By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How much are U enjoying your Wii U?

1. 10

2. I have played between Pikmin, Rayman legends and Darksiders 2 more than 50 hour.

3. I have others games like Super Mario bros u, Zombie U, monter hunter tri and others as soon I finish pokemon x I'll be playing wii u again no enough time, work, anime, here, I need more time :(

The system is awesome, I like the 2 screen gameplay is different experience for me, the only thing I want, I need friends, I wish I can play with someone else :(

Xbox live: kyokusanagiii    Watching: Patlabor The Mobile Police (OAV 1)

Around the Network

1) As of now, rate the Wii U on a scale of 1-10
3/10. This will definitely rise with the upcoming software though.
2) How much have you used the Wii U?
Barely touched it, sub 50 hours since launch.
3) What are your favorite Wii U games? Why?
NSMBU and Nintendoland... the only 2 I own

1- 8/10

2- Well I've beaten NSMBU, NSLU, SM3DW, and Injustice. I can't bring myself to continue Batman Arkham City and I probably wont open TLoZWWHD. Finally, it's my Netflix primary (which I don't watch much). So, I wouldn't say I use the console quite regularly.

3. My favorite would be SM3DW. Overall, memorable game.

Edit: Forgot about my virtual console games. I've completed them except Super Metroid and Earthbound (which I haven't started). 2) still stands though.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

1) 7
2) Probably only around 4-5 hours a week currently.
3) I only have a few original titles, but I guess Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is my favorite so far. I've never played the Wii version, so it's new to me!

Opinion: I bought one off eBay last year, after the Christmas rush ended, and it already seemed pretty clear that its supply was exceeding demand, so I was able to get it for significantly cheaper. I mostly bought it for the promise of new games in the franchises I like, but it was also an excuse to give my old Wii to my parents, since the family system just crapped out around that time.

So....with the exception of Nintendoland and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, the only things I've been using it for are my Wii backlog (still working on Xenoblade Chronicles) and some cool retro games on the eShop. It works as a Netflix hub too, which I really like. Oh, and it's not a system seller, but I love how the Gamepad works as a TV remote. Pretty handy if I can't find the actual remote.

All in all, I like the hardware, I just haven't got a chance to play a lot of the new games. Most of my gaming time has been spent on the 3DS lately. Oddly enough, my first year with the 3DS was almost identical to my first year with the Wii U. Bought it cheaper off eBay, and mostly played DS and retro games while waiting for better software. I really love my 3DS now, so I look forward to seeing what the Wii U will bring me a year from now.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

1. I really love my Wii U so therefore I can honestly say its a definite 10.

2. We have had ours since launch and It gets played everyday, but my work schedule is a little hectic and I don't get as much time with it as I would like. My kids on the other hand are logging in some massive hours over the Christmas break.

3. SM3dW, LoZ WW, Need for Speed, Arkham City are all really fun games. You can get the last 2 for $20 at toysrus.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network

5/10, I really like the Wii U but I barely use. I've just been using it for the couch coop Mario games when I have friends over; which isn't often. I'm just glad I bought it when it was $199 as it's definitely not worth the full price it's at currently for me.

Sadly, I feel like after Bayonetta 2, Project X, and a new Mario Party U, my use for the Wii U will be over. Nintendo hasn't really given me much to look forward to. At least with the PS4/XBone you can imagine (and hope for) upcoming games that hasn't even been announced. Im sure each console will come out with new IP, but can you really blame me for thinking that Nintendo will just make more new Mario related games?

1- 9.
2- much more than ps3
3- wwhd, pikmin, sm3dw, batman ac, zumbi u. luigi u. all i have.

Dream_While_Awake said:

If you own a Wii U, please share the following info with me:

1) As of now, rate the Wii U on a scale of 1-10

2) How much have you used the Wii U?

3) What are your favorite Wii U games? Why?

Also, give any other opinions on the Wii U that you feel like sharing. Thank you.

1. I'll give it a 9, but it'll be a 10 after a few more games release.

2. I only use it about 6-10 hours a week FOR GAMING, but I make good use of it for internet and netflix as well.

3. ZombiU: because it is an amazing and scary thriller, Lego City Undercover: because it is awesome and funny as hell, Super Mario 3D World for the obvious reasons.

I'd give it a 9/10

Game selection is pretty good, wish it had some more useful apps.
I use it about 30 hours a week between games and Netflix.
Off-TV play is absolutely amazing.

My favourite 10 Wii U games would have to be (In order) Rayman Legends, SM3DW, Lego City Undercover, Lego Marvel SuperHeroes, NBA 2K13, NSMBU, Pikmin 3, Zelda WWHD, ACIV, Deus Ex: Human Revolution. But there are so many other good ones out there.

Predictions! By the end of 2014... PS4: 15 million +, Wii U: 12 million, XOne: 9.5 million! 

1) As of right now, I'd probably give it a 7/10. Once it gets some more games that truly take advantage of the more unique features of the console then that will jump up easily. I like how the recent games are using Miiverse but I want to continue to see better use of it than just sending out pictures or short sentences after beating a level.

2) In total I've used mine quite a bit. For the first half of the year it was mostly just my Netflix machine with the occasional round of Black Ops II or a run through of NSMBU. Lately, I've been using it daily for gaming and movie watching so it gets used a LOT now.

3) SM3DW and NSMBU are both fantastic additions to the Mario franchise. Great platforming gameplay. Sonic Lost World is a lot better than people gave it credit for. It brings a lot of welcome mechanics to the series. They need some tightening up and would work better in a more open environment but I like where it seems to be heading. ZombiU was pretty good. Definitely could've used a more expansive combat system to avoid the repetition but I enjoyed the atmosphere.