By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 overtakes Wii-U in million sellers

pezus said:
Cheebee said:
That's pretty impressive! How does X1 stack up compared to Wii U & PS4?

Only 1 so far, but two on the way:

PosGamePlatformYearGenrePublisherNorth AmericaEuropeJapanRest of WorldGlobal
1 Call of Duty: Ghosts XOne 2013 Shooter Activision 0.82 0.34 0.00 0.07 1.22
2 Battlefield 4 XOne 2013 Shooter Electronic Arts 0.56 0.27 0.00 0.05 0.88
3 Forza Motorsport 5 XOne 2013 Racing Microsoft Game Studios 0.51 0.30 0.00 0.05 0.86

Thanks! Well, those 2 should both reach the 1m mark pretty soon. COD's still pulling off impressive numbers, for a franchise that's claimed to be in decline.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

PS4 don't need no stinkin' pack-ins!

Dunban67 said:
Most of Nintendo Land sales are from it being packed in, many NSMBU and NSLBU sales are from bundles as well - SM3D World is the only title that sold over a million w out the bundle- NSMBU I think did reach a million + before being bundled though-

What will be the next million seller? Pikmin? a 3rd party game? DKTF

Wii Party U in 1-2 weeks.

Pikmin 3 will need a long time, maybe one more year.

Not sure if Donkey Kong reaches 1M before the launch of MK8. Mario Kart will need 2 weeks I guess.

Wind Waker could have over 1M digital + physical combined.

pezus said:
vivster said:
This will be fun to see in a year from now.
PS4 will probably beat WiiU in quantity of million sellers but will the cumulative sales of the million sellers beat those of the wiiU?

Trick question, lol?

Yes. Easily.

You're right. I forgot that by the end of the year the PS4 will have a much bigger install base.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Multiplats galore! Not that impressive.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Around the Network

There's something i can't understand. When WiiU came out everybody said it has no games and now with the Ps4 people has buyed games they have on their ps3. Plus paying to play online. Except for killzone. But this game has been massively bundled... And the fanboys come from the Nintendo side..
I'm not being critic with the Ps4. I'm saying there's no reason that justifies buying one right now

pffff ps4 surpassed everybody already

It looks like you are right re Wii U Party- aprox 900K sold at retail-  the closest 3rd party is still Zombi U at 620k+/-    (If you don t include Lego City published by Nintendo) at 670k+/-

Wii Party is selling alot in Japan but i don t here much about it here in the US-

Dunban67 said:
Most of Nintendo Land sales are from it being packed in, many NSMBU and NSLBU sales are from bundles as well - SM3D World is the only title that sold over a million w out the bundle- NSMBU I think did reach a million + before being bundled though-

What will be the next million seller? Pikmin? a 3rd party game? DKTF

Probably Wii Party U.

On the actual subject, call me when PS4 has more first party million sellers.

Arfen said:

There's something i can't understand. When WiiU came out everybody said it has no games and now with the Ps4 people has buyed games they have on their ps3. Plus paying to play online. Except for killzone. But this game has been massively bundled... And the fanboys come from the Nintendo side..
I'm not being critic with the Ps4. I'm saying there's no reason that justifies buying one right now

That's the point. They bought a PS4 so they could play their favorite franchises like COD/FiFA/AC.