By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 overtakes Wii-U in million sellers

ninetailschris said:
I notice that the only Sony game with million is bundled one ,heavily.

every mario game

uncharted 

halo

gt

gears

forza

all the big games are bunduled heavily (except maybe GOW)

Around the Network
Zelhawks37 said:
pezus said:
Zelhawks37 said:
Multiplats galore! Not that impressive.

Except it means more game support, whereas the top only being populated by 1st party works exactly the opposite.

True, but not as impressive when it comes to actually selling first party games for Sony.

In what way first party galore would be more impressive than multiplats galore ? it depends of the game, multi million seller mario isnt more impressive than multi million seller COD. We're not talking about profit here. ( plus, that makes no differnece for us if sony/nintendo make profit)

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

deadly2choke said:
ninetailschris said:

every mario game

uncharted 

halo

gt

gears

forza

Nah, Gears isn't that heavily bundled (or at least it wasn't. That may have changed.) the closest was the special Gears of War III console but that bundle actually cost more than average.  People were paying for Gears.  Most of the time, bundled games are given away free with the console--ie a $300 console alone would cost $300 with a bundled game.  Not sure about over half the Mario games, either.  

d21lewis said:
deadly2choke said:
ninetailschris said:

every mario game

uncharted 

halo

gt

gears

forza

Nah, Gears isn't that heavily bundled (or at least it wasn't. That may have changed.) the closest was the special Gears of War III console but that bundle actually cost more than average.  People were paying for Gears.  Most of the time, bundled games are given away free with the console--ie a $300 console alone would cost $300 with a bundled game.  Not sure about over half the Mario games, either.  

I could noy buy an xbox here without gears being bundled with it for years...............................Not that that's a bad thing it makes sense, but it was heavly bundled.

fps_d0minat0r said:
ninetailschris said:

You must have noticed that with wii U too or did you just chose to ignore it?

Guess 3d world doesn't exist? Plus mario 2d was million way before the bundles. If you going give "gotta response" at least check your facts.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:

I could noy buy an xbox here without gears being bundled with it for years...............................Not that that's a bad thing it makes sense, but it was heavly bundled.

Guess I'll have to take your word for it.  Even on Google all I see is the red GeoW 3 special edition.

deadly2choke said:
ninetailschris said:

every mario game

uncharted 

halo

gt

gears

forza

Not 3d world.

not every mario game is bundled and that is just an assertion based on nothing but igorance to the facts fuse with a hyperbole to my comment.

Launch bundles tend to fudge numbers higher than usually. They was article I forgot that said 40-50 percent of all killzone sales were bundles. That almost wii sports (70-80)  bundle level. I'm not arguing bundles for the others because in general I was never impressed with Sony sales. I will not argue that there great. Maybe you will. 

I tend to notice mircosoft and nintendo games sell better even without bundles while Sony don't. There very front loaded. But again this my personal observation and shouldn't affect you, since it's just video games.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Viper1 said:
pezus said:
Viper1 said:
pezus said:

That's ignoring games releasing this year, of which PS4 has a lot more big ones coming.

You want me to write in games that aren't out yet into a chart about games that are out?

?

I thought you were pointing out what the future holds for million sellers. Otherwise those sub 1m games would have no place here. Same as I was doing.

When they launch and we get sales data for them, they'll be added based on whether they sold a million or appear to be in range of doing so.   I'm not going to add games that I assume might sell 1 million as that will just turn into a drawn out, lengthy debate lasting 30 pages between a dozen people about why game Z will be a million seller but not game Y whereas the current listing is at least based on actual data.

The chart is also based on a different thread's methedology which included potential million sellers as well.
gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=175383&page=1#

In all fairness there is a good chance that a game like Infamous SS or Driveclub will reach a million earlier than some of the games you mentioned, like NFS Rivals or Zombi U. In fact there simply is no reason to add games to the list at all until they reach a million.

That's why i left them out in the OP, this is about million sellers not ''nearly million seller'' or ''maybe million sellers''.

Question people that buy ps4xbone on launch but bought WiiU ok launch.

They are just pissed that Nintendo fans didn't bought WiiU on launch and don't know why ps4 fans bought.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

LOL The Xbox gamers boasted so much about 360 sales that the Sony gamers are doing it too. God.