as it's complete and instead work on another Saga whilst keeping the First Person Perspective.

Fine whatever, call it anything you want, as long as it's a first person Metroid I'm good. 

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Well... they do need something to kill Sony's killer app which goes by the name of Knack... It outselling Mario for a week or two in the UK then going down in sales dramatically is unacceptable to Nintendo so they need to bring out their big guns and what better way than to make Metroid 4... Can't wait to see Zero Suit Samus again, mhmmm

Or they could really surprise us and bring out a new Ip, I can hold out on jiggle physics for a while provided the new IP is great

Zero Suit Samus in HD... The WiiU just got saved.