By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why does it matter if Wii U games dont look as good as others?

Aw bollocks, forgot to add Wind Waker HD to that list too. And then you've got plenty of indie titles too such as Nano Assault Neo, Mighty Switch Force HD, Trine 2 (although to be fair the latter is in 1080p native for the PS4 instead of 720p native for the Wii U) and Little Inferno.

Around the Network

Because Sony and Microsoft fanboys want to feel "superior" to Nintendo ones in some shape or form, so graphics is the only clear cut thing that they have over Nintendo. Add the "dude bros" who like to play madden, COD, etc. as well. Kind of sad really.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

LiquorandGunFun said:
Watchdogs will be the better test. It will be on ps4, xbo, and wiiu.

Also, OP its hard to compare games like Mario to Uncharted when its entirely different, its easy to make good looking cartoons without needing to worry about textures and realism.

Once digital foundry does their comparison and if it doesent beat the 7th gen itll be quickly dismissed as a lazy port. Lower framerate has nothing to do with a lower spec CPU, lower bandwith RAM or a non cacheable flash Hard Drive but its all down to "laziness".

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

SubiyaCryolite said:
LiquorandGunFun said:
Watchdogs will be the better test. It will be on ps4, xbo, and wiiu.

Also, OP its hard to compare games like Mario to Uncharted when its entirely different, its easy to make good looking cartoons without needing to worry about textures and realism.

Once digital foundry does their comparison and if it doesent beat the 7th gen itll be quickly dismissed as a lazy port. Lower framerate has nothing to do with a lower spec CPU, lower bandwith RAM or a non cacheable flash Hard Drive but its all down to "laziness".

The Wii U version of Watch_Dogs has been handed down to Ubisoft Romania, so Nintendo fans don't even need that kind of ammunition.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Zelhawks37 said:
Because Sony and Microsoft fanboys want to feel "superior" to Nintendo ones in some shape or form, so graphics is the only clear cut thing that they have over Nintendo. Add the "dude bros" who like to play madden, COD, etc. as well. Kind of sad really.

Another stupid generalization.  This seems to be the current go-to line that Nintendo fangirls use to feel "superior".

It's all about the game.

Around the Network
Zelhawks37 said:

A quick look at Metacritic shows that for all Wii releases, the number of games rated 80+ ends half way down the first page. On the 360 side, the page ends at 84 and goes on on the next page. PS3 ends at 87 on the 1st page and ends at 84 on the SECOND page. You guys must really live in alternate dimension or something. If you think better graphics is the only thing the PS3, 360, X1 or PS4 have/will offer over the Wii or Wii U you are simply living in denial.

lilwingman said:
Zelhawks37 said:

Another stupid generalization.  This seems to be the current go-to line that Nintendo fangirls use to feel "superior".

You know its the truth. Notice I said "Add" and not "All". Also, you seem to generalize Nintendo fans with that statement yourself.

SubiyaCryolite said:
Zelhawks37 said:

A quick look at Metacritic shows that for all Wii releases, the number of games rated 80+ ends half way down the first page. On the 360 side, the page ends at 84 and goes on on the next page. PS3 ends at 87 on the 1st page and ends at 84 on the SECOND page. You guys must really live in alternate dimension or something. If you think better graphics is the only thing the PS3, 360, X1 or PS4 have/will offer over the Wii or Wii U you are simply living in denial.

Remember, I said "fanboys", not fans. Just like I am a Nintendo "fan", doesn't mean I buy just Nintendo, as you can see from the games I am currently playing. In a Sony fan's mindset, sure, there are plenty of games on the PS3 that are awesome and I agree, seeing as how I want one myself. Just saying graphics aren't everything as per the topic.

Here's the thread I was referring to on the last page:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=716795

Not sure if that's going to be clickable or not but I'm posting on my mobile that has a nervous breakdown when not posting via the Quick Reply option.

The games I mentioned before certainly don't look out of place when in the same place as screenshots from PS4 and One games.

Zelhawks37 said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Zelhawks37 said:

Remember, I said "fanboys", not fans. Just like I am a Nintendo "fan", doesn't mean I buy just Nintendo, as you can see from the games I am currently playing. In a Sony fan's mindset, sure, there are plenty of games on the PS3 that are awesome and I agree, seeing as how I want one myself. Just saying graphics aren't everything as per the topic.

"Just saying graphics aren't everything as per the topic." I see, I have no problem with this. "so graphics is the only clear cut thing that they have over Nintendo" I have a problem with that notion. Certain Nintendo fans believe graphics alone are all that these systems have to offer which is clearly false, based on the sheer number of good quality games available on their predecessors in comparison to the Wii. The notion that emphasis on good graphics, indepth themes or storys, physics, scale or general technology somehow reduces a games gameplay, fun or quality is equally wrong.