By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Western-developed game with the most disappointing 2013 sales?

Tagged games:

Most disappointing 2013 sales?

Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel 7 5.04%

Castlevania: Lords of Sha... 9 6.47%

Fuse 30 21.58%

Gears of War: Judgment 15 10.79%

God of War: Ascension 11 7.91%

Killzone Mercenary 8 5.76%

Lost Planet 3 15 10.79%

Rayman Legends 21 15.11%

Tearaway 15 10.79%

Other (please explain in comments) 7 5.04%

Total:138

I'd go with Fuse.
the 2 GoW games aren't dissapointments for me at all, I think those sales are pretty decent.
Rayman legends on WiiU is also pretty decent.
KZ:M had a horrible 1st week, but damn impressive legs, I'm expecting the same with Tearaway.

Around the Network

I miss DMC in that list (failed to meet sales target, its developer makes mobile games now). I doubt Remember Me or Deadpool made any money, but they are new IPs.

Call of Duty: Ghosts. I'm pretty disappointed that it sold so well considering it's so bad.

The ironic Remember Me that we all forgot, including the OP

Beyond: Two Souls

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

God of war Ascension has all kinds of suck about it. My least favorite of the entire series.

From that list I would say Fuse because Insomniac is much better than what they did with Fuse (Though i havent played the game personally).

From personal disappointment Id say Gears Judgement. Even though it sold fairly well it sold little compared to other gears games. And the game was horrible. It is my favorite franchise and I dont want People Can Fly to ever touch it again. Leave it to EPIC if they continue it

From a metacritic to sales ratio Rayman Legends. This game deserves so much more. Im one of those people who feels Rayman has surpassed Super Mario Bros yet SMB sells a lot more.

Though I would say Beyond: Two Souls should get a mention as well.  A lot of people were really hyped for that game and it didnt do so hot.

DMC over all of those. If I had to choose just from the list, I'd say Fuse.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

NintendoPie said:
Are we permitted to yell "BOMBA!" in this thread, Snik? Because those Castlevania sales have me itching to.

You are!

... so long as you back it up :P

Munkeh111 said:

Another name to consider is Remember Me. It sold around 300k copies and was completely average. I have it sitting in my library thanks to PS+ but have very little interest in playing it

The Fury said:

Remember Me - stunning graphics and a good adventure/story experience from new developers as well. Let down slightly by somewhat stale gameplay and little rewards for repeat play. (also easy to platinum, my 2nd ever and I don't usually bother to platinum games)

Player2 said:

I doubt Remember Me or Deadpool made any money, but they are new IPs.

ktay95 said:

The ironic Remember Me that we all forgot, including the OP

It's horribly ironic that I actually genuinely forgot this game while compiling this list.  Obvious choice should've been obvious.

But yeah, good shout.