By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Most Pirated Films of 2013

pezus said:
TruckOSaurus said:
darthdevidem01 said:
The hell is Catching Fire?

The movie was released in November so it only had about a month and a half worth of downloads compared to a full 12 months for The Hobbit and Django.

And no high quality torrent either. Who downloads cam quality, ugh?

I am proud to say that the only movie on that list I pirated was Silver Linings Playbook, but that was because we had to wait like half a year to get it in cinemas. It was also the second best movie on that list, imo (behind Django).

Ipirated none of them. The movies that interested me was movies I went to the cinemas to see. Also, I prefer to have movies on the shelves. 

Can I get a cookie now? 

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
darthdevidem01 said:

The movie was released in November so it only had about a month and a half worth of downloads compared to a full 12 months for The Hobbit and Django.

LOL I thought The Hobbit in the OP was the 2nd one!

That explains EVERYTHING

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Didn't pirate any of them and watched 5 of them in theaters. I'm such a good boy

Now if you'll excuse me, I think those seasons of Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones have finished downloading

chapset said:
8.4 mill time 10$ for a ticket plus 20$ for the popcorn and soda = 252mill lost on the hobbit alone (if we assumed only one person saw the movie once for each time it's downloaded) but if the producer of the movie were able to sue each one of the downloaders fining them 25000$ a piece that would be 210000000000$ they could get from that movie. So the real money lost is coming from the lack of backbone from big movie producers from persuing in justice the pirates like me :D

LOL you know the film creators don't make a single penny off snacks/drinks etc at the cinema, right? Every penny of that goes to the cinema, that's how they make their money.

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

vivster said:
NiKKoM said:

Alright you nerds.. who downloaded Silver Linings Playbook? Did you watch it with your mom?

Watched it with their waifus.

Absolutely did this.  Someone had to explain the NFL nonsense to me.

Around the Network

Gangster Squad isn't even worth pirating. The hell it's doing at #7? 

Furious 6 would have been first had it come out in March or early April, sure as hell.

darthdevidem01 said:

On top of next year's list.

I only pirated 2 old movies. I watched Kinder von bahnhof zoo on you tube, since it's not available on any format in NA, and quiet earth, since the DVD costs $110.
I'm thinking about watching The girl who leapt through time on you tube, I would really like to watch this one on blu-ray before I order Wolf children, but for some reason the Blu-ray is $327, DVD $123.

But what's the excuse for this top 10 list, all are easily available at affordable prices...

Anyway I don't see digital movie piracy hindering blu-ray sales or movie tickets. Both are different experiences. It might actually help people decide whether a blu-ray is worth the price. The only thing it hinders is paid digital downloads and thus their prices. I'm fine with that, keeps blu-ray competitive price wise.

Downloaded All of those movies.

Only watched 8 of them. (The Hobbit, Django, Iron Man, Silver Linings Playbook, Star Trek, Now you See Me, The Hangover, and World War Z)

Own 6 of them on blu ray. (The Hobbit, Django, Iron Man, Star Trek, The Hangover, and World War Z)

I download more than anyone I know. I also go to the theaters more than anyone I know, own more DVD's than anyone I know, Own more blu rays than anyone I know, and own more games than anyone I know. So yeah. Totally bad for the producers!

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

The movies I want to see in theaters, I see in theaters. Sometimes, more than once (ie: Frozen, Django, Monsters University)....of course I still pirate them. Then again, I pirate everything. Hell, I pirate DVD's I bought just because I want them all in one place.

Oh?! We are still thinking that a download equals a person buying a ticket to see a movie? Delusional.

I go to the movies to watch the movies i wanna watch. I download those i wouldnt pay to watch. Usually they turn out to be a waste of my time, so technicly, they are costing me free time.