By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why does it matter if Wii U games dont look as good as others?

Captain_Tom said:
toot1231 said:
Captain_Tom said:
toot1231 said:
Captain_Tom said:
toot1231 said:
Mario 3d world best looking game this gen thus far.

Hahahahahhahaha!  Thanks for that one!

you've obviously not played it.

I have. and you have obviously not played Killzone: Shadowfall.  If you have...IDK I guess people do just see what they want to see.

I have a Ps4. I think CoD Ghost looks better than Killzone tbh

^Not gonna be taken seriously from this point forward...

Killzone lacks filtering, its just got really pretty backgrounds.

Like Bayonetta 2.

Around the Network
SubiyaCryolite said:
Nintendo fans will always claim that art style is more important than graphics (they determine what's important btw) and that their games have better art purely because it suits them. Unlike graphics art is entirely subjective to boot. "Wii games look better to me", well good for you buddy.

Technology is a tool one uses to do their job.

You're not making a game to be all about the tech.

You use the tech to make a game.

Its called questioning if people have their priorities straight

SubiyaCryolite said:
mysteryman said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
FrancisNobleman said:
graphics matter, look how the almighty dudebro ps3 and 360 outsold the Wii.

Or most recently, how the NGP "Next Gen Portable" with all its next genness, is outselling the 3DS.

It matters so much, you wouldn't believe. That's why nobody plays iphone and android games also.

Conveniently ignoring that the dudebro systems have outsold the Wii when combined. Have a larger market share combined. Sell more third part games combined . Will/have a longer life than the Wii. And still have games being released for them for at least another 2 years. Oh and the PS3 is just 20 million units behind despite its terrible launch price and early years. If graphics are all that matter to Sony and MS fans then sales ar all that matter to Nintendo fans apparently. Nice try buddy

lol @ bolded. Just 20 million.

Wasn't it the MS and Sony fans that sales mattered to? Hence Nintendo fans using Wii sales to trip them up.

Its not like the Wii has outsold the PS3 2:1 or or anything, its about 20% ahead, 20%. The XBox has about 10% of the GameCube was it not? You dont see any "Ha! the XBox completely outsold the GameCube" comments now do you?

Wii is the fastest selling console of all time. It was out of stock for a good 3 years.

Then NIntendo stopped  making software for it, took out features and then tossed the WiiU out. Things happened a long the way and they fumbled the ball the wii was carrying

curl-6 said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
curl-6 said:

I've never brought up Knack, Shadow Fall, or 3D World's Metascores to bolster a claim about their quality. Reviews are just opinions. I can form my own, thanks.

As can others, on Metacritic XD

Yes, and I don't need my opinion validated by the opinions of others.

My opinions are usually plus or minus 5% of metacritic. I  find this true for virtually all of my PSone, PS2, PC and WiiU games. Even long before I knew it existed its in line with how I feel about games. Logically, based on pure math and averages, it represents most peoples opinions which can't be dismissed so easily unless you just twist things to your liking.

Good games get good averages. Mixed games get mixed averages.  Bad games get bad averages. What does that have to do with "Validation"?

Unless you can give me an example of one good  game according to your opinion that got terribly shafted on Metacritic I can't take your position seriously.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Kane1389 said:
Cheebee said:
If graphics mattered, N64 would have demolished PS1; GameCube & Xbox would've trounced PS2; PSP would have eaten DS alive; Wii would've been destroyed by PS360, and Vita would rule supreme over 3DS. Also, Nintendo would never have released another handheld after the original GameBoy.

And PS4 would have..oh wait!

outsold the 3DS, but that ain't happening either

Around the Network
biglittlesps said:
Viltgance said:
Pikmin 3 and mario3d worlds visuals are stunning to say the least and it will prolly be a long time b4 sony or ms has anything half as fun as those games.

They are fun and looking great but not anything like new experience we haven't played before. New generation should bring something new in gameplay and IP's but Nintendo is still depending on Platformers and their old IP's for success mostly.

what "new expriences" did Sony/MS bring in recent times? TLOU is a third person shoother, not a new exprience, Halo is an FPS, not a new exprience, Killzone is another FPS, not a new exprience, Knack is a standard platformer, not a new exprience... etc

SubiyaCryolite said:
curl-6 said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
curl-6 said:

I've never brought up Knack, Shadow Fall, or 3D World's Metascores to bolster a claim about their quality. Reviews are just opinions. I can form my own, thanks.

My opinions are usually plus or minus 5% of metacritic. I  find this true for virtually all of my PSone, PS2, PC and WiiU games. Even long before I knew it existed its in line with how I feel about games. Logically, based on pure math and averages, it represents most peoples opinions which can't be dismissed so easily unless you just twist things to your liking.

Good games get good averages. Mixed games get mixed averages.  Bad games get bad averages. What does that have to do with "Validation"?

Unless you can give me an example of one good  game according to your opinion that got terribly shafted on Metacritic I can't take your position seriously.

So you like what is popular. Good for you.

I don't care if the opinion of one person or a thousand, it's still just opinions, not any kind of absolute truth.

Twilight and Justin Beiber are popular, after all.

MohammadBadir said:
Kane1389 said:
Cheebee said:
If graphics mattered, N64 would have demolished PS1; GameCube & Xbox would've trounced PS2; PSP would have eaten DS alive; Wii would've been destroyed by PS360, and Vita would rule supreme over 3DS. Also, Nintendo would never have released another handheld after the original GameBoy.

And PS4 would have..oh wait!

outsold the 3DS, but that ain't happening either

Supply issues, without Japan.  But of course you already know that. For what it's worth, its tracking above 3DS and will probably outsell it LTD , since 3DS already peaked

curl-6 said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
curl-6 said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
curl-6 said:

So you like what is popular. Good for you.

I don't care if the opinion of one person or a thousand, it's still just opinions, not any kind of absolute truth.

Twilight and Justin Beiber are popular, after all.

Feel free to take a look at Twilight and Biebers albums on metcritic Mister (hint, neither are good). Denial is not just  river in Egypt

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

It matters?

Maybe for graphic whores, yes, it matters.
True gamers won´t care much, they prefer gameplay and art style over graphics.

Those graphic whores should just skip playing videogames and going to the movies instead, graphics can´t be better than real life recordings