By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How much are U enjoying your Wii U?

My experience is very positive, not so much because of the games, but because of the Gamepad itself and its functionality. Off-TV is just amazing for me as im a big Handheld fan, the TVii function is also very useful, and the internet browser is the best one out there console wise.

The games ive played most are NFS MW U which is awesome, ZombiU which was pretty good, ACIII which is OK, NSMBU which is great and Zelda WW which is a masterpiece.

Overall i would rate the HW as a solid 8/10. If it only wouldve been slightly more powerful it would ve been just the best console ever. only my opinion.

On the SW side it still lacks killer apps. Mario3DWorld and NSMBU the only ones that do the job as for now. Pikmin and Zelda did their job as (very nice) fillers. 2014 appears to be a very promising year for WiiU.

Around the Network

1) 8.5/10. What's holding it back is t

2) I've play almost every day for a year now, although half that time has been Wii games.

3) Monster Hunter Tri U (favorite online game, great for off-TV play, always something to do), Arkham City: Armored Edition (nothing like beating people up as Batman & friends), Need for Speed: Most Wanted (the closest thing to an arcady racer that's not Mario Kart, another great game to play off-TV). Special mention goes to Nintendoland for being an excellent choice for when a guest is over, but I never touch it if I'm alone.

I should also mention that I haven't played many Wii U games yet. I have a crapton of games sitting on a bookshelf waiting for their turn.

8/10.

The Gamepad is used fairly decent in most games. (Mostly as map displays though)
My favourites are clearly Darksiders II, Batman Arkahm City and TloZ WW remake. Really like the map system.

Also there is Miiverse which adds a lot of fun hours the normal usage of the console.

As far as I can say, I use it, don't know one or two times a week.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

I don't have it right now, I already bought two games though, New Super Luigi U and Batman Arkham City, I'm really looking forward to play them in two weeks. The console looks excellent!

1) 7, it's my favorite home console at the moment, I own that PS3, X360, and am mainly a PC gamer.
2) Since Christmas about 40 hours
3) SM3D world is awesome, as is Pikmin, and Rayman Legends. They're fun... idk what else to put.

1) I wish, wish, the games with the same artstyle like pikmin or SM3Dworld would be 1080p native @60 FPS instead of 720p upscaled. It still looks great, but it still feels like it's a just a bit weaker than it should be.

2) No blu ray player. I use it on main TV, and wiiu pad as controller. I don't like to clutter up my area, so I'd rather not have to have a PS3 and wii-u. I'd rather just leave the wii-u there w/o ps3.

Around the Network

Never mind.

I'll make a seperate thread.

Wii U is a fantastic console....I just want to state that I never owned an original Wii cause I didn't like the idea of the motion control gaming but with the Wii U tablet and Pro control I'm really loving it......i will never use the stupid nunchuk thing though and don't plan on buying that ever.

9.0 score - I bought a Wii U when Zelda Windwaker bundle came out. It's kept me plenty busy and lately been playing it every day.

My list of is going by most time playing per game:

1) SM3DW
2) Pikmin 3
3) Super Luigi U
4) Zelda Windwaker
5) Rayman Legends
6) Zombie U

looking forward to 2014 with that and my 3ds ill be busy all year with Nintendo

Wii U: 8/10
Pros:
MiiVerse
Cons:
No Smash Bros or X yet

perfect 10

I turn it on when I wake up and take it to bed with me at night.

Throw movies on tv WHILE web browsing on touch screen. Action Adventure Heaven. Rich Library including Virtual Console And Wii. I'm selling my entire life's collection of games dating back to the 80's because I'm so well covered. Only keeping gamecube and PC of coarse.

I use it every day, but mostly for indie games and virtual console, there are not many good major games on it.

When it has even ONE of the following, I will be happy:
1. X/Xenogears/Xenosaga 4 - please don't be cancelled!!!!
2. Mario Galaxy 3
3. Legend of Zelda U
4. Fire Emblem U
5. Pokemon MMO
6. Mario Kart U
7. Smash Brothers U
8. Dragon Quest X

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.