By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Western-developed game with the most disappointing 2013 sales?

Tagged games:

 

Most disappointing 2013 sales?

Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel 7 5.04%
 
Castlevania: Lords of Sha... 9 6.47%
 
Fuse 30 21.58%
 
Gears of War: Judgment 15 10.79%
 
God of War: Ascension 11 7.91%
 
Killzone Mercenary 8 5.76%
 
Lost Planet 3 15 10.79%
 
Rayman Legends 21 15.11%
 
Tearaway 15 10.79%
 
Other (please explain in comments) 7 5.04%
 
Total:138

Has to be God of War: Ascension or/and Gears of War: Judgment.

Even though both games have sold quite well and GoW:A is showing great legs, both God of War III and Gears of War 3 sold 4-5m each by the end of their first year and over 6 million units ltd. So even though games like Remember Me, Fuse and Lost Planet 3 sold so very poorly the huge fall from grace by both GoW's is more disappointing.

At least GoW:A will finish at ~3m lifetime, which is respectable by GoW standards (not including GoW III) and still enough to be considered the juggernaut of the genre.

GeoW:J will finish at ~2m lifetime, this is not respectable by GeoW standards and considering it's a shooter, not impressive at all.



Around the Network
JustThatGamer said:
Has to be God of War: Ascension or/and Gears of War: Judgment.


I agree with this man. Ascension and Judgment pulled out solid numbers (they're million sellers!), but you compare it with how their predecessors performed and, well, you see how hard they both fell.

 

Even if they push some more numbers with some good legs, at this point, we all know they won't recover. Not even heavy bundling (which there's none, come to think of it) can save those numbers. The titles just simply underperformed.



FUSE: That's what Insomniac gets for leaving Sony
Judgment/Ascension: not being numbered titles, maybe people thought they weren't proper sequels? Teamed with limited marketing, people may have thought these were just spin offs.



Every EA game this year



             

                               Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

BMaker11 said:
FUSE: That's what Insomniac gets for leaving Sony
Judgment/Ascension: not being numbered titles, maybe people thought they weren't proper sequels? Teamed with limited marketing, people may have thought these were just spin offs.


Will Sunset Overdrive do better? Eh, I doubt it. 



Around the Network

Are we permitted to yell "BOMBA!" in this thread, Snik? Because those Castlevania sales have me itching to.



I say Fuse. That game lost so much of its character everyone forgets it about 5 minutes after talking about it

Another name to consider is Remember Me. It sold around 300k copies and was completely average. I have it sitting in my library thanks to PS+ but have very little interest in playing it

I would agree with the Gears/God criticisms, though I'm kind of happy about both. They'll probably kill of the idea of taking them into next gen

As for the Vita games, those kind of sales are what I expected. My hope is that the digital sales effectively match those. I own Tearaway physically and my brother owns it digitally.... so it must have sold the same again digitally!!!!!! We can dream...



I'll go with Fuse, it's especially disappointing because Overstrike actually looked pretty good. I'm just gonna go ahead and blame EA for this.



Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I didn't realize God Of War and Gears Of War did so poorly on a commercial scale.

but yes, like everyone else said, Fuse.



IamAwsome said:
BMaker11 said:
FUSE: That's what Insomniac gets for leaving Sony
Judgment/Ascension: not being numbered titles, maybe people thought they weren't proper sequels? Teamed with limited marketing, people may have thought these were just spin offs.


Will Sunset Overdrive do better? Eh, I doubt it. 

Then my point stands