By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Will Probably Outsell Wii U by Spring Globally - Michael Pachter

Dark_Feanor said:
pezus said:
Dark_Feanor said:
pezus said:

Wow, how your attitude towards VGChartz numbers has changed since last week's numbers

For me it didn´t changed a bit. 

I never claimed they are more than 20% accurated. And I have very little clue on how they get their weekly sales so "precise". How can I trust them?  The rest of the world numbers bug my for years. 

Of cource, when the companies release their press statements with "1 milion day one", or '2 milion' or the quartely reports or NPD VGChartz does a great job adjusting past weeks.

And for you, has itchanged?

Well, you were claiming a 2k launch in the "others" countries. You didn't distrust the numbers back then, despite that seeming very unrealistic.

My opinion hasn't changed, of course.

I think it was 20k before it was unrealistic (in my opinion) rised to 100k. The reasons I think rest of the world sales for PS4 are overtracked are in are on other threads.

However, USA situation and EU´s are reasenable to me, even if the numbers are not that high.

It´s still wierd to me Sony not annunciate "a fenomenal hollydays for PS4 with more than 3,5 units sold WW. The biggest console launch in history, breacking all records and market forcasts!"

Or are their quartely financial report early this month?

Dont expect financials out till next month and then expect an announcementafter Japans launch. Why waste money continuously updating numbers nobody gives a shit about?

Around the Network
pezus said:
eyeofcore said:
Pachter... Please patch yourself, your firmware is outdated. Drone...

Anyway...

It won't happen, there is no chance of PlayStation 4 outselling Wii U in Spring and I can only see Wii U being outsold by PlayStation 4 is Q4 2014 when it gets its pace back up after this sharp fall/crash of Xbox One and PlayStation 4 have right now as holidays ended while they are now feeling game drought that will start in Q1 and ends when Q2 starts...

You can't be serious. Come on, now. You're just begging to be re-quoted in a few months.

There is no game drought in Q1...plenty of games, because, unlike on Nintendo consoles, 3rd party games actually help Sony and MS consoles sell.

And you're forgetting that PS4 is STILL supply constrained, and we're already in January. I see no reason why it would suddenly stop being supply constrained tomorrow and stay that way.

I am serious and I will be requoted in few months after people see I was correct...

There is... You are just ignoring it, look at the list at wikipedia and see all the games that you can get on 7th generation platform then those that are already released on other platforms and you have games that are also going to be on Wii U. PlayStation 4 will have a decent amount of heavy hitters... I can give you that.

I love this last part of yours like you don't grasp the concept of time... All of those "Out Of Stock's" were from before end of the year... Don't jump to conclusion and think logically, wait and see if literally ever store will be out of stock as in November/December and that those stocks are sold out very quickly...

You see no reason because you don't want to see the reason... Its simple as that...

eyeofcore said:
pezus said:
eyeofcore said:

Anyway...

It won't happen, there is no chance of PlayStation 4 outselling Wii U in Spring and I can only see Wii U being outsold by PlayStation 4 is Q4 2014 when it gets its pace back up after this sharp fall/crash of Xbox One and PlayStation 4 have right now as holidays ended while they are now feeling game drought that will start in Q1 and ends when Q2 starts...

You can't be serious. Come on, now. You're just begging to be re-quoted in a few months.

There is no game drought in Q1...plenty of games, because, unlike on Nintendo consoles, 3rd party games actually help Sony and MS consoles sell.

And you're forgetting that PS4 is STILL supply constrained, and we're already in January. I see no reason why it would suddenly stop being supply constrained tomorrow and stay that way.

I am serious and I will be requoted in few months after people see I was correct...

There is... You are just ignoring it, look at the list at wikipedia and see all the games that you can get on 7th generation platform then those that are already released on other platforms and you have games that are also going to be on Wii U. PlayStation 4 will have a decent amount of heavy hitters... I can give you that.

I love this last part of yours like you don't grasp the concept of time... All of those "Out Of Stock's" were from before end of the year... Don't jump to conclusion and think logically, wait and see if literally ever store will be out of stock as in November/December and that those stocks are sold out very quickly...

You see no reason because you don't want to see the reason... Its simple as that...

Ps4 will outsell Wii U by the end of the spring. Better brace yourself now for the news so you dont get heart broken when it happens

DerNebel said:
eyeofcore said:
DerNebel said:

The PS4 had a sharp fall/crash? You might wanna back such a statement up, sure consoles will be down in january, but I still have yet to see one PS4 in a store and according to this site, it's sold out in the US as well, so I'd say sales are still pretty damn good for it.

It sounds like you are confused? Can't compute the logic?

