By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How much are U enjoying your Wii U?

1) As of now, rate the Wii U on a scale of 1-10?
10, Let you guys know I hate the Wii, yea I'm probably the biggest Nintendo Fan but I love the Wii U. It's like John Lucus said that the Wii U(Unity), it has something for everyone. It had that gamepad for hand held lovers, gimmick wiimotes, HD graphics for old school Nintendo lovers like me and wireless pro controllers for Xbox players switching over, etc.

2) How much have you used the Wii U? Non-stop, in fact I got back into gaming, I actually quit console gaming when the Wii was released.

3) What are your favorite Wii U games? Why? Super Mario 3D World, super creative, I also liked Super Mario Bros U. Also got Need For Speed Most Wanted U, was really bad, the game was to hard so I stopped playing it. But I actually started playing wii games as well, that I had gotten for Wii but never wanted to play them on Wii.

Also, give any other opinions on the Wii U that you feel like sharing. Thank you.
OK! so the other day I had my two cousins come over to play some video games and they are both xBox 360 fans. After they played Wii U, saw how the gamepad was used, they were Amazed! They couldn't stop talking about how fun Nintendo Land was. In fact one of them had gotten the X1 and now wanted the Wii U, he said he still doesn't play the X1 but still plays 360.

Fun Fact, guess how much he spend on his X1! He told me it cost him about $1,300, he got the X1, 3 controller, like 3 games with membership, etc. LoL, i felt bad for him, the only future game he was exicted about was Halo, why would you spend that much money for one game. I told him with like 500 bucks, you can make a super PC and get all the games for PS4 and X1 have half the price with better graphics.

Off Topic here abit but I was thinking what Sony and Microsoft will do next generation, they can't release a console with 16 core CPU or 16gig memory. Just like what John Lucus said this will be the "Last Generation", someone should make a topic about this.

Around the Network

7/10

I would like to use it way more 

Most recently Batman Arkham City and Super Mario 3D World 

1) 4. Far too few releases of real interest, and the controller feels like a backwards step from the Wiimote/nunchuck.

2) Quite a bit for browsing and watching Netflix. Not that much for playing games (only Trine 2, Rayman Legends and SM3DW have enticed me to play for more than 10hrs) - certainly far less than the original Wii during its first year.

3) Probably SM3DW.  Some very clever level design to bring a smile to the face, though it does suffer in comparison to the sublime Galaxy games and the inclusion of a time limit is highly frustrating and genuinely hampers enjoyment for me. Gamepad controls aren't as good as the old Wii ones (why are attack and run the same button?). Backflips and long jumps are more awkward than on the Wii, and the inability to revert to Galaxy controls even when opting for the Wiimote/nunchuck setup is disappointing, but even with these problems it's still a very good game.

5/10

2.Not used it alot since I bought it half a year ago and it's pretty much a dust collector. Bought it because I found it for really cheap but have mostly just played a bit zombi U on it. Would probably have used it more if donkey kong released last year abd wii games playable on the wii u pad. Pretty much regret my purchase even thought I got it for cheap.I just don't play on it especially after PS4 got released. But a lesson is learned is that I will never buy 2systems.in 1 generation because I only got time to play on one.
3. ZombiU but will buy zelda wind waker HD when it gets cheaper(will not buy a remake for full price and donkey kong aswell as Mario Kart when that releases.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

I would give the Wii U a 7 or 8, it is a lot of fun but not yet living up to potential. I'm playing AC4 atm and its great, doing a lot of gaming on the tablet while lying in bed ;). Also enjoying NFS a lot, especially with the tablet as steering wheel.

Irksome is the lack of innovative support for the tblet by 3r parties, and the lack of good casual games like Wii Sports. I'm looking for a good golf simulator,, something which the tablet plus wiimote could do particularly well, but no one is developing one afaik. 

I think the Wii U is designed to enable innovative game methods, but no one is really pushing this. If I just wanted to have the same old with better graphics, then I would've gone with he PS4, (actually, I would probably stick to the PC). 

Around the Network

I'd give it 5-6/10.

The games I have are;

Sonic Racing Transformed
Windwaker HD
Super Mario Bros U
Call of Duty Black Ops 2
Assassin's Creed 3
Darksiders II
Need for speed most wanted
Tekken tournament
Zombi U

plus wii games that are noticably clearer on my projector than the original wii (projector not great with component output works better with DVI/HDMI/VGA).

Recently I bought a made a low cost gaming PC and have to admit I'm spending a lot of time playing games on that at 1080p and in 3D.

I love the wii u operating system, menu's etc but have been disappointed with the performance of some of the games with regard frame rates and visuals (projectors show every little detail).

I haven't purchased Mario 3D World yet and I'm super keen to get my hands on Mario Kart. So have some great gaming ahead.

I have decided to avoid wii u multiformat games unless in the bargain bin though. Sonic transformed for example looks horrible on the projector (1024x576) because of the resolution but the ps3 version looks good (1280x720) and the PC version looks amazing with better textures at 1920x1080. However my projector is only 720p but 1080p games still look noticably better on it.

Beyond Mariokart I don't know of any wii u games I want that are upcoming apart from the new Zelda and X. X I'm a little unsure of because Xenoblade Chronicles I was absolutely amazed with initially but didn't play too long before I was bored of it. Still technically the most impressive wii game I think though.

Of current titles looking to buy when I find cheap;

Lego City Undercover & Rayman Legends

Plus a whole load of titles if sub £10 or £5 in some cases.

8.5/10
Whenever I can
TW101. A masterpiece with nothing but pure chaotic fun

bet with ash3336 he wins if Super Mario 3D World sells less than Mario Sunshine during the first three years, I win if 3D World outsells Sunshine's first 3 years. Loser get sig controlled for 3 months (punishment might change)

Do you doubt the WiiU? Do you believe that it won't match the GC?

Then come and accept this bet

Nintendo eShop USA sales ranking 2/12/2013 : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173615

1) 8/10
2) An average of two hours a day since I bought it.
3) Mario 3D World, because it's clever, imaginative, and above all, stupendously fun.

10/10
Every freakin day
Zelda WW

PS; IF I HAD ONE !

Dream_While_Awake said:

If you own a Wii U, please share the following info with me:

1) As of now, rate the Wii U on a scale of 1-10

2) How much have you used the Wii U?

3) What are your favorite Wii U games? Why?

Also, give any other opinions on the Wii U that you feel like sharing. Thank you.

1) 8/10.  Marked down because of there being no BBC iPlayer, and not all saved game data can be transferred across from the Wii. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii and Double Dash still get played a lot in our house, so we still use the Wii for that, although new Wii games are played on the Wii U. We currently have the Wii and Wii U sitting side by side, both connected to the TV.

2) The Wii U gets used in one capacity or another nearly every day. The off-TV Gamepad function is being used the most, at the moment, which means it's getting more gameplaying hours than the Wii did. I can see usage increasing as more games are bought.

3) At the moment my favourite would be between Wonderful 101 and Rayman Legends. W101 because it is so different, and Rayman Legends just looks and sounds great. And hearing Eye of the Tiger played on the kazoo is just priceless.

Despite the Wii U being out for a year, I still feel I bought it too early. The games I'm most interested in aren't out yet, but having said that, I've not fully explored all of its other features. I hope something more is done about marketing and awareness where we are. Even now, I get asked 'what's a Wii U?' which is a shame, because when people come over and play it, they love it.