By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo is worth more than Sony. Microsoft kicks both companies

DBZfan2027 said:
IsawYoshi said:
DBZfan2027 said:
babuks said:
Enjoy your financial successes while we enjoy games (for gamers which matters). Like it will make the companies suddenly come with more exclusives, or radical price drops or something that matters to a gamer.

This. And honestly, it should be /thread from here, but the Nintendo fans need something to cheer about lately. I saw some dude trying to spin this obvious pyrrhic victory into something more by saying it gives them "buyer's confidence." What a joke. As a gamer, financials mean nothing to me. And they (Nintendo fans) should really feel cheated knowing how much money Ninty has in the bank and yet they are getting no games to show for it. Not to mention the weakest console to compete with PS4/XB1. And yes, Sony has other divisions, which ultimately means they employ more people, correct? So, why then cheer for the demise of Sony and selling off buildings? The funny thing about this is by bringing these facts up, I, as a gamer am not affected, but the people who could potentially lose their jobs are. Good job, guys; not only do these points prove your desperation, you're also starting to look like callous sociopaths. Cool.

If we're going to bring up selling things, why not bring up the stuff that matters to gaming? Remember when Nintendo sold Rare off to Microsoft? While I don't know their financials at the time (why should I -_-;) I'd wager anything they weren't doing too well around that time. If Nintendo's only means of staying profitable is to conserve as much as possible by making less games, making cheap, outdated hardware, then brag all you want. Ever wonder what will happen when another Wii fad outbreak doesn't happen? Surely they can't stay profitable at this rate with the handheld market continuing to shrink and more Wii-U disasters. Fact is, these charts show that Nintendo is only slightly ahead of Sony, anyway. In the end, Playstation isn't going anywhere, fellas -- and considering the imminent success of PS4, there's no way you're going to spin this into some kind of doomed thread.

I think your wager didn't pay of. Nintendo haven't lost money since they entered the stock market, with exception of now recently. Next time do your research. You don't seem to be aware of it, but Nintendo never owned Rare. They held 49% stake in the company. MS bought the other 51%, rendering Nintendos percents "useless."  That's why they sold, nothing else.

Also, concider yourself reported. Callous sociopaths were uncalled for.

It was an educated guess going by my, understandbly, limited knowledge of every company's financials. As I said, this stuff doesn't matter to me. All I look for is sales of certain games nowadays to see how well something I like sold. Did it sell a million or more? If yes, then my hopes are that it's enough to warrant a sequel for said game. That's as deep as I go with that stuff because that's what's really important to a gamer. I have no desire to research the financials and earnings of the console maker I prefer. Why should I? Even if I scoured the net and found something fitting to my argument, this would please me little as I'd just be entertaining a benign discussion I gain nothing from knowing -- as a GAMER. This begs the question: Why are you spending the extra time to find this stuff out? I only see you and a number of other people using this information to strawman arguments about Playstation vs Nintendo.

Also, good job ignoring the meat of my comment and going straight to something you thought you "got me" on. Never mind the fact that I am not pretending to be a market expert here. As for reporting me, I really couldn't care less what happens to me on this site. I signed up to put in my 2 cents because so many of you are being short sighted in these discussions about sales. Also, i see reporting people as a tacet admission of defeat. Everytime I bring up what the sales should really mean to gamers, you guys ignore it, cherry pick arguments, and strawman people. This time, I direct an insult based on what's actually being said regarding people's jobs, and I get reported -- while the heart of my discussion is ignored yet again. If this is the purpose of the forums, then I'm happy to say I won't miss not posting again. I have no use for gamers who get hard-ons for sales figures simply because it shows their preferred company's "dominance".

Welp, back to playing The Last of Us and trying to tackle my backlog of games.

You are the one arguing about Sony vs Nintendo. You are the one that got into some kind of aggressive denial about your company real situation.

No one here is cheering for neither of them to fail, no gamer would do so.

What most of us are doing here is trying find out if Nintendo "cheap" but sustainable way of business is better than Sony risky hardware edge seeker. And you are wrong, i do care about this as a GAMER, because i want these companys to be around in ten years.

Around the Network
DBZfan2027 said:
IsawYoshi said:
DBZfan2027 said:
babuks said:
Enjoy your financial successes while we enjoy games (for gamers which matters). Like it will make the companies suddenly come with more exclusives, or radical price drops or something that matters to a gamer.

This. And honestly, it should be /thread from here, but the Nintendo fans need something to cheer about lately. I saw some dude trying to spin this obvious pyrrhic victory into something more by saying it gives them "buyer's confidence." What a joke. As a gamer, financials mean nothing to me. And they (Nintendo fans) should really feel cheated knowing how much money Ninty has in the bank and yet they are getting no games to show for it. Not to mention the weakest console to compete with PS4/XB1. And yes, Sony has other divisions, which ultimately means they employ more people, correct? So, why then cheer for the demise of Sony and selling off buildings? The funny thing about this is by bringing these facts up, I, as a gamer am not affected, but the people who could potentially lose their jobs are. Good job, guys; not only do these points prove your desperation, you're also starting to look like callous sociopaths. Cool.

