By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Will Probably Outsell Wii U by Spring Globally - Michael Pachter

PEOPLE PS4 WILL NOT SELL IN JAPAN, Wii U and 3DS are taking over Japan, nuff said

Around the Network

It will depend on the release date and performance of Mario Kart 8.
But it will surely happen in 2014 for PS4, not sure about X1.

He expects the Wii U to be only slightly above 5.5M by the end of march. That's ridiculous. It will almost hit that mark after the Japanese new year. It should be at 6M by March 31.

CAB1802 said:
PEOPLE PS4 WILL NOT SELL IN JAPAN, Wii U and 3DS are taking over Japan, nuff said

Lol. PS4 will overtake WiiU as soon as it launches in Japan. I wouldn't be surprised if it doubles the WiiU's launch. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Tagging for March. The salty fanboy tears will taste delicious, especially CAB1802's.

Maybe. Seems what matters most is that it's going to happen soon more than the exact month.

Around the Network

I have to admit he sure takes care of his teeth! That speaks volumes about a man.

I also think the PS4 will outsell the Wii U next year. Even my 14 year old brother knows that. I bet even my neighbor knows that. I think no one is expecting otherwise. But watch the Wii U on january.

It will surprise us all with it's hidden power!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

ryuzaki57 said:
Pessmistic. PS4 will overtake WiiU on Feb 22nd

Want to bet it doesn't?

Fusioncode said:

Lol. PS4 will overtake WiiU as soon as it launches in Japan. I wouldn't be surprised if it doubles the WiiU's launch. 

Are you so sure about that

bubblegamer said:
zhao3gold said:
I remember Sony said they planed to ship 5million units PS4 by end of March while MS planed to ship 5million units X1 by end of June.

Therefore, it is quite likely that PS4 outsell Wii U around June and X1 outsell Wii U around August.

Your understanding of how this works is not as good as you think it is.

Sony has already begun producing even more PS4s per month than they were first planning to. These things are not set in stone. Targets are not there just to be met, companies try their damnest to exceed them.

I dont see whats wrong with hes post or hes understanding.

Hes assumption on when PS4/Xbone will outsell the WiiU is based on the targets set by the companies...theres no other hard evidence to go on by except that. I think hes well aware that the amount of consoles sony/ms ship isnt set in stone.

Although i cant remember MS ever giving a projectection on X1 shipments.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

CAB1802 said:
its Pachter, of course he will be wrong. Dear, Michael Pachter, Your retarded
Most of you are saying that ''oh Wii U is stuck in 5 million and PS4 will outsell it on March''
THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU SAID PEOPLE. DONKEY KONG IS GONNA SELL EVEN THOUGH ITS A DISAPPOINTMENT, ITS STILL A BIG SELLER FRANCHISE AND IT WILL MOVE WII US. Dumbasses these days.

HAHAHAHA The WiiU is dead, majority of Wii owners were casual gamers and they already have a Wii why would they spend money for a WiiU? The WiiU has already seen a price cut and its still not selling, that console is DEAD whether you like it or not. lol