By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo is worth more than Sony. Microsoft kicks both companies

orniletter said:
drkohler said:

Well, let's see:

I have this expensive (to maintain) building A and I sell it for a lot of $$$.

I build a smaller, less expensive building B that does the job for $$ (<< $$$) (and which is much less expensive to maintain than A).

Thats not what Sony did, they still operate from the same buildings but have to pay the new owners money to use them.

Thats not a situation that you want to be in.

Why did you drop the last (key) sentence of my post?

Around the Network
DBZfan2027 said:
Play4Fun said:
DBZfan2027 said:
babuks said:
Enjoy your financial successes while we enjoy games (for gamers which matters). Like it will make the companies suddenly come with more exclusives, or radical price drops or something that matters to a gamer.

This. And honestly, it should be /thread from here, but the Nintendo fans need something to cheer about lately. I saw some dude trying to spin this obvious pyrrhic victory into something more by saying it gives them "buyer's confidence." What a joke. As a gamer, financials mean nothing to me. And they (Nintendo fans) should really feel cheated knowing how much money Ninty has in the bank and yet they are getting no games to show for it. Not to mention the weakest console to compete with PS4/XB1. And yes, Sony has other divisions, which ultimately means they employ more people, correct? So, why then cheer for the demise of Sony and selling off buildings? The funny thing about this is by bringing these facts up, I, as a gamer am not affected, but the people who could potentially lose their jobs are. Good job, guys; not only do these points prove your desperation, you're also starting to look like callous sociopaths. Cool.

If we're going to bring up selling things, why not bring up the stuff that matters to gaming? Remember when Nintendo sold Rare off to Microsoft? While I don't know their financials at the time (why should I -_-;) I'd wager anything they weren't doing too well around that time. If Nintendo's only means of staying profitable is to conserve as much as possible by making less games, making cheap, outdated hardware, then brag all you want. Ever wonder what will happen when another Wii fad outbreak doesn't happen? Surely they can't stay profitable at this rate with the handheld market continuing to shrink and more Wii-U disasters. Fact is, these charts show that Nintendo is only slightly ahead of Sony, anyway. In the end, Playstation isn't going anywhere, fellas -- and considering the imminent success of PS4, there's no way you're going to spin this into some kind of doomed thread.

You two need to chill and realize this is as much a sales site as it is a gaming site, so it's no surprise info like this would be something people are interested in.

Get out of console-wars mode for a while and stop being so defensive.

I am chill here. How in the world is my comment somehow filled with angst or ire? I'm bringing a much-needed perspective to this discussion and you write my comment off as console war drivel? Please, get off your neutral high horse and let the big boys handle themselves here. There are obvious posts that are more antagonistic -- albeit cleverly veiled as a "sales discussion" -- that I'm mostly responding to.

"and yet they are getting no games to show for it."

"Not to mention the weakest console to compete with PS4/XB1."

"not only do these points prove your desperation, you're also starting to look like callous sociopaths."

"Remember when Nintendo sold Rare off to Microsoft?" (factually incorrect)

"If Nintendo's only means of staying profitable is to conserve as much as possible by making less games, making cheap, outdated hardware, then brag all you want."

"when another Wii fad outbreak doesn't happen"

Enlighten us all, big boy Dragon Ball Z Fan 2027 !!!

Bwahaha !

And this is taking Sony's other devisions into consideration? Wow. I thought Nintendo was dead.

As others have said, a comparison between Apple, MS, and Google is more realistic. Or just a comparison between Sony/MS' gaming devisions vs. Nintendo.

160rmf said:

/ enjoy COD ghosts, fifa 14 and how ps4 is selling more than wii u, that's what the majority of sony fans are doing right now

Oh irony, cherry picking games from a  system thats 1.5 months old, What great new IP's have nintendo gamers been playing the last decade?  Sony always invests in new and unique IP's, you should try it sometime.

FlamingWeazel said:
160rmf said:

/ enjoy COD ghosts, fifa 14 and how ps4 is selling more than wii u, that's what the majority of sony fans are doing right now

Oh irony, cherry picking games from a  system thats 1.5 months old, What great new IP's have nintendo gamers been playing the last decade?  Sony always invests in new and unique IP's, you should try it sometime.

I agree, Sony has been trying to create many new IP's and taking risks to create new experiences. People are buying PS4 even though there are not many games because of the reason of promise from Sony in providing new IP's and experiences from Games and they trust. But, Nintendo always playing safe with their IP's as the source to gain advantage to sell more software and hardare to earn profits with cheap and outdated hardare and also creating problems to game developers to struggle to optimize the game for the less powerful hardware rather spending more time on making games with more content. Nintendo never really wanted to innovate gaming with technology and ease the development for devlopers/3rd party instead they wanted to innovate their old games and earn more profits mostly from their IP's.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Around the Network
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Arkhandar said:

The funny part is that if PlayStation Now extends to non-Sony devices, Sony can be considered a third-party.

Lol. That would actually be true :).

It's like Sony is desperate for some cash so they are doing what the annalists and share holders have been telling Nintendo to do the last couple of years.

seriously if I can play PS games on any device why do I need any of the PS hardware? It will be interesting to see how this affects hardware sales

quickly someone make a thread about Sony going turd party!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Arkhandar said:

The funny part is that if PlayStation Now extends to non-Sony devices, Sony can be considered a third-party.

It's like Sony is desperate for some cash so they are doing what the annalists and share holders have been telling Nintendo to do the last couple of years.

seriously if I can play PS games on any device why do I need any of the PS hardware? It will be interesting to see how this affects hardware sales

It may be part of a bigger strategy to make Playstation a rental or subscription service only. When we look at PS+ and those essentially rented games, they seems to be nudging their customers to this kind of model. Like they nudged them to PS+ in the first place.

For Sony i hope it's a strategy and not some panic move to secure quick cash. They need to be making solid, futureproof decisions at the moment.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

FlamingWeazel said:
160rmf said:

Yeah i cherry picked the million selling games, if i did with ps3 (based in +10M sellers) it would be the same result: fifa and cod. I know that sony invest in new ips i already tried on my ps3, but the only that sells for the majority of sony gamers are realistic enviroment. Nintendo invest in new ips too you should try sometimes

We reap what we sow

160rmf said:
FlamingWeazel said:
160rmf said:

Yeah i cherry picked the million selling games, if i did with ps3 (based in +10M sellers) it would be the same result: fifa and cod. I know that sony invest in new ips i already tried on my ps3, but the only that sells for the majority of sony gamers are realistic enviroment. Nintendo invest in new ips too you should try sometimes

What new Ip's has mnintendo done???? Many of sonys exclusive ip's sell well. Uncharted new ip. Infamous new IP, Heavy rain new IP, Last of us., little big planet (A tonne of awards there already) So much for the same result...  Any healthy system has strong developer support, unlike Nintendo. Sony could coast on third parties, but yet they keep trying new things...................that's impressive.

Also since when is third parties selling wella  bad thing??? LMAO that only foster smore support.....try to spin that as a bad thing? That's hw you are supposed to make a good system, not shun development support and live in a bubble.

Roma said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Arkhandar said:

We are not going to play PS4 games in Playstation now, just PS1-PS3 and its meant a way to allow people to play their classics in any device in future without need of the hardware because the old hardware is discontinued after 10 years so we don't have PS1/PS2 now and also its meant for people who want to play their games anywhere without taking the hardware with them. This is future proof strategy and after 10 years we are going to see this as a medium for our classics.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.