By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why does it matter if Wii U games dont look as good as others?

sales2099 said:
Chances are these people are double agents and play Xbox and PS.

REAL Nintendo fans stopped liking cutting edge graphics since the year 2001.

more like about 2005 when RE4 was released

Around the Network
supernihilist said:
sales2099 said:
Chances are these people are double agents and play Xbox and PS.

REAL Nintendo fans stopped liking cutting edge graphics since the year 2001.

more like about 2005 when RE4 was released

Was citing the Xbox 1 being the best graphically speaking of that generation, but sure that works too.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Kane1389 said:
curl-6 said:
hinch said:
curl-6 said:

Brawl: Horribly twitchy, floaty controls/physics.

MGS 4: Too much focus on story, not enough on gameplay.

GTA4: Tedious.

Heavy Rain: Glorified straight-to-DVD movie.

Yeah well, the general consensus says no. They are quality titles that people enjoyed and got deservedly got praised for.

Also, not sure what "Glorified straight-to-DVD movie" is supposed to mean. It plays like a point and click adventure game and was well received among the gaming community and media press.

I do not care what the gaming community or the media say. I am capable of thinking for myself and forming my own opinions. :)

Thats great, but quality isnt subjective, and the games you listed there are all quality games, despite you not liking them.

You dont really need metacritic to tell you PS3 has a better library than the Wii. I mean, its rather obvious when having little to no 3rd party support  

Game quality is subjective. There is no objective, quantifiable measure of it.

And lesser third party support is less of a setback since Nintendo makes better games than any third party anyway.

curl-6 said:
Kane1389 said:
curl-6 said:
hinch said:
curl-6 said:

Brawl: Horribly twitchy, floaty controls/physics.

MGS 4: Too much focus on story, not enough on gameplay.

GTA4: Tedious.

Heavy Rain: Glorified straight-to-DVD movie.

Yeah well, the general consensus says no. They are quality titles that people enjoyed and got deservedly got praised for.

Also, not sure what "Glorified straight-to-DVD movie" is supposed to mean. It plays like a point and click adventure game and was well received among the gaming community and media press.

I do not care what the gaming community or the media say. I am capable of thinking for myself and forming my own opinions. :)

Thats great, but quality isnt subjective, and the games you listed there are all quality games, despite you not liking them.

You dont really need metacritic to tell you PS3 has a better library than the Wii. I mean, its rather obvious when having little to no 3rd party support  

Game quality is subjective. There is no objective, quantifiable measure of it.

And lesser third party support is less of a setback since Nintendo makes better games than any third party anyway.

No it isnt. I can not like a certain game (like Gran Turismo, which i find boring) but i cant deny its a quality racing game that for the most part succeeds in its purpose.

Be that as a may, it doesnt change the fact that 80% of good games this generation in general were 3rd party games, and Wii was severly lacking most of them

Kane1389 said:
Rogerioandrade said:
Kane1389 said:
MohammadBadir said:
Kane1389 said:
Cheebee said:
If graphics mattered, N64 would have demolished PS1; GameCube & Xbox would've trounced PS2; PSP would have eaten DS alive; Wii would've been destroyed by PS360, and Vita would rule supreme over 3DS. Also, Nintendo would never have released another handheld after the original GameBoy.

And PS4 would have..oh wait!

outsold the 3DS, but that ain't happening either

Supply issues, without Japan.  But of course you already know that. For what it's worth, its tracking above 3DS and will probably outsell it LTD , since 3DS already peaked

It just won´t, because Japan don´t care about home consoles anymore and the launch hype has already passed.

It will add 50-70k of sales per week, and Japan accounted for less than 20% of any PlayStation's LTD sales, so it wont matter much in the long run

Actually those would be great numbers for the Japanese market, as it is now. Still lower than 3DS or Vita, anyway. In a normal week 3DS tracks about 100k

Around the Network

It mattered 10 years ago. It really doesn't matter now - but people are so used to it mattering that they think it still matters.

Kane1389 said:

No it isnt. I can not like a certain game (like Gran Turismo, which i find boring) but i cant deny its a quality racing game that for the most part succeeds in its purpose.

Be that as a may, it doesnt change the fact that 80% of good games this generation in general were 3rd party games, and Wii was severly lacking most of them

Maybe you can't, but I can.

Game quality is dependent on an individual's perception of it. There is no one set of qualities that absolutely everyone can agree on. That's why there is no game that is universally loved.

The Wii may indeed have missed out on some good games, (I'm a fan of Bioshock, Bayontta, and Mass Effect myself, but that's why  own a 360) but it had the lion's share of the great ones thanks to its first party gems.