By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Worst 7th Gen Game?

Super_Boom said:
I liked Wii Sports. Probably one of the only video games I can enjoy with my family whenever I go home to visit. I don't think it's fair to hate on something based on it inspiring crappy imitations.

It isn't just because of the crappy imitations. I clearly outlined one of its underlying gameplay flaws in the horribly innacurate Wiimote functions. But sure, in your words it's just "hating" -- my personal experience with the game be damned. There are much better "fun for everyone" party type games out there. DDR, Rock Band, and Guitar Hero are just a few I can think of off the top of my head.

Around the Network

Haze. Seriously, I'm not sure I've ever played a FPS this bad. Lair is also a nice contender, though.

Final Fantasy 13

The problem with a question like this is that most of us probably haven't played the worst games available.

Anyway, my vote goes to 007 Legends, but I'm confident there are worse games out there.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
The problem with a question like this is that most of us probably haven't played the worst games available.

Anyway, my vote goes to 007 Legends, but I'm confident there are worse games out there.

This.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy XIII came to mind first although that's more because it was the most disappointing of the gen. All that time to develop a repetitively linear game that comprised of a simple, if fast paced battle system. Other than that, it was horrible.

But really, Duke Nukem: Forever was pretty bad and terribly dated when it released.

Call of Duty 3 on the Wii was also piss poor as was Disaster: Day of Crisis.

DBZfan2027 said:

It isn't just because of the crappy imitations. I clearly outlined one of its underlying gameplay flaws in the horribly innacurate Wiimote functions. But sure, in your words it's just "hating" -- my personal experience with the game be damned. There are much better "fun for everyone" party type games out there. DDR, Rock Band, and Guitar Hero are just a few I can think of off the top of my head.

Fair enough, I just assumed your original post was your primary reason for disliking the game. I personally didn't find any controller faults to keep me from enjoying the game, but I obviously can't speak for your experience.

As for "fun for everyone" games, what I meant was that Wii Sports was the most accessible for the widest possible audience. My dad would never want to play DDR, and there's no way my grandpa would have had the patience for Guitar Hero. Wii Sports, meanwhile, seems to be generally enjoyed by everyone.

But....this is an opinion thread, so I'm only really clarifying what I meant. 

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Medal of Honor Warfighter.... after a mediocre reboot of the franchise, EA rushed and made a sequel that nobody wanted.

Simply put it is all that is wrong with the industry (aside crappy freemium mobile games, that is).

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

DBZfan2027 said:
Super_Boom said:
I liked Wii Sports. Probably one of the only video games I can enjoy with my family whenever I go home to visit. I don't think it's fair to hate on something based on it inspiring crappy imitations.

All of the games you mention belong to the same category of 'music' games. That is not everybody's cup of tea. Wii Sports on the other hand is easily accessible to everybody. Aaand it took the sports game genre to the new level of enjoyability. 

I wish you played WarioWare: Smooth Moves. That is a hyper fun game with its quirky style. The controls are TERRIBLE, really, inaccurate and hard to master due to +200 minigames.You pass around only one wiimote and can't use more. Yet whoever I showed this game to said that it's crazy fun, despite the controls.

Hope that puts my point across.

I think people are confusing worst game with overrated/disappointing games.

I'm going with either Jumper for the Wii or Sonic 06.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros