By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 overtakes Wii-U in million sellers

ninetailschris said:
I notice that the only Sony game with million is bundled one ,heavily.

You must have noticed that with wii U too or did you just chose to ignore it?

Around the Network

Well, I have to say Sony fans are really professional to dig any point to make a positive news for Playstation 3/4.

Anyway, well done, PS4~!

That's good news. I wonder whats better for the industry? A system with many third party million sellers and guaranteed 1st party million sellers later on? Or a system with a bazillion first party million sellers and zero third party million sellers. Hmmm? What would I as a third party decide to support? Hmmm, this is too difficult. I can't figure it out. >_>

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

pezus said:
Viper1 said:
pezus said:

That's ignoring games releasing this year, of which PS4 has a lot more big ones coming.

You want me to write in games that aren't out yet into a chart about games that are out?

?

I thought you were pointing out what the future holds for million sellers. Otherwise those sub 1m games would have no place here. Same as I was doing.

When they launch and we get sales data for them, they'll be added based on whether they sold a million or appear to be in range of doing so.   I'm not going to add games that I assume might sell 1 million as that will just turn into a drawn out, lengthy debate lasting 30 pages between a dozen people about why game Z will be a million seller but not game Y whereas the current listing is at least based on actual data.

The chart is also based on a different thread's methedology which included potential million sellers as well.
gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=175383&page=1#

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I like sony consoles and will buy a ps4 this year sometime but man...those million sellers make it look like a console for truck drivers (no offense). If games like that are what sells these days maybe it's time I stopped playing video games. I have a feeling this gen is gonna head in a worse direction than last.

Around the Network
SubiyaCryolite said:
That's good news. I wonder whats better for the industry? A system with many third party million sellers and guaranteed 1st party million sellers later on? Or a system with a bazillion first party million sellers and zero third party million sellers. Hmmm? What would I as a third party decide to support? Hmmm, this is too difficult. I can't figure it out. >_>

The system where everybody sells, obviously....but damn.  You've come to a hell of a conclusion based on a few million sold in the 8th gen.  I'm sure third parties that invest in Wii U will eventually see benefits if the console picks up.   

That's great news for PS4 but there are a couple of things to take into account.
PS4 million sellers are all launch titles, WiiU only had Nintendoland.
Wii Party U will pass 1M next week, and Wii Fit U is a guaranteed million seller.
Wind Waker HD will pass 1M in about a month and a half or so.
WiiU will add three more million sellers in March/April and PS4 has none on the horizon.
Finally, company executives from both Nintendo and Sony have stated they don't consider themselves competitors.

Turbotracks said:
That's great news for PS4 but there are a couple of things to take into account.
PS4 million sellers are all launch titles, WiiU only had Nintendoland.
Wii Party U will pass 1M next week, and Wii Fit U is a guaranteed million seller.
Wind Waker HD will pass 1M in about a month and a half or so.
WiiU will add three more million sellers in March/April and PS4 has none on the horizon.
Finally, company executives from both Nintendo and Sony have stated they don't consider themselves competitors.

I'm not gonna turn a blind eye.  I'm a Nintendo fan so I buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games but when I bought my Wii U, I pre-ordered Black Ops II.  Just like how PS4 and XB One had Ghosts, so did the Wii U.  

It just comes down to what the players want to play and on Wii U, games like Call of Duty aren't a priority.  I have a ton of third party stuff but I'm nowhere near an average gamer.  I have my preferences but I try to call them like I see them.

AnthonyW86 said:

With last weeks number PS4 now has 5 million seller, Wii-U is still stuck at 4.

Playstation 4:

1. Call of Duty: Ghosts 2013 Shooter Activision 0.93 0.52 0.00 0.13 1.58
2. Battlefield 4 2013 Shooter Electronic Arts 0.72 0.41 0.00 0.10 1.23
3. Killzone: Shadow Fall 2013 Action Sony Computer Entertainment 0.53 0.57 0.00 0.12 1.22
4. FIFA Soccer 14 2013 Sports Electronic Arts 0.26 0.80 0.00 0.13 1.20
5. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag 2013 Action Ubisoft 0.59 0.47 0.00 0.10 1.16

Wii-U:

1. New Super Mario Bros. U 2012 Action Nintendo 1.57 0.64 0.97 0.19 3.37
2. Nintendo Land 2012 Action Nintendo 1.56 0.62 0.38 0.19 2.75
3. Super Mario 3D World 2013 Platform Nintendo 0.66 0.36 0.40 0.09 1.52
4. New Super Luigi U 2013 Platform Nintendo 0.64 0.26 0.11 0.08 1.09

Also, Wii-U still has no third party million sellers.

And Sone only has one 1st party.. it makes sense... :)

I wished Nintendo tried to compete this is going to be a boring generation on the forums :s.