By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation Exclusives hit new milestones [It is time for Gran Turismo 6 and GT5]

Tagged games:

Will Gran Turismo 5 surpass Black Ops 2

YES 8 57.14%

NO 6 42.86%

Total:14
elazz said:
sub-zero-TM said:
Another interesting thing to note, Gran Turismo 5 will hit 11 million soon. 160k short.

But will it since online servers will be shut down in a few months and the sixth installment will probably become cheaper down the road. 

And LBP2: A lot of the psplus owners have the game and there are a lot of great sales for the game. Probably has an install base of at least 5 million gamers or more. If we just got numbers for the Vita version that will be great. 660k physical sales but with the digital discounts I wonder whether it has reached a million. I got mine for 6 euros in the psstore a few months ago for example. 

GT5 sold 1 million this year, in its 4th year on market, with GT6 announced for most of that, 160k is nothing for a GT game, do not be surpised to see GT5 at 11.5 million sold in a 2/3 years.

Around the Network
Acevil said:

Not going to rebound that well. Tales will still exist, but other franchises seem dead and will remain dead when it comes consoles.

A man can dream...

I´m so happy about KH 1,5 HD hitting 1 mio. What do you think, how much money has SE made with it?. Considering they make 20$ per game and spent 5 mio. for the upgrade. Is is it possible that they made aprox. 15 mio.?

Would be good news as KH is one of SE´s original franchises.

Option- said:
I´m so happy about KH 1,5 HD hitting 1 mio. What do you think, how much money has SE made with it?. Considering they make 20$ per game and spent 5 mio. for the upgrade. Is is it possible that they made aprox. 15 mio.?

They didn't made the remake. They outsourced it to another company. So I assume they made a lot of money without a lot of effort. Everyone knows if S.E. did the remake themselfs than 5 million would still not be enough, if you understand :p

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

elazz said:
Option- said:

They didn't made the remake. They outsourced it to another company. So I assume they made a lot of money without a lot of effort. Everyone knows if S.E. did the remake themselfs than 5 million would still not be enough, if you understand :p

I think your wrong, I looked at my case and no other company besides SE is mentioned and also I remember Tetsuya saying it took two people at Square a year to make the HD remake and that fans should be grateful to them.  

Around the Network
elazz said:
Option- said:

No they didn't outsource it. The Osaka team, to my knowledge, worked on it. Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster on the other hand was outsourced.

Happy for SE. Loved KH 1.5, and I've only played Kingdom Hearts 1 HD so far. Haven't even gone through chain of memories yet

MentalAlliance said:
elazz said:
Option- said:

No they didn't outsource it. The Osaka team, to my knowledge, worked on it. Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster on the other hand was outsourced.

My mistake, I mixed up FFX with KH thinking that FFX was the one they made themselfs. 

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

WOW, that's great. I knew the TLOU will reach 4 mill before the year ends. I think it can reach 5 million and maybe when it'll released as (greatest hits/platinum) version. And congratulations to the other games for reaching their own milestone too.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

The most exciting thing is that Kingdom Hearts I.5 HD and Ni No Kuni are selling well. If you add into that P4G's sales on Vita and the great start by FFX|X-2 HD in JP 300k units across both platforms.

For Square this should make them hurry up with II.5HD and III on the KH side AND get them working on XII HD (ideally HDer for PS4). Ideally also release FF XV this year, but we can't have everything (and then work on a traditional FF XVI)

For Sony, they should be asking for Ni No Kuni "2" and getting on with it. They should also be trying to use P4G as an example of how jRPGs can sell on the Vita and get on the phone to Sqeenix to get KH II.5 on there as well and ideally a brand new Vita game {and Type0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!}

4m for the Last of Us is dangerously good. I don't see how you can not make a sequel to a 4m selling title with a 95 metacritic rating