By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii U pact- Invest in 3rd party on the Wii U in 2014! Less than a week to go, the Pact is coming to an end. - 128 eshop games on clearance this week!

Tagged games:

PacMan and the Ghostly Adventures 2: Rate it

A 8 9.20%

A- 3 3.45%

B+ 6 6.90%

B 8 9.20%

B- 6 6.90%

C+ 11 12.64%

C- 6 6.90%

D 6 6.90%

F 12 13.79%

Other, post below ( extre... 20 22.99%

Total:86
Cobretti2 said:

well yer it improved on the original but a lot of reivewers seemed to want more for a game built from ground up on wii u then fixes that fans wanted. There was also some minor gfx and frame rate issues. 

I think it averages like 69 on emtacrtic which I think is below what it deserves. As you know anyhintg below an 8 these days is concidered aids and we should all stay away from it.

The game does have several flaws, but in general is a good product, the improvements of the Wii U version were significant as the original release left many things to be desired, I think is a solid 7.5 and worth it for those who like action games.

Around the Network

Purchased Kickbeat from the eshop

Yep, I purchased How To Train Your Dragon 2, I haven't played it yet though. I will try Kickbeat later on tonite and let you know what I think.

Burning through the list of cheap and quality third party Wii U games..

Snagged Rayman for $17
AC4 for $15
Mass Effect 3 for $9
Just got Batman Arkham Origins for $19

First two games are great, I feel like I got away with highway robbery or something with how cheap these are.. I've yet to play the other two but I've only heard good things. I'm giving Mass Effect one more chance after hating the 360 controls. I feel like it could be a lot easier for me with the gamepad.

Next I was thinking of picking up Zombi U for $14. Either that or Call of Duty: Ghosts for around the same price. I'd probably get one or the other, not both. Waiting for Wonderful 101 to get just a tad bit cheaper. Looks good, but not quite $24 good.. Also, Steam World Dig looks like it's more than worth the $10 on the Eshop. I'll probably get that at some point soon.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

I'm playing Teslagrad now, and I think it's a good game worth checking out if you're into puzzle platformers. It has a couple of issues though.

First is the inherent frustration that comes with some of the puzzles/bosses. Most puzzles/bosses in the game are well crafted, a good challenge, and fun to go through, though there are definitely some where the difficulty just feels cheap rather than rewarding.

The issue is that when opening up gates to get into another part of the tower, the game stutters really heavily for some reason. Not sure why, but it does. It's not game-breaking, but it really sucks to have to see the stutter almost every time you open up a gate in the central tower.

Other than that, I like it so far. Puzzles are mostly engaging and fun, and I love the art style.

NNID: TheCCluc

Around the Network

I'm not much a fan of digital game purchases (particularly for Nintendo stuff because a lot of it seems overpriced and it's tied to the hardware), for the simple reason that you can't sell them back, but it's getting hard to resist with the plethora of good looking games on the eshop. As I said I'll probably get Steamworld Dig soon. Might get Child of Light too, Ubisoft rarely lets me down. Shovel Knight looks like a fun retro style game, takes me right back to the early 90s.. Unepic looks like my type of game too. It just sucks that most of these games are $15 or more. I really can't see myself buying these unless they hit at least $10.. Maybe I'll wait for another one of those Best Buy Nintendo point card deals.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

DarthMetalliCube said:
Burning through the list of cheap and quality third party Wii U games..

Snagged Rayman for $17
AC4 for $15
Mass Effect 3 for $9
Just got Batman Arkham Origins for $19

First two games are great, I feel like I got away with highway robbery or something with how cheap these are.. I've yet to play the other two but I've only heard good things. I'm giving Mass Effect one more chance after hating the 360 controls. I feel like it could be a lot easier for me with the gamepad.

Next I was thinking of picking up Zombi U for $14. Either that or Call of Duty: Ghosts for around the same price. I'd probably get one or the other, not both. Waiting for Wonderful 101 to get just a tad bit cheaper. Looks good, but not quite $24 good.. Also, Steam World Dig looks like it's more than worth the $10 on the Eshop. I'll probably get that at some point soon.

Go now and buy it, It was worth it at 60 U$, the amount of content is amazing, the battles are bonkers!, the action is non stop, only real problem is getting use to the controls, it does have an akward learning curve, it is almost mandatory to purchase the evasion moves as soon as you can, but no-one tells you about it till you start messing around with the ingame store.

Ok, I think I narrow my October purchase to only 2 titles, now I need to chose which one... in case anyone want to offer his opinion of those games.

007 Legends
Scribblenauts Unmasked

spurgeonryan said:
Ummmm....after playing Ghost I would say maybe scribblenauts for you.

I don't know I like Ghosts more. But I am probably bias cause I play against my friend locally on the gamepad. So much fun fighting against him in another room so we can't spy on our screens.

Made my choice, buying 007 Legends, I don't have any FPS on my pending list and is dirty cheap on amazon, even if it is bad it would not bother me too much.