By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I Don't Want Super Mario Galaxy 3

Tagged games:

Hynad said:
DevilRising said:
1. Super Mario 3D World is a "true 3D Mario". Not really sure what the point of not labeling it so serves.

2. No self respecting Mario fan wants a "Galaxy 3". They didn't even need to make a "Galaxy 2", which itself was basically just "Mario Galaxy: Lost Levels".

3. Hopefully it's something back in the Mushroom Kingdom, since they STILL have yet to actually do a 3D Mario set there. Mario 64 doesn't count, you were in a fucking castle with magic paintings, not exploring the actual land/world itself.

This kind of argumentation needs to die. Seriously, get off your high horse. You're not the voice of every Mario fans.

Neither are you, so kindly quit pretending to be the Internet Gaming Forum Police, and keep your snide replies to yourself.

I'm not on any kind of "high horse", there simply does NOT need to be a third Mario Galaxy game. They need to make something original and not just repeat themselves. And I find it really fucking hilarious that people pile into these kinds of forums in droves exclaiming that "Nintendo needs to quit doing the same thing with games like NSMBU and Mario 3D World", but then they turn right around and demand that "The next REAL Mario be like Mario 64, or Sunshine, or Galaxy". It's so disengenous that it'd be hilarious if it weren't so sad.

If someone earnestly wants another 64 or Sunshine or Galaxy, good for them, they're welcome to their opinion, as are you. But seriously, don't come in here and pretend to have some kind of authority to tell me what I should think either. I was expressing my opinion, and the fact of the matter is, it was you who "rode in on YOUR high horse", attacking my comment and telling me "what's what". So perhaps you should look in a mirror the next time you have the inclination to be holier than though with others, eh? Just because I have a strongly expressed opinion you don't happen to agree with, doesn't make me "wrong", nor you "right". Good day.

Around the Network

Woah calm down you guys are fighting over nothing

DevilRising said:
Hynad said:
DevilRising said:
1. Super Mario 3D World is a "true 3D Mario". Not really sure what the point of not labeling it so serves.

2. No self respecting Mario fan wants a "Galaxy 3". They didn't even need to make a "Galaxy 2", which itself was basically just "Mario Galaxy: Lost Levels".

3. Hopefully it's something back in the Mushroom Kingdom, since they STILL have yet to actually do a 3D Mario set there. Mario 64 doesn't count, you were in a fucking castle with magic paintings, not exploring the actual land/world itself.

This kind of argumentation needs to die. Seriously, get off your high horse. You're not the voice of every Mario fans.

Neither are you, so kindly quit pretending to be the Internet Gaming Forum Police, and keep your snide replies to yourself.

I'm not on any kind of "high horse", there simply does NOT need to be a third Mario Galaxy game. They need to make something original and not just repeat themselves. And I find it really fucking hilarious that people pile into these kinds of forums in droves exclaiming that "Nintendo needs to quit doing the same thing with games like NSMBU and Mario 3D World", but then they turn right around and demand that "The next REAL Mario be like Mario 64, or Sunshine, or Galaxy". It's so disengenous that it'd be hilarious if it weren't so sad.

If someone earnestly wants another 64 or Sunshine or Galaxy, good for them, they're welcome to their opinion, as are you. But seriously, don't come in here and pretend to have some kind of authority to tell me what I should think either. I was expressing my opinion, and the fact of the matter is, it was you who "rode in on YOUR high horse", attacking my comment and telling me "what's what". So perhaps you should look in a mirror the next time you have the inclination to be holier than though with others, eh? Just because I have a strongly expressed opinion you don't happen to agree with, doesn't make me "wrong", nor you "right". Good day.

Neither am I? I've never claimed otherwise. I've never tried to tell people what they should like or not, or make them feel they're "lesser fans" for not thinking as I do. You, on the other hand, are attacking every Mario fans who don't see things like you with comments like: "No self respecting Mario fan wants a "Galaxy 3". 

Nice try, though. And that mirror comment of yours? I laugh at its irony.

I  agree with you.. Super Mario Galaxy is my favorite game of all time, but I would love to see a 3D Mario game done in the style of 64. That game is tons of fun even after almost 2 decades.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I think Wii U has too many Mario games where is Metroid?

Around the Network
Hynad said:

Neither am I? I've never claimed otherwise. I've never tried to tell people what they should like or not, or make them feel they're "lesser fans" for not thinking as I do. You, on the other hand, are attacking every Mario fans who don't see things like you with comments like: "No self respecting Mario fan wants a "Galaxy 3". 

What's ironic is internet forum pretentiousness and the people who seem to think their opinions hold more weight than anyone else's. And no, I'm not referring to myself. Cheers.

DevilRising said:
Hynad said:

What's ironic is internet forum pretentiousness and the people who seem to think their opinions hold more weight than anyone else's. And no, I'm not referring to myself. Cheers.

Seriously, you need to take a cold hard look at yourself. These attempts at reflecting this back at me aren't helping you in any way. Keep them coming, though. It's mildly entertaining.

I would buy Super Mario Galaxy 3, but a new Super Mario 64 type 3D-platformer would be awesome too. Either way, as long as they don't make it too easy(Super Mario Galaxy 1, Super Mario 3D Land, NSMB series) or make the soundtrack mediocre (like Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, NSMB series, LoG: Phantom Hourglass), it should be decent. I thought Super Mario Sunshine could have been amazing but it seems like they rushed it at the end. Having to get all the blue coins to trade for Shines was pretty BS too. The music was a little weak also.

Are you crazy? A real 3d mario? I just gave you Super Mario 3D World, ungratefull kid, go to your room!
=/

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

*were.

Super Mario Galaxy 3 shouldn't be made, I agree. But not for the odd reason you gave, but because Nintendo need to make some other 3D Mario game for the Wii U. They've done it every generation since the N64 and that should continue. In addition to that, Super Mario Galaxy 2 sold less than Super Mario Galaxy. They need to move on.