By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vita outselling WiiU in 2013 sales

wow idont if i should feel sorry for Vita or for WiiU but those are awful numbers for Yearly sales

Around the Network

This is probably a controversial opinion but I hope they both do well.

Desktop: AMD Phenom X4 955, ATI Radeon 7950 :: Laptop: Intel i7-3532QM, ATI Radeon 7670m

Consoles: 3DS XL, PS Vita, Zelda 3DS, PS3 Super Slim, DSi, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, Wii, GameCube, PS2

Now Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Dark Souls, Fallout: New Vegas, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, Persona 4: Golden

supernihilist said:
wow idont if i should feel sorry for Vita or for WiiU but those are awful numbers for Yearly sales

I'd feel sorry for both. The sales of both in no way reflect the quality of the product or their fantastic software lineups.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Conegamer said:
Eh, it is nothing to celebrate. It should have happened a loooooooong time ago, however, it's a start.mi expect no contest in 2014.

You were expecting a no contest in 2013 too. You are really a stubborn person.

Is this in the US? Cause in the main page Vita still has 2m more than the Wii U.

edit: Silly me, didnt notice you meant only for this year.

Around the Network
michael_stutzer said:
Conegamer said:
Eh, it is nothing to celebrate. It should have happened a loooooooong time ago, however, it's a start.mi expect no contest in 2014.

You were expecting a no contest in 2013 too. You are really a stubborn person.

Unless Sony pull some amazing surprise rabbit out of the hat. If Wii U doesn't manage to outsell Vita comfortably next year I'll be amazed. And this is coming from someone who's favourite platform is currently the Vita by a large margin.

Pointless thread. Vita is a handheld. How is Wii-U doing against it's competition?

The WiiU has a surprisingly strong end of year. But it did have a strong launch too, and sales collapsed from January.

With the Vita having a potentially strong year in Japan and decent sales in mainland Europe, lets see if it can repeat next year

Never the less both platforms still have tons to prove, before we can call them success stories.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:

Never the less both platforms still have tons to prove, before we can call them success stories.

Right now, I'm more concerned with them avoiding being failures hahah.

I remember the threads from months ago about the Vita outselling the WiiU YTD. I didn't think the WiiU would have as good of a holiday as it did (though not a very good holiday) and that it would be neck and neck in weekly sales leaving Vita the victor in the YTD race.