By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo is worth more than Sony. Microsoft kicks both companies

Good lord M$ is so large; more relevant to compare M$ to Apple & Google. However as stated above their gaming division is peanuts which is why investors want it dropped from M$'s line of products/services.

Puts things into perspective though; if Apple & Google REALLY wanted to get into gaming they could buy Nintendo or Sony without any impact to their financials.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
Sony's awful TV division is what's bringing them down. They need to either sell it off or restructure it immediately. The company's never going to get back in the black as long as they keep dumping billions in the Bravia line.

^this, they should try to sell their tv's at a more competative prices. 

Me gusta queso 

psn id: rychussnik

Anfebious said:

This thing is totally fake. Good photoshop skills but we all know Sony is way above Nintendo.

Nintendo now has a market value higher than all of Sony combined: http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/08/nintendo-valued-as-bigger-company-than-sony-4254425/

RenCutypoison said:
Fusioncode said:
Sony's awful TV division is what's bringing them down. They need to either sell it off or restructure it immediately. The company's never going to get back in the black as long as they keep dumping billions in the Bravia line.

Sony is all about vertical integration. They can't just ditch a division. 

I can't even count how many billions they've lost on the TV line. Their gaming, movies, mobile and music divisions are all doing pretty well, but their TVs are what's bringing them down and will continue to do so. Most shareholders aren't going to care that PS4 is selling extremely well, or that the Xperia is doing great, all eyes are on the TV division. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:

WOW

You believe this really? It is not only the TV Divison. 6 from 8 Divison make a minus. Thej are in a really bad position. The Gaming Divison is a small and really irrelevant buisniss for Sonys feature.

People they hate in the Internet thej have all small pe.....

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
osed125 said:

Anyone knows who the hell is LeapFrog? first time I heard about them.

please tell me this is a joke?

They are like the market leaders in  "technology-based learning products and related content for the education of infant through grade school children." Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeapFrog_Enterprises

I don't live in the U.S (and it looks like their products don't sell in my country) so that's probably why I never heard of them.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Arcturus said:
ktay95 said:
osed125 said:

Anyone knows who the hell is LeapFrog? first time I heard about them.

please tell me this is a joke?

They are like the market leaders in  "technology-based learning products and related content for the education of infant through grade school children." Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeapFrog_Enterprises

Google searches are hard work.

Can't really use google at the moment, so that's why I asked here.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Asdrendeluxe said:
Fusioncode said:

WOW

You believe this really? It is not only the TV Divison. 6 from 8 Divison make a minus. Thej are in a really bad position. The Gaming Divison is a small and really irrelevant buisniss for Sonys feature.

I didn't say it was their only weak division, but it's clearly the one giving them the most problems. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
RenCutypoison said:
Fusioncode said:

Sony is all about vertical integration. They can't just ditch a division. 

I can't even count how many billions they've lost on the TV line. Their gaming, movies, mobile and music divisions are all doing pretty well, but their TVs are what's bringing them down and will continue to do so. Most shareholders aren't going to care that PS4 is selling extremely well, or that the Xperia is doing great, all eyes are on the TV division. 

All eyes are on because sony's tvs are still successfull, despite the loss. But they highly contribute sony's success in gaming, entertainment, mobile etc.

A 3 seconds TV commercial showing a company's logo cost millions. What about having the logo right below your screen the whole time you watch TV ? That's the best advertising, invading people's home.

Funny how people use the excuse of saying it counts all of MS divisions and yet Nintendo is still worth more than Sony when Sony has a shit load of divisions as well.