By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why does it matter if Wii U games dont look as good as others?

toot1231 said:
Mario 3d world best looking game this gen thus far.

Hahahahahhahaha!  Thanks for that one!

Around the Network
Locknuts said:
I think we've finally reach a point where more TFLOPS does not mean better games or even the potential for better games necessarily. When I see gameplay mechanics which are simply not possible without the power of the PS4 or X1 then I'll change my mind. Until then I'll continue to think the Wii U, when used properly, can deliver an experience at least as good as anything available on PS4 or X1.

This.... Especially when PS4/Xbone games are still struggling with native 1080p

Captain_Tom said:
toot1231 said:

you've obviously not played it.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

I really wished Nintendo would push graphics onto Mario and the rest of their mascots.

The Wii was way behind the PS360 graphically, yet I found it to have better games, and have plenty of beautiful ones too, like Muramasa, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and Mario Galaxy. Specs aren't everything.

Around the Network
toot1231 said:
Captain_Tom said:
toot1231 said:

I have. and you have obviously not played Killzone: Shadowfall.  If you have...IDK I guess people do just see what they want to see.

it matters because wii u its kinda expensive you know... I mean, imo wii u could be a lot better console without the gamepad bundle (even with the same features) for a better price.

existenz2 said:

People pay a lot of money over time for both the console and the games. Quality for the money is important.

These days most people have 1080p TVs and expect that too.

Finally you are comparing WiiU (current gen) titles to PS3 titles like uncharted 2 when PS3 is now last gen!

You can pick up a PS3 for around £120 now and have fabulous first part titles of top quality and hugely varied content and  great enjoyment.

For the WIIU it is a lot more expensive and the content is much more constrained and in a lot of cases worse in quality.

These are the reasons it matters.

Finally, people are seeing much better value from Sonys proposition than WiiU and hence PS4 is already outselling WiiU lifetime in some territories.

Nintendo dropped the ball completely with WiiU and they need to bring out something new, The 3DS single handledly is keeping them in the gaming business.

Agree with a lot of you post but the last statement is not true.  Nintendo has had bombs before, and they have money in the bank.  On top of that, I wouldn't be surprised if the Wii U is still making them money after one game sold.  Money made, although not as much as they would have liked, is still money made.

Better than being in the red ala Sony for many years.  Nintendo's business model has been great at making money for a while now, which is why they are still around.

Captain_Tom said:
toot1231 said:
Captain_Tom said:
toot1231 said:

I have. and you have obviously not played Killzone: Shadowfall.  If you have...IDK I guess people do just see what they want to see.

I have a Ps4. I think CoD Ghost looks better than Killzone tbh

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
toot1231 said:
Captain_Tom said:
toot1231 said:
Captain_Tom said:
toot1231 said:

What in the blue hell?

I have a Ps4. I think CoD Ghost looks better than Killzone tbh