By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why does it matter if Wii U games dont look as good as others?

graphics matter, look how the almighty dudebro ps3 and 360 outsold the Wii.

Or most recently, how the NGP "Next Gen Portable" with all its next genness, is outselling the 3DS.

It matters so much, you wouldn't believe. That's why nobody plays iphone and android games also.

Around the Network

xenoblade (on wii, not tried on dolphin) was breath taken for me.

toot1231 said:
Captain_Tom said:
toot1231 said:
Captain_Tom said:
toot1231 said:
Mario 3d world best looking game this gen thus far.

Hahahahahhahaha!  Thanks for that one!

you've obviously not played it.

I have. and you have obviously not played Killzone: Shadowfall.  If you have...IDK I guess people do just see what they want to see.

I have a Ps4. I think CoD Ghost looks better than Killzone tbh

^Not gonna be taken seriously from this point forward...

Why would I rather play Final Fantasy 4 Complete Collection rather than Final Fantasy 4?  Why would I rather play Super Mario All Stars rather than any of the games included in their original form?  Dem graphics.

Unless the gameplay to a graphically inferior version is better, I'd rather have better graphics than worse.  Final Fantasy 4 DS graphics though?  Not better.  The graphics actually make me not like playing it despite enjoying the new gameplay features and balancing.  Graphics look like crap, zoomed way too far in, I'm constantly looking at the map on the bottom screen instead of the top screen.  The graphics make the game far worse.

Nintendo fans will always claim that art style is more important than graphics (they determine what's important btw) and that their games have better art purely because it suits them. Unlike graphics art is entirely subjective to boot. "Wii games look better to me", well good for you buddy.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
FrancisNobleman said:
graphics matter, look how the almighty dudebro ps3 and 360 outsold the Wii.

Or most recently, how the NGP "Next Gen Portable" with all its next genness, is outselling the 3DS.

It matters so much, you wouldn't believe. That's why nobody plays iphone and android games also.

Conveniently ignoring that the dudebro systems have outsold the Wii when combined. Have a larger market share combined. Sell more third part games combined . Will/have a longer life than the Wii. And still have games being released for them for at least another 2 years. Oh and the PS3 is just 20 million units behind despite its terrible launch price and early years. If graphics are all that matter to Sony and MS fans then sales ar all that matter to Nintendo fans apparently. Nice try buddy

SubiyaCryolite said:
Nintendo fans will always claim that art style is more important than graphics (they determine what's important btw) and that their games have better art purely because it suits them. Unlike graphics art is entirely subjective to boot. "Wii games look better to me", well good for you buddy.

(A) You're saying people shouldn't be allowed to define their own personal standards?

(B) Who said that? Nice strawman.

Just watched the video "What the f#@k are you Nintendofags celebrating". "F@#king fags I dont even like the XBox One". I couldnt stop laughing, he has a point about those/last week sales. When he starts mentioning March games I just had to smh. Nintendo games aside theres nothing on the system next year, but 3rd part games are garbage to that crowd anyway sooo.

curl-6 said:
SubiyaCryolite said:

(A) You're saying people shouldn't be allowed to define their own personal standards?

(B) Who said that? Nice strawman.

(A) Arent you the same people who say graphics dont matter whenever people enjoy them on other platforms?

(B) Ive already seen claims that Mario 3D Land is the best looking 8th gen game on THIS thread. Ive seen people claiming that Wii games looked better to them in THIS thread.

TheGhosts said:

Please don't get me wrong, i really appreciate good graphics too ;) But i believe that other things like innovation and the overall game experience is more important than awesome graphics!!!

Of course, there is no way to innovate and be pretty at the same time