By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Will Probably Outsell Wii U by Spring Globally - Michael Pachter

If Sony plans to be at 5 million by March (a very reasonable if not conservative goal) then no shit they'll outsell the Wii U by Spring. Another softball prediction from Pachter.

Around the Network

The guy makes money speaking the obvious.

But it could be sooner depending on how well PS4 launches in Japan.

tbone51 said:
Fusioncode said:

Lol. PS4 will overtake WiiU as soon as it launches in Japan. I wouldn't be surprised if it doubles the WiiU's launch. 

Are you so sure about that

Which part? I'm sure the PS4 will pass the WiiU by the end of February thanks to the Japan launch, I'm less sure it will double the WiiU's launch. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

pezus said:
Fusioncode said:
tbone51 said:
Fusioncode said:

Lol. PS4 will overtake WiiU as soon as it launches in Japan. I wouldn't be surprised if it doubles the WiiU's launch. 

Are you so sure about that

Which part? I'm sure the PS4 will pass the WiiU by the end of February thanks to the Japan launch, I'm less sure it will double the WiiU's launch. 

I'm thinking ~500k if they have that much supply.

i think you overestimate.   ps3 launched with a paltry 86k.   i would expect a better launch than ps3 but a 5.8:1 ratio is too big to me.   i'd guess more like 200k.

bubblegamer said:
zhao3gold said:
I remember Sony said they planed to ship 5million units PS4 by end of March while MS planed to ship 5million units X1 by end of June.

Therefore, it is quite likely that PS4 outsell Wii U around June and X1 outsell Wii U around August.

Your understanding of how this works is not as good as you think it is.

Sony has already begun producing even more PS4s per month than they were first planning to. These things are not set in stone. Targets are not there just to be met, companies try their damnest to exceed them.

How do you know they are producing more?

Would you mind give us a source?

Around the Network
kitler53 said:

i think you overestimate.   ps3 launched with a paltry 86k.   i would expect a better launch than ps3 but a 5.8:1 ratio is too big to me.   i'd guess more like 200k.

No way on 200k. It will at least match Wii Us launch at around 300-350k and im thinking pezus is banking on it beating it. Hence the 500k figure. 

Dark_Feanor said:

they need to produce enough ps4s for the ones they sell plus about 1.5mil on top of that to get stock on the shelves. If they dont produce more than expected then they wont meet demand till about june. Nintendo increased production on Wii and produced more than expected too. Its easily attainable. 

Max King of the Wild said:
Dark_Feanor said:

they need to produce enough ps4s for the ones they sell plus about 1.5mil on top of that to get stock on the shelves. If they dont produce more than expected then they wont meet demand till about june. Nintendo increased production on Wii and produced more than expected too. Its easily attainable. 

Well, "Needs to do" and  "Is doing" are very different thing. 

The first is a opinion based on VGChartz numbers, and the second is a thing that only Sony insider or the suply chain would know.

Any way, I don´t think the damand for the PS4 is that high, it´s out-sold every where but the prices at grey market and auction houses aren´t rising. 

The first wave of high demand and adoption is over. I can´t see they rising production when the first months of this year will be very slow.

How about telling us how much its gonna outsell the X1 aswell?

Oh.. ofc... cause the shock value is in running their mouth about Nintendo.

It tells me everything about how partial he is.

well gotta give him credit when credit is due. This time he said "probably" and not "will" lol. hedging his bets I see.