You might want to back your own statements and your own logic that is flawed... It seems you think that PlayStation 4 can keep up the launch pace which is impossible as it crashed now since most consumers bought gifts and/or spent money on something else. You must be delusional if you think it can keep the pace...

PlayStation 4 in JJapan won't have as good as world wide launch, Japanese people spent already their money on 3DS'es and Wii U's and February mos tof them spent their saving/money. It will have some hard time with Wii U that has an enstablished presence, library of games and services like Bandai channel and other things. PlayStation 4 does not have a hell of a lot games that are appealing to eastern/japanese audience.

Read what I wrote, I never said it would continue to do launch numbers, in fact I clearly stated that sales in January will be down.

Also I did back my point up, I linked a site that clearly shows that the PS4 is still mostly sold out, so I'd like to ask you again, please back up that "sharp fall/crash the PS4 is having right now" statement.

You stated that it will be down in January yet you said it will outsold Wii U in Spring which negates that statement for various logical reasons...

Nope... You back up yours because you didn't in the first place, only gave me a link that shows stocks from 2013 being sold out and not 2014 also it seems does not work properly as Amazon still has PlayStation 4's... Anyway Wii U was sold out at launch and it dropped so I don't see why it would't happen with PlayStation 4 also, February launch of PlayStation 4 in Japan will make PlayStation 4 sales look "good" in world wide sales...

Anyway why are we arguing... The race will begin once the senseless hype dies out... Like it did with Wii U.

Max King of the Wild said:
eyeofcore said:
pezus said:
eyeofcore said:

Anyway...

Ps4 will outsell Wii U by the end of the spring. Better brace yourself now for the news so you dont get heart broken when it happens

Too bad it won't happen, I wish that was possible to make you happy yet that won't happen and you shiuld brace yourself when that doesn't happen because my heart won't be broken yet yours it will...I have three words for you; DO THE RESEARCH

Around the Network
eyeofcore said:
DerNebel said:
eyeofcore said:
DerNebel said:

The PS4 had a sharp fall/crash? You might wanna back such a statement up, sure consoles will be down in january, but I still have yet to see one PS4 in a store and according to this site, it's sold out in the US as well, so I'd say sales are still pretty damn good for it.

It sounds like you are confused? Can't compute the logic?

You might want to back your own statements and your own logic that is flawed... It seems you think that PlayStation 4 can keep up the launch pace which is impossible as it crashed now since most consumers bought gifts and/or spent money on something else. You must be delusional if you think it can keep the pace...

PlayStation 4 in JJapan won't have as good as world wide launch, Japanese people spent already their money on 3DS'es and Wii U's and February mos tof them spent their saving/money. It will have some hard time with Wii U that has an enstablished presence, library of games and services like Bandai channel and other things. PlayStation 4 does not have a hell of a lot games that are appealing to eastern/japanese audience.

Read what I wrote, I never said it would continue to do launch numbers, in fact I clearly stated that sales in January will be down.

Also I did back my point up, I linked a site that clearly shows that the PS4 is still mostly sold out, so I'd like to ask you again, please back up that "sharp fall/crash the PS4 is having right now" statement.

You stated that it will be down in January yet you said it will outsold Wii U in Spring which negates that statement for various logical reasons...

Nope... You back up yours because you didn't in the first place, only gave me a link that shows stocks from 2013 being sold out and not 2014 also it seems does not work properly as Amazon still has PlayStation 4's... Anyway Wii U was sold out at launch and it dropped so I don't see why it would't happen with PlayStation 4 also, February launch of PlayStation 4 in Japan will make PlayStation 4 sales look "good" in world wide sales...

Anyway why are we arguing... The race will begin once the senseless hype dies out... Like it did with Wii U.

amazon doesnt have any ps4s.

eyeofcore said

Too bad it won't happen, I wish that was possible to make you happy yet that won't happen and you shiuld brace yourself when that doesn't happen because my heart won't be broken yet yours it will...I have three words for you; DO THE RESEARCH

What research? the research the Ps4 is outselling the Wii U while missing a major territory? The research that the Ps4 is selling as much as they can ship? Something the Wii U never did. What research? The research that Ps4 will have a more consistant software release schedule and more 3rd party supprt than the Wii U?

I guess that's why he says that it will not happen. Sony will be too supply constraint in spring to beat the WiiU^^

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

If we assume VGC is right in Ps4 being 1.6mil behind then that means PS4 only needs to outsell the Wii U by 60k on a weekly basis to catch up by end of Spring. I'm confident that is attainable. After all, 60k more than 0k is just 60k

eyeofcore said:
Max King of the Wild said:
eyeofcore said:
pezus said:
eyeofcore said:

Anyway...

You do realize that you don't buy a console just for his launch titles right? you also buy it for the promise of great content for years and Playstation has always deliver in that front, third parties are very very strong with PS4/X1.