By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 starts dominating - outsells WiiU and X1 combined (Read OP, please)

Shyakugaun said:
Were the numbers adjusted or is everyone really bad at math ? lol

XBOne adjusted 50k up in the last hours. PS4 adjusted up too, but by less than 1k.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
el_gallo said:
dahuman said:

Color me not surprised, PS4 is cheaper, smoother, smaller, and more powerful than it's weaker 500 dollar MS competitor and has quiet a lot more graphical potential than the Wii U at 100 dollars more, my problem is never with the hardware however, but the requirement to pay to play online really turns me off to the PS4 now. Will make final decision when I see TLoU2 reviews of course.

Don't forget to throw a game in there unless you are going to play a game called 1080P blank screen. Also don't forget to add $50 if you want to play online.

Also don't forget there is a $250 Wii U bundle that again, includes free online and a free game.

So reality is you are talking $250 vs $460 or even more. That is significant. It is almost double the price and is actually double if you plan to play online.

You get 3 free games in that extra 60$, you know. And if you get a bundle, you get 4 immediate games. Also, you get significalty more powerfull system, blu ray player, DVD player, 500GB of HDD, much superior online structure and better service, superior UI as well as superior OS. So yeah,...

Kane1389 said:
el_gallo said:
dahuman said:

Color me not surprised, PS4 is cheaper, smoother, smaller, and more powerful than it's weaker 500 dollar MS competitor and has quiet a lot more graphical potential than the Wii U at 100 dollars more, my problem is never with the hardware however, but the requirement to pay to play online really turns me off to the PS4 now. Will make final decision when I see TLoU2