By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Western-developed game with the most disappointing 2013 sales?

Tagged games:

Most disappointing 2013 sales?

Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel 7 5.04%

Castlevania: Lords of Sha... 9 6.47%

Fuse 30 21.58%

Gears of War: Judgment 15 10.79%

God of War: Ascension 11 7.91%

Killzone Mercenary 8 5.76%

Lost Planet 3 15 10.79%

Rayman Legends 21 15.11%

Tearaway 15 10.79%

Other (please explain in comments) 7 5.04%

Total:138

FUSE: That's what Insomniac gets for leaving Sony
Judgment/Ascension: not being numbered titles, maybe people thought they weren't proper sequels? Teamed with limited marketing, people may have thought these were just spin offs.

Around the Network

Every EA game this year

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

BMaker11 said:
Judgment/Ascension: not being numbered titles, maybe people thought they weren't proper sequels? Teamed with limited marketing, people may have thought these were just spin offs.

Will Sunset Overdrive do better? Eh, I doubt it. 

Are we permitted to yell "BOMBA!" in this thread, Snik? Because those Castlevania sales have me itching to.

I say Fuse. That game lost so much of its character everyone forgets it about 5 minutes after talking about it

Another name to consider is Remember Me. It sold around 300k copies and was completely average. I have it sitting in my library thanks to PS+ but have very little interest in playing it

I would agree with the Gears/God criticisms, though I'm kind of happy about both. They'll probably kill of the idea of taking them into next gen

As for the Vita games, those kind of sales are what I expected. My hope is that the digital sales effectively match those. I own Tearaway physically and my brother owns it digitally.... so it must have sold the same again digitally!!!!!! We can dream...

Around the Network

I'll go with Fuse, it's especially disappointing because Overstrike actually looked pretty good. I'm just gonna go ahead and blame EA for this.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I didn't realize God Of War and Gears Of War did so poorly on a commercial scale.

but yes, like everyone else said, Fuse.

IamAwsome said:
BMaker11 said:

Will Sunset Overdrive do better? Eh, I doubt it. 

Then my point stands

Like i've said before i would have bought Rayman if it was released last February, but when they finally released it there so many other games to buy

Remember Me - stunning graphics and a good adventure/story experience from new developers as well. Let down slightly by somewhat stale gameplay and little rewards for repeat play. (also easy to platinum, my 2nd ever and I don't usually bother to platinum games).

I wouldn't include Tearaway on this list, too early.

Hmm, pie.