By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation Exclusives hit new milestones [It is time for Gran Turismo 6 and GT5]

Tagged games:

Will Gran Turismo 5 surpass Black Ops 2

YES 8 57.14%

NO 6 42.86%

Total:14
pezus said:
elazz said:
sub-zero-TM said:
Another interesting thing to note, Gran Turismo 5 will hit 11 million soon. 160k short.

But will it since online servers will be shut down in a few months and the sixth installment will probably become cheaper down the road. 

And LBP2: A lot of the psplus owners have the game and there are a lot of great sales for the game. Probably has an install base of at least 5 million gamers or more. If we just got numbers for the Vita version that will be great. 660k physical sales but with the digital discounts I wonder whether it has reached a million. I got mine for 6 euros in the psstore a few months ago for example. 

Of course it will. The casuals who'll buy it this late won't know about the online being there (and honestly, most probably won't care).

And the casuals will also notice that number 6 is newer and therefore automatically better than number 5 (in this case it is). And 160k is a lot considering that a big chunck of those sales were bundles and now they replaced the bundels with the newer Gran Turismo. 

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Around the Network
pezus said:

Amazed by the JRPG sales!

Relieved myself as hopeful genre can rebound a bit.

Augen said:
pezus said:

Amazed by the JRPG sales!

Relieved myself as hopeful genre can rebound a bit.

Not going to rebound that well. Tales will still exist, but other franchises seem dead and will remain dead when it comes consoles.

1 million for a HD remake -> Did someone say SE and JRPG are doomed ?

RenCutypoison said:

Well they need to sell 5 million to make a profit! :P (This is a joke, if the :P wasn't a give away).

Around the Network

2 JRPGs crossing the 1 million mark in less than a year. Incredible, I hope this keeps up.

RenCutypoison said:

I think Kingdom Hearts 1.5 will even sell more, I think a lifetime of 2 million is possible and Kingdom Hearts 2.5 will reach 1 million too. And then there is FFX HD. The Ps3 and vita version together outsold Lightning returns within 2 weeks. Already at around 430-450k and seeing how well the pre-orders are going it will cross the 1 million mark easily when it releases in the west and will do great numbers as well. I'm wondering if we're going to see a FFX-3 because of that (it could use same engine as FFXV and can be created simultaneous, FFX-3 the traditional JRPG and FFXV more action based with RPG elements)

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Acevil said:
RenCutypoison said:

Well they need to sell 5 million to make a profit! :P (This is a joke, if the :P wasn't a give away).

Isn't anything you read on the internet a joke ? /jk

WHOA! I'm so glad to see both Ni No Kuni and Xillia broke 1 million. Very deserving games indeed and it seems JRPGs are really starting to make their comeback.

elazz said:

New time for celebration and speculation since certain PS exclusive games have reached new milestones (by using vgchartz data during the last couple of weeks). It is a great time to also see how far certain PS3 games will reach with a PS4 surpassing expectations and a new streaming service for classics just announced. 

The following games (in million):

• The Last of US: 4.05 
  • Littlebigplanet 2: 3.06
  • R&C: All 4 one: 1.04
  • Ico & SoTC collection: 1.07
  • Ni No Kuni: 1.10
  • Kingdom Hearts: 1.03
  • Tales of Xillia: 1.04
What will be interesting for at least the last of us is to see whether it will reach the numbers of Uncharted 2 (6.32) and Uncharted 3 (6.26). I think it will definitely reach 5 million until the next holidays.
There are also a lot of games that still need a few weeks or perhaps months to reach milestones as well and for some it will be easy, others not so. Killzone 2 is still struggling to reach 3 million with only 60k stilll to go and Gran Turismo 6 which will reach 2 million already by next week. For Beyond: two Souls standing at 930k it is a mather of weeks before David cage has his second million seller. However it is certainly possible that all these games have already reached the numbers via digital sales. 

SOOOO happy for Tales of Xillia! As well as Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX and Ico & Shadow of the Collossus Collection! Also, Ni No Kuni.