If we're going to bring up selling things, why not bring up the stuff that matters to gaming? Remember when Nintendo sold Rare off to Microsoft? While I don't know their financials at the time (why should I -_-;) I'd wager anything they weren't doing too well around that time. If Nintendo's only means of staying profitable is to conserve as much as possible by making less games, making cheap, outdated hardware, then brag all you want. Ever wonder what will happen when another Wii fad outbreak doesn't happen? Surely they can't stay profitable at this rate with the handheld market continuing to shrink and more Wii-U disasters. Fact is, these charts show that Nintendo is only slightly ahead of Sony, anyway. In the end, Playstation isn't going anywhere, fellas -- and considering the imminent success of PS4, there's no way you're going to spin this into some kind of doomed thread.

I think your wager didn't pay of. Nintendo haven't lost money since they entered the stock market, with exception of now recently. Next time do your research. You don't seem to be aware of it, but Nintendo never owned Rare. They held 49% stake in the company. MS bought the other 51%, rendering Nintendos percents "useless."  That's why they sold, nothing else.

Also, concider yourself reported. Callous sociopaths were uncalled for.

It was an educated guess going by my, understandbly, limited knowledge of every company's financials. As I said, this stuff doesn't matter to me. All I look for is sales of certain games nowadays to see how well something I like sold. Did it sell a million or more? If yes, then my hopes are that it's enough to warrant a sequel for said game. That's as deep as I go with that stuff because that's what's really important to a gamer. I have no desire to research the financials and earnings of the console maker I prefer. Why should I? Even if I scoured the net and found something fitting to my argument, this would please me little as I'd just be entertaining a benign discussion I gain nothing from knowing -- as a GAMER. This begs the question: Why are you spending the extra time to find this stuff out? I only see you and a number of other people using this information to strawman arguments about Playstation vs Nintendo.

Also, good job ignoring the meat of my comment and going straight to something you thought you "got me" on. Never mind the fact that I am not pretending to be a market expert here. As for reporting me, I really couldn't care less what happens to me on this site. I signed up to put in my 2 cents because so many of you are being short sighted in these discussions about sales. Also, i see reporting people as a tacet admission of defeat. Everytime I bring up what the sales should really mean to gamers, you guys ignore it, cherry pick arguments, and strawman people. This time, I direct an insult based on what's actually being said regarding people's jobs, and I get reported -- while the heart of my discussion is ignored yet again. If this is the purpose of the forums, then I'm happy to say I won't miss not posting again. I have no use for gamers who get hard-ons for sales figures simply because it shows their preferred company's "dominance".

Welp, back to playing The Last of Us and trying to tackle my backlog of games.

You can't be serious? Your calling ME a fanboy? You're the one coming into this thread getting all defensive! Funny thing is, you say I'm the one trying to spinn thisand ignoring your main point, while you're the one ignoring the fact that I didn't even say that I dissagreed with the first part of your comment. Talk about being defencive! 

Don't try to spin this into "I don't care, cause I have games to play and you don't since your here arguing with me." Doesn't work. You are here just as much as I am, deal with it.

This is a sales site. You know what we discuss on a sales site? Economics and sales. If you don't want to do research you shouldn't jump into an argument either.

The point of reporting people is to make them stop being immature on the forums. It is more than possible to tell people how it is without calling them sociopaths, it was uncalled for and report worthy. Read the rules next time. Has nothing to do with "defeat." If I felt defeated I would leave your comment alone after reporting it, not quoting it and replying.  

FlamingWeazel said:

Who said anything about PR??? They have the right leadership and will be fine...want to make a bet? Things get bad enough they will sell/dissolve their money leaking divisions, restructure and still be 4 times the size of nintendo.

still be 4 times the size of Nintendo? Wat?

Click HERE and be happy 

DBZfan2027 said:
Play4Fun said:
DBZfan2027 said:
babuks said:

You two need to chill and realize this is as much a sales site as it is a gaming site, so it's no surprise info like this would be something people are interested in.

Get out of console-wars mode for a while and stop being so defensive.

I am chill here. How in the world is my comment somehow filled with angst or ire? I'm bringing a much-needed perspective to this discussion and you write my comment off as console war drivel? Please, get off your neutral high horse and let the big boys handle themselves here. There are obvious posts that are more antagonistic -- albeit cleverly veiled as a "sales discussion" -- that I'm mostly responding to.

"Much-needed perspective." *Rolls eyes* Oh please...
Read your posts, they're filled with passive-aggressive console wars bullshit.