By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Will Probably Outsell Wii U by Spring Globally - Michael Pachter

Zero999 said:
DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:

“I am pretty sure the Wii U will still be ahead in March, but PS4 is going to pass it in 2014 at some point. PS4 will only be at 5-5.5 million by March, Wii U should be a hair ahead of that. Probably April or May,” said Pachter.

I thought this guy couldn't get more stupid. guess I was wrong.

Thanks for your opinion on someone elses console sales prediction Mr "10.2mil Wii Us sold by the end of 2013" and "22mil Wii Us sold by the end of 2014"

thank you for the useless thread derailment quote.

Oh, I'm sorry "I thought this guy couldn't get more stupid. guess I was wrong." is such a useful and valuable addition to this threads discussion.

Around the Network
eyeofcore said:
Max King of the Wild said:
eyeofcore said

Too bad it won't happen, I wish that was possible to make you happy yet that won't happen and you shiuld brace yourself when that doesn't happen because my heart won't be broken yet yours it will...I have three words for you; DO THE RESEARCH

What research? the research the Ps4 is outselling the Wii U while missing a major territory? The research that the Ps4 is selling as much as they can ship? Something the Wii U never did. What research? The research that Ps4 will have a more consistant software release schedule and more 3rd party supprt than the Wii U?

Failure... PlayStation 4 is outselling Wii U because it launched recently and Sony saved up enough stocks to meet the demand as much as possible and that is why they delayed PlayStation 4 launch in Japan, you would be getting the same number if PlayStation 4 was also launched in Japan on the same date as the world wide launch...

Now Sony is going to starve other regions and focus on Japan and try battle Nintendo on their turf/fortress...

So did the Wii U and it was sold out before launch also and your assumption that Wii U never did that is fallacy.

If PlayStation 4 sales drastically drop and sales of some 3rd party games fail then don't be surprised if some 3rd party developers also abandon the ship... Don't say it is impossible, it is possible... Specially if games flop on it. More 3rd party support does not mean more people buying the console, exclusives should be in the first place. First party titles... If first party titles are not good then people will have less reasons to buy the system.

People that currently buy PlayStation 4 are the hardcore Sony fans like hardcore Nintendo fans bought Wii U at launch.

people currently buying a ps4 are hardcore sony fans?

LOLOLOLOL.. no I doubt those videos we all saw of crowds destroying stores to get ahold of a ps4 were all hardcore sony fans, because a hardcore sony fan would have pre ordered the console..

and yes 3rd party support is the single most important thing for a console.. followed by 1st party support.. as 3rd party ip make up the majority of a consoles library..

mM
eyeofcore said:

1. Failure... PlayStation 4 is outselling Wii U because it launched recently and Sony saved up enough stocks to meet the demand as much as possible and that is why they delayed PlayStation 4 launch in Japan, you would be getting the same number if PlayStation 4 was also launched in Japan on the same date as the world wide launch...

2. Now Sony is going to starve other regions and focus on Japan and try battle Nintendo on their turf/fortress...

3. So did the Wii U and it was sold out before launch also and your assumption that Wii U never did that is fallacy.

4. If PlayStation 4 sales drastically drop and sales of some 3rd party games fail then don't be surprised if some 3rd party developers also abandon the ship... Don't say it is impossible, it is possible... Specially if games flop on it. More 3rd party support does not mean more people buying the console, exclusives should be in the first place. First party titles... If first party titles are not good then people will have less reasons to buy the system.

5. People that currently buy PlayStation 4 are the hardcore Sony fans like hardcore Nintendo fans bought Wii U at launch.

1. irrelevant.
2. what makes you think that Sony cant keep up with demand? thats just a stupid thing to say. They can and will produce enough to meet demand (just maybe not enough to fully replenish stock by the end of March) globally.
3. revisionist history. Wii U had a good launch. Interest dropped after that and Nintendo was able to resupply within the same week and never sold through that out after that. In Europe it never even sold out
4. utter nonsense
5. even if that were true Sony has about 4-5 times as many hardcore Nintendo fans... do the research. Thats enough to pass the Wii U by spring

eyeofcore said:
leo-j said:
You guys realize pachter predicted that the WII and nintendo would look like the winners of last gen.. for the majority of the gen, and then they would fall off because of hardware spec/end of fad and lower priced competitors with better games and better visuals.. like the ps3 would rebound he said..

Pachter said these things when they were obvious, literally in your face.

he said those things before the consoles launched, and people laughed at him..

pacther also predicted a WII HD upgrade as the wii started to lose steam.. what's the WII u?

mM

What a failure for the sony machine. It must have outsold at launch.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
vivster said:
Nem said:
How about telling us how much its gonna outsell the X1 aswell?

Oh.. ofc... cause the shock value is in running their mouth about Nintendo.

It tells me everything about how partial he is.

Another one who is incapable of reading an article.

"GamerFitNation suspected that the PS4 would outsell the Wii U by March, and we contacted Pachter, managing director of equity research for Wedbush Securities, for his opinion." 

He was asked for confirmation for a specific question. Why would he include the X1 in it?

Also this number isn't even knew. He just reitterated something he said a month ago.

Another one that doesnt undertand principles.

Do you really expect me to give more hits to such an article? I dont incentivate this type of knee jerk news. 

All you're telling me is the question was loaded. But Pachter wasnt shy to take the potshot.

Well, we don't even have the sales for the end of December yet, and that is probably going to be a huge factor. Japan's launch will be too, I don't know exactly what will happen, we'll just have to wait and see.

pezus said:
Zero999 said:

“I am pretty sure the Wii U will still be ahead in March, but PS4 is going to pass it in 2014 at some point. PS4 will only be at 5-5.5 million by March, Wii U should be a hair ahead of that. Probably April or May,” said Pachter.

You're one to talk about predictions...

you? really?

Rafux said:
Zero999 said:
DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:

Thanks for your opinion on someone elses console sales prediction Mr "10.2mil Wii Us sold by the end of 2013" and "22mil Wii Us sold by the end of 2014"

thank you for the useless thread derailment quote.

Its completely fair that he call you out on your terrible predictions like when you said that PS4/X1 won't sell because Wii U wasn't selling.

I never said ps4k/xone won't sell because wii u wasn't selling, thanks for the lie. ps4k/xone won't sell after holidays  because they don't have what it takes to do it (price and games).

if it won't outsell it in march, there's no way it'll outsell it in April/May, Mario Kart 8 will release around that time.