By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 overtakes Wii-U in million sellers

Madword said:
Arfen said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Arfen said:

There's something i can't understand. When WiiU came out everybody said it has no games and now with the Ps4 people has buyed games they have on their ps3. Plus paying to play online. Except for killzone. But this game has been massively bundled... And the fanboys come from the Nintendo side..
I'm not being critic with the Ps4. I'm saying there's no reason that justifies buying one right now

That's the point. They bought a PS4 so they could play their favorite franchises like COD/FiFA/AC.

I don't get the point to spend 400$ in a system to play the same games. For me the point is to wait for brand new games and a possibly price drop

Errm because the games run and look better?

These are new games, so until you buy the game you havent actually played it. So why not buy a new bit of hardware to run the games better than the current hardware you were running. Why buy a new car while your old one still drives around... it's for the benefits that a new device gives you.

I am a gamer, I love playing and buying games, no offence to the PS3 but its long in the tooth and there is no way that I want to play an open world game with worse FPS and worse graphics, when I can spend £349 and get it running better. You could say the same argument applies for people who upgrade their PC's.. it's because they want better than what they've got. I also know that as time goes by, it's only going to get some games. 

Why does it *need* to be just a new IP that drives the sales of new consoles. It's a new game if you havent played it.. no difference :)

I really don't understand why some people find this so hard to understand. :)

If u are going to buy a system to play those games and u chose a ps4 ok, no problem on that I can agree with that. But I'm talking about people who actually has a ps3 and buy a ps4 to play the same games (ok, best graphics .., but the same games after all). U can spend ur money on what u want Of course. Simply I don't get the point to buy a ps4 right now having a ps3.  
On what you say about the games I'm not saying a new console has to have new IPs to sell. Don't put words on my mouth I didn't said But the FIFA, CoD, Battlefield.. Are the sames that u can play on PS3. If those were new entries available only onthenew machine I would Understand more the point.  

Around the Network
pezus said:
Madword said:
Arfen said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Arfen said:

There's something i can't understand. When WiiU came out everybody said it has no games and now with the Ps4 people has buyed games they have on their ps3. Plus paying to play online. Except for killzone. But this game has been massively bundled... And the fanboys come from the Nintendo side..
I'm not being critic with the Ps4. I'm saying there's no reason that justifies buying one right now

That's the point. They bought a PS4 so they could play their favorite franchises like COD/FiFA/AC.

I don't get the point to spend 400$ in a system to play the same games. For me the point is to wait for brand new games and a possibly price drop

These are new games, so until you buy the game you havent actually played it. So why not buy a new bit of hardware to run the games better than the current hardware you were running. Why buy a new car while your old one still drives around... it's for the benefits that a new device gives you.

I am a gamer, I love playing and buying games, no offence to the PS3 but its long in the tooth and there is no way that I want to play an open world game with worse FPS and worse graphics, when I can spend £349 and get it running better. You could say the same argument applies for people who upgrade their PC's.. it's because they want better than what they've got. I also know that as time goes by, it's only going to get some games. 

Why does it *need* to be just a new IP that drives the sales of new consoles. It's a new game if you havent played it.. no difference :)

What's ironic is that he was arguing for WiiU and Nintendo, which is not exactly famous for new IPs in recent years. And he probably bought a WiiU to play his favourite franchises like Zelda, Mario etc.

Which is the ironic part? Who made a threat to talk about something making a comparison between the ps4 and the wiiu was you not me!!!! With this sentence you just showed me you are troll and a fanboy. I'm just talking about that explaining my point of view.  And yes I have a wiiu and I buyed it months before it was released. And I'll enjoy play new entries of Mario and Zelda on it plus other games.. But in that case it would be a new entry not a version of the same game. So enjoy your console and show more respect

I know I'll buy the Xone or the ps4 in the future but I don't see reasons enough to buy one now

User was warned for this post.

yo_john117

I would have purchased Nintendo land if it was not included w the bundle so i don t disagree w you- I think They missed follow up opportunities w Nintendo Land however-  They should have had a few more games related to th NL offerings come out during launch and/in w in the 1st year

Yhey could have done something lke they did w the Remix game they just released (from what i have read)

They have so much IP they could easily do a Nintendo Land 2 and beyond

Worth to note that Wii U would have only 2 million seller without Japan ( because these PS4 million sellers are without Japan )

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

~kao said:
Madword said:

Dude, in that case why not just buy a pc (or upgrade yours), get the best and less buggy version of the game (cof bf 4 cof) and just wait until the ps4 deliver teh exclusives?

