By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Will Probably Outsell Wii U by Spring Globally - Michael Pachter

Nem said:
How about telling us how much its gonna outsell the X1 aswell?

Oh.. ofc... cause the shock value is in running their mouth about Nintendo.

It tells me everything about how partial he is.

Another one who is incapable of reading an article.

"GamerFitNation suspected that the PS4 would outsell the Wii U by March, and we contacted Pachter, managing director of equity research for Wedbush Securities, for his opinion." 

He was asked for confirmation for a specific question. Why would he include the X1 in it?

Also this number isn't even knew. He just reitterated something he said a month ago.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
eyeofcore said:
Pachter... Please patch yourself, your firmware is outdated. Drone...

Anyway...

It won't happen, there is no chance of PlayStation 4 outselling Wii U in Spring and I can only see Wii U being outsold by PlayStation 4 is Q4 2014 when it gets its pace back up after this sharp fall/crash of Xbox One and PlayStation 4 have right now as holidays ended while they are now feeling game drought that will start in Q1 and ends when Q2 starts...

The PS4 had a sharp fall/crash? You might wanna back such a statement up, sure consoles will be down in january, but I still have yet to see one PS4 in a store and according to this site, it's sold out in the US as well, so I'd say sales are still pretty damn good for it.

It sounds like you are confused? Can't compute the logic?

You might want to back your own statements and your own logic that is flawed... It seems you think that PlayStation 4 can keep up the launch pace which is impossible as it crashed now since most consumers bought gifts and/or spent money on something else. You must be delusional if you think it can keep the pace...

PlayStation 4 in JJapan won't have as good as world wide launch, Japanese people spent already their money on 3DS'es and Wii U's and February mos tof them spent their saving/money. It will have some hard time with Wii U that has an enstablished presence, library of games and services like Bandai channel and other things. PlayStation 4 does not have a hell of a lot games that are appealing to eastern/japanese audience.

“I am pretty sure the Wii U will still be ahead in March, but PS4 is going to pass it in 2014 at some point. PS4 will only be at 5-5.5 million by March, Wii U should be a hair ahead of that. Probably April or May,” said Pachter.

I thought this guy couldn't get more stupid. guess I was wrong.

Zero999 said:

“I am pretty sure the Wii U will still be ahead in March, but PS4 is going to pass it in 2014 at some point. PS4 will only be at 5-5.5 million by March, Wii U should be a hair ahead of that. Probably April or May,” said Pachter.

Thanks for your opinion on someone elses console sales prediction Mr "10.2mil Wii Us sold by the end of 2013" and "22mil Wii Us sold by the end of 2014"

DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:

Thanks for your opinion on someone elses console sales prediction Mr "10.2mil Wii Us sold by the end of 2013" and "22mil Wii Us sold by the end of 2014"

exactly

Around the Network

It will happen in 2014, when? I don't care when as long as it's this year.

eyeofcore said:
DerNebel said:

The PS4 had a sharp fall/crash? You might wanna back such a statement up, sure consoles will be down in january, but I still have yet to see one PS4 in a store and according to this site, it's sold out in the US as well, so I'd say sales are still pretty damn good for it.

It sounds like you are confused? Can't compute the logic?

You might want to back your own statements and your own logic that is flawed... It seems you think that PlayStation 4 can keep up the launch pace which is impossible as it crashed now since most consumers bought gifts and/or spent money on something else. You must be delusional if you think it can keep the pace...

PlayStation 4 in JJapan won't have as good as world wide launch, Japanese people spent already their money on 3DS'es and Wii U's and February mos tof them spent their saving/money. It will have some hard time with Wii U that has an enstablished presence, library of games and services like Bandai channel and other things. PlayStation 4 does not have a hell of a lot games that are appealing to eastern/japanese audience.

Read what I wrote, I never said it would continue to do launch numbers, in fact I clearly stated that sales in January will be down.

Also I did back my point up, I linked a site that clearly shows that the PS4 is still mostly sold out, so I'd like to ask you again, please back up that "sharp fall/crash the PS4 is having right now" statement.

It's true. Sony expects to sell 5 million by March 31, 2014. Nintendo said 5.5 million, but only sold 3.2 million. Sony lowered their goal to make sure. But PS4 laumches in Japan on Feb, so it'll probably do 6 million. Not sure about Microsoft though. 

yes if we, like him (pachter) dont count all the must have games (system sellers) that are coming this year for the nintendo WiiU... yeah it looks that way. usually the things pachter says tends to have the opposite efect, so be warned sony fans LOL

34 years playing games.

pezus said:
Dark_Feanor said:
pezus said:

Wow, how your attitude towards VGChartz numbers has changed since last week's numbers

For me it didn´t changed a bit. 

I never claimed they are more than 20% accurated. And I have very little clue on how they get their weekly sales so "precise". How can I trust them?  The rest of the world numbers bug my for years. 

Of cource, when the companies release their press statements with "1 milion day one", or '2 milion' or the quartely reports or NPD VGChartz does a great job adjusting past weeks.

And for you, has itchanged?

Well, you were claiming a 2k launch in the "others" countries. You didn't distrust the numbers back then, despite that seeming very unrealistic.

My opinion hasn't changed, of course.

I think it was 20k before it was unrealistic (in my opinion) rised to 100k. The reasons I think rest of the world sales for PS4 are overtracked are in are on other threads.

However, USA situation and EU´s are reasenable to me, even if the numbers are not that high.

It´s still wierd to me Sony not annunciate "a fenomenal hollydays for PS4 with more than 3,5 units sold WW. The biggest console launch in history, breacking all records and market forcasts!"

Or are their quartely financial report early this month?