By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Worst 7th Gen Game?

Guys, guys, guys. The worst game of the last gen was EASILY the game for Real Steel.

The reason I say this is because there is sooo much potential to a robot boxing game where you get to customize your robot and fight your friends. Soooo much potential. 100% of that potential is lost on this "game" that really amounts to little more than a sad money grab.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Coming from a big fan of XIII and a long ass time FF fan.

Nintentacle said:

Okay, since 7th gen's practically over, what's the worst game of the gen? 

Don't include obvious choices like Sonic 06 though.

Ride to Hell Retribution. It's the most offensive, lame, horrible game I've played in my entire life. 

Call of Duty BLOPS: Declassified.

There are other ridiculously bad games that I've played but this one really took the cake for me.

I have heard that Amy and Ride to Hell are meant to be worst of this gen and metacritic seems to agree.

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

aryu said:

As a Vita game, isn't that 8th gen?

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
aryu said:

As a Vita game, isn't that 8th gen?

Woops, guess you are correct lol I was thinking more about when it was released rather than gen. Well then I would say that my worst 7th gen game has to  Last Rebellion.

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

d21lewis said:
I KNEW people would be naming critically acclaimed games! It never fails!

Anyway, for me, it's this game called Kawasaki Jet Ski (or something like that) for the Wii. It was like $19 when I got my Wii so I bought it, blissfully unaware of the Wii's over abundance of shitty shovelware. I finished ONE LAP of the first track, sensed the horrific quality of the game, and threw the game under my sofa in disgust. Later, when I found it, I threw it away.

Yeah, this is awful.  It devolved into a troll thread pretty damn quick.  We actually had a thread about this less than a month ago that turned out a lot better than this one.  I won't even bother to copy and paste my three games from that thread.

As for your game, at least it was only 19 bucks.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

ps3-sales! said:
I think people are confusing worst game with overrated/disappointing games.

I'm going with either Jumper for the Wii or Sonic 06.

I think a bad game is a game that doesnt bring you any joy while playing.

That can clearly be fused with a disappointing game.

When i said FFXIII, not only was i disappointed as i didnt have any fun while playing it. I actually fell asleep more than once playing it because of how bored i was.

Of course, if we consider bad as a buggy mess, even if a portion managed to give you some joy, then games like mindjack and Sonic 06 do come to mind.

Personally, i find the worse offender the game that managed to be boring to no end, despite all the funding and development time it had. There is no excuse for you to end up with a game like that. The other ones at least have the excuses of strict budget and development time. Wich is the same as saying that the Publisher didnt give the developer enough time to make a better game. I find it unfair to crucify the developer that is under such restrictions.

GTA IV... The gameplay mechanics were so horrible in this game from the shooting to the driving. Luckily GTA V was the complete opposite.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Alines Colonial Marines.. The aliens are as smart as a horde of drunk blondes ( no offence to blondes), the final boss is as exciting as watching a nail cross a damn street ( It's not), the story is garbage  and the campaign  overall is boring and generic. Fuck this game.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---