Pd: i think that since vgcharts doesnt track digital sales and since the wiiu has been out for longer this thread should not be taken as a fact. it is possible that wiiu have more millions sellers (zombiu had a price drop for a time, almost every game now get its digital version at the time with the retail release: moar digital sales) or is also possible that is not like that. Unless sony and Ninty release some digital figures there is no accurate evidence of sales

What suggestion did i make thats says i dont have a top of the range PC (actually its a mac but still ;)   ... Why is everything have to be so black and white. I am a console gamer first, a steam/indie/Vita/ipad gamer second. I dont want my mac in the living room.. a console is a perfect fit for me... I wanted a PS4, I can afford a PS4.. I want better looking/running games on a console, so upgrading is an easy choice to make. 

Consoles exist, people like playing their games on consoles, some people want the better versions of the games they buy on console, thereby ergo.. a next gen console is a good choice for them. I dont want to play them on my Mac/PC. Simples :) - I brought 7 games in total on disk, 6 of them were games that you could buy on current gen, whats the problem :)

I don't feel i have to wait until *exactly* a new IP comes along to justify getting a next gen console...lol.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
Arfen said:
Madword said:

If u are going to buy a system to play those games and u chose a ps4 ok, no problem on that I can agree with that. But I'm talking about people who actually has a ps3 and buy a ps4 to play the same games (ok, best graphics .., but the same games after all). U can spend ur money on what u want Of course. Simply I don't get the point to buy a ps4 right now having a ps3.  
On what you say about the games I'm not saying a new console has to have new IPs to sell. Don't put words on my mouth I didn't said But the FIFA, CoD, Battlefield.. Are the sames that u can play on PS3. If those were new entries available only onthenew machine I would Understand more the point.  

The answer is because I (and many others) want the better performing/running/looking version of the games that we want to play... because PS3/Xbox360 are 7 years old, they have trouble running the games we love, why wouldnt people want to upgrade. It's irrelevant that I have played Assassins Creed 3 on PS3, AC4 is a brand new game.. that's no different from buying a new IP. Just because its available on different platforms makes no difference because you have never played AC4 on any platform until you actually buy it...lol.

If i had no consoles, wouldnt your argument be why not buy a PS3/XBX360 because it's a cheaper console and the games are cheaper... the games are the same... but we know they are not the same. Better graphics, better performance, better resolution is what I would miss out on... and I am the type of gamer that matters alot to me.

You may not get the point, and that's fine, but I and many others want to upgrade the experience while still retaining the benefits of running it on a console.... If i didnt care about the experience I would buy a cheap PS3/Xbox360.

Why do people go into costa coffee when they could just make a flask of tea/coffee... why buy a sandwich from marks and Spencers, when you could make your own on tesco brand bread.. ;) - life is about experiences, you either arn't fussed and happy with your choice (which is fine), but others want a better experience.. whether you agree or not as to why people do it, that is how us humans are :)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Wii U=Mario box confirmed.

Is Arfen really accusing people of buying the PS4 to play the same games that were on PS3, while subsequently buying anything from Nintendo? Nice. Tell me about all the new Nintendo ip people are waiting for.

Madword said:
Arfen said:
Madword said:

The answer is because I (and many others) want the better performing/running/looking version of the games that we want to play... because PS3/Xbox360 are 7 years old, they have trouble running the games we love, why wouldnt people want to upgrade. It's irrelevant that I have played Assassins Creed 3 on PS3, AC4 is a brand new game.. that's no different from buying a new IP. Just because its available on different platforms makes no difference because you have never played AC4 on any platform until you actually buy it...lol.

If i had no consoles, wouldnt your argument be why not buy a PS3/XBX360 because it's a cheaper console and the games are cheaper... the games are the same... but we know they are not the same. Better graphics, better performance, better resolution is what I would miss out on... and I am the type of gamer that matters alot to me.

You may not get the point, and that's fine, but I and many others want to upgrade the experience while still retaining the benefits of running it on a console.... If i didnt care about the experience I would buy a cheap PS3/Xbox360.

Why do people go into costa coffee when they could just make a flask of tea/coffee... why buy a sandwich from marks and Spencers, when you could make your own on tesco brand bread.. ;) - life is about experiences, you either arn't fussed and happy with your choice (which is fine), but others want a better experience.. whether you agree or not as to why people do it, that is how us humans are :)

You are putting things out of context. Its not the same thing a coffe tan a 400€ machine. I respect u a lot. Im justo talking about to buy the ps4 and those ganes u hace con the ps3 too. Specially if u have a ps3. Cause the fact os that multiplataform dont push the machines capabilities far from the originals ones. And thats why im not thinking on buey pone nos having others machines in home so ill wait a time top buy one

If u dont have con sole I see ok going with the new ones.

Anyway. The important thing is to be happy and enjoy with your election ;)

pezus said:
Zelhawks37 said:
Multiplats galore! Not that impressive.

Except it means more game support, whereas the top only being populated by 1st party works exactly the opposite.

True, but not as impressive when it comes to actually selling first party games for Sony.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD