By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU Reaches 5m, congrats thread

It's an achievement, but the speed of the achievement was terrible.

Around the Network

Where is rayman legends? How did nobody on the Wii U buy it?

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

JWeinCom said:
Locknuts said:
Have they seriously not revised their 9 million fiscal year target?

I don't think it's typical for companies to adjust forecasts except at the begining of quarters.  Seems really unlikely that they'll hit those figures, but who knows.  Maybe Nintendo has some amazing secret that they're not telling us.  I gotta assume they had some reason for such a stupidly high prediction. 

Wii Sports 3/Mario Kart 8/Smash U/Zelda U/Hyrule Warriors/Pokemon MMO/Miyamoto new IP/Mario Galaxy 3/Shenmue 3/Bayonetta 2/Wii Fit U/Minecraft U/Halo U/Exclusive Call of Duty Q1 2014 confirmed!!!

That'd be awesome. lol. There'd be Iwata funeral GIFS everywhere.

I'm one of 5 million!!!!! Congrats Wii U!

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Areym said:

How did nobody buy it on any platform?

Anyway, congrats to WiiU, and I hope to see it's 10m thread soon.

Around the Network

One of the 5 million Go Wii U, SI SE PUEDE!!!!!!

Xbox live: kyokusanagiii    Watching: Patlabor The Mobile Police (OAV 1)

Wagram said:
It's an achievement, but the speed of the achievement was terrible.

Correct 

Areym said:

Originally sold best on Wii U compared to the other platforms, but a flop all-around. A niche game despite the hype and acclaim Origins and originally Legends garnered. Making it multi-platform was understandable, but delaying the finished Wii U version for months didn't win them much goodwill from the Wii U audience. Plus, by the time Legends released other BIG games were out or coming out soon (GTA V...Pikmin 3, W101, Wind Waker HD for Wii U). Also, 2D platformers have no business being $60. *Stares daggers at NSMBU* $50 is the max a 2D platformer should sell for, and even that's a stretch. At least Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is going to be $50. Anywho, I firmly believe Rayman Legends would have sold more on Wii U had it released anytime between February and July. 

To the OP, nice to see an actual milestone hit, but here's hoping Wii U will go into 2014 with some momentum that it can build upon with a steady release schedule and some heavy hitters like Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. 

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

TK14 said:
Areym said:

Sold best on Wii U compared to the other platforms

Nah PS3 has passed it now and 360 probably will soon too.

But yay for five million.

Purple said:
TK14 said:
Areym said:

Sold best on Wii U compared to the other platforms

Nah PS3 has passed it now and 360 probably will soon too.

But yay for five million.

Ah k, sorry, didn't see that. Not particularly surprising though...I would HOPE it would sell better on systems with install bases of 80 million compared to one with 5 million. :p But thanks for the correction. 

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)