By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo is worth more than Sony. Microsoft kicks both companies

not suprised nintendo is worth more, the sony electronic department has been failing for years being beat by Samsung. The PlayStation department is doing well,

And selling of real estate just to stay alive and out of the red is no way a positive thing, its a sign of failure, i hope sony drops the areas they are loosing money and focus on things that are profitable

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:

Yet they have failed to ever address theri third party support issues, network infrastructure, nor designed their system around what devs needed.

even if Nintendid what third parties want they would still not get the support they give MS and Sony thus leaving them with over priced hardware that they will lose a huge amount on just to satisfy them? any idiot would see this is not the way to go for Nintendo if they want to stay in business

there is a reason why Nintendo is more valuable than Sony and actually making prophet and have been in business for as long as they have.

pleas cut down your topic treas as they are getting way too long

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

FlamingWeazel said:
Arkhandar said:

Like Sony, Nintendo is now a safe heaven for indies, so I don't see how Nintendon't learn from mistakes. 

In the end, all three companies do, otherwise they wouldn't be still alive anyway.

Yet they have failed to ever address theri third party support issues, network infrastructure, nor designed their system around what devs needed.

The network infrastructure is more than sufficient already for a completly free service. Third-party support continues to be a problem though, as always.

As for not designing their system around what devs need, that will never change. That's just how things work for Nintendo. They developed consoles for their games, which ultimately sacrifices third-party support of course.

Bruxel said:
not suprised nintendo is worth more, the sony electronic department has been failing for years being beat by Samsung. The PlayStation department is doing well,

And selling of real estate just to stay alive and out of the red is no way a positive thing, its a sign of failure, i hope sony drops the areas they are loosing money and focus on things that are profitable

I don't say abandon divisions in the red. Some areas just need reestructuring. Sony has the potential to become even more of a multimedia giant. All they need is a good management and leadership, which seems to be the case now with Kazuo there, thankfully.

Arkhandar said:

The network infrastructure is more than sufficient already for a completly free service. Third-party support continues to be a problem though, as always.

As for not designing their system around what devs need, that will never change. That's just how things work for Nintendo. They developed consoles for their games, which ultimately sacrifices third-party support of course.

If Nintendo listened to EA Nintendo would have been doom3d for real!

I'm glad Nintendo doesn't listen to some of these greedy companies

and pleas cut down your trees as they are getting too long :P

Around the Network
Arkhandar said:
Bruxel said:

I don't say abandon divisions in the red. Some areas just need reestructuring. Sony has the potential to become even more of a multimedia giant. All they need is a good management and leadership, which seems to be the case now with Kazuo there, thankfully.

This I do agree with, but they have a lot of work to do. I don't understand why some here would like to see Sony go under, that is good for no one. They make some good stuff at sony.

Roma said:
Arkhandar said:

Yeah look where it has gotten them on the path to irrelevanmce.EA is not the whole industry.

FlamingWeazel said:

Yeah look where it has gotten them on the path to irrelevanmce.EA is not the whole industry.

I know it was just an example of bad companies out there

EA will probably win the crap award for the third time lol

Roma said:
Arkhandar said:

Thaks for the heads up! I didn't know you could deleted them ;)

rolltide101x said:
Pavolink said:
This speaks loud and clear at how Sony should drop from the hardware race and go third party.

I will assume you mean Nintendo lol. PS4 should outsell the Wii U in a matter of months

Outselling the Wii U is not going to help them at this point. Maybe if they drop a few of their divisions that they cant compete in they would have a chance. Also their gaming division is not doing all that well either. They lost a ton of money on the PS3 that they will never get back and the Vita is following in its footsetps it seems. PS4 seems to be selling a lot of units but its at a loss and i dont think subscription fees are going to help them either cause it sure as hell didnt help Microsoft's gaming division last generation. They need to sell a ton of software in the long run and from what i am seeing they are focusing on a large install base to try and accomplish this. Its make or break for Sony at this point.