By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Seriously Why Doesn't Microsoft Just Buy Sony?

Because that's really not their business model.

Sony is on the hardware side, and Microsoft, though it's dabbled heavily in hardware the last few years, is a software company.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Around the Network

They tried buying Nintendo for 25b and that didn't work out.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

You..

A company has to want to be bought.. to be bought

Sony wouldn't let MS buy them anyways.. 

I don´t think MS want to buy sony, simply because they enjoy the competition and respect Sony. also, sony aren´t the safest bet to buy right now :).

The "MArket Cap" of a company is not what you would have to pay to buy it. Typically is almost double the market cap, and the company would have to support the take-over bid. Failing that, it would be a hostile takeover. The Board would reject Microsoft's offer, So Microsoft would have to sweeten the pot "Increase the bid" so the common share holders would jump ship and sell. What ever Microsoft offered, say $30/ share. Sony's common share price would jump to $30.00 and sony's market cap would top $30Billion.

Around the Network
enditall727 said:

You..

A company has to want to be bought.. to be bought

Sony wouldn't let MS buy them anyways.. 

Not true, they'd just do a hostile take over and offer shareholders a deal they couldn't refuse. They couldn't do this with Nintendo for obvious reasons.

Fusioncode said:
They tried buying Nintendo for 25b and that didn't work out.

Thank god it didn´t.

And I want MS as far away from Sony as possible too.

wouldnt antitrust laws come into play?

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Why not buy sega, konami, capcom, namco, square enix and take-two.

''Hadouken!''

Seece said:

Not true, they'd just do a hostile take over and offer shareholders a deal they couldn't refuse. They couldn't do this with Nintendo for obvious reasons.

Probably an extremely mental question, but what are the obvious reasons?