By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 overtakes Wii-U in million sellers

Dunban67 said:
Most of Nintendo Land sales are from it being packed in, many NSMBU and NSLBU sales are from bundles as well - SM3D World is the only title that sold over a million w out the bundle- NSMBU I think did reach a million + before being bundled though-

What will be the next million seller? Pikmin? a 3rd party game? DKTF

I don't completly agree with that. A lot of people bought the deluxe set instead of the basic one because they wanted the game that came inside (this and the additional memory size of course).  I don't think the sales would be that much different if we only had cheap basic set. You are right with NSLBU though, this game had a slow start before it got bundled (a lot because of its cheaper digital price and early release).

Around the Network

Wii U hardware numbers being shipping numbers and not sold through implied!!

if nintendo can claim nintendo land ps4 should be able to claim resogun.

AnthonyW86 said:
Arfen said:

There's something i can't understand. When WiiU came out everybody said it has no games and now with the Ps4 people has buyed games they have on their ps3. Plus paying to play online. Except for killzone. But this game has been massively bundled... And the fanboys come from the Nintendo side..
I'm not being critic with the Ps4. I'm saying there's no reason that justifies buying one right now

That's the point. They bought a PS4 so they could play their favorite franchises like COD/FiFA/AC.

I don't get the point to spend 400$ in a system to play the same games. For me the point is to wait for brand new games and a possibly price drop

Arfen said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Arfen said:

There's something i can't understand. When WiiU came out everybody said it has no games and now with the Ps4 people has buyed games they have on their ps3. Plus paying to play online. Except for killzone. But this game has been massively bundled... And the fanboys come from the Nintendo side..
I'm not being critic with the Ps4. I'm saying there's no reason that justifies buying one right now

That's the point. They bought a PS4 so they could play their favorite franchises like COD/FiFA/AC.

I don't get the point to spend 400$ in a system to play the same games. For me the point is to wait for brand new games and a possibly price drop

Errm because the games run and look better?

These are new games, so until you buy the game you havent actually played it. So why not buy a new bit of hardware to run the games better than the current hardware you were running. Why buy a new car while your old one still drives around... it's for the benefits that a new device gives you.

I am a gamer, I love playing and buying games, no offence to the PS3 but its long in the tooth and there is no way that I want to play an open world game with worse FPS and worse graphics, when I can spend £349 and get it running better. You could say the same argument applies for people who upgrade their PC's.. it's because they want better than what they've got. I also know that as time goes by, it's only going to get some games. 

Why does it *need* to be just a new IP that drives the sales of new consoles. It's a new game if you havent played it.. no difference :)

I really don't understand why some people find this so hard to understand. :)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
Madword said:
Arfen said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Arfen said:

These are new games, so until you buy the game you havent actually played it. So why not buy a new bit of hardware to run the games better than the current hardware you were running. Why buy a new car while your old one still drives around... it's for the benefits that a new device gives you.

I am a gamer, I love playing and buying games, no offence to the PS3 but its long in the tooth and there is no way that I want to play an open world game with worse FPS and worse graphics, when I can spend £349 and get it running better. You could say the same argument applies for people who upgrade their PC's.. it's because they want better than what they've got. I also know that as time goes by, it's only going to get some games. 

Why does it *need* to be just a new IP that drives the sales of new consoles. It's a new game if you havent played it.. no difference :)

More importantly by the time the PS4 drops say a $100 in price i probably will have spend hudnreds of dollars on games. So why wait years price drops while you can play all the games you want to play on a new system right now AND all the games that will come in the future.

AnthonyW86 said:
Madword said:

More importantly by the time the PS4 drops say a $100 in price i probably will have spend hudnreds of dollars on games. So why wait years price drops while you can play all the games you want to play on a new system right now AND all the games that will come in the future.

Yeah, I think £349 is a steal for a new console, and I appreciate it might be a lot of money to alot of people, but for me, it's my hobby and I enjoy it, and it wasnt a great amount of money in terms of hardware (especially considering iphones/tablets/PC - it's actually quite cheap).

The hard part is playing all my backlog on the PS3... 

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Cannoly said:
why do so many people still buy Call of Duty??

Weird huh. Almost as weird as people rebuying mario games every year.

Dont put mario and cod in the same sentence.

Ocilayton said:

Dont put mario and cod in the same sentence.

Yoshi's safari was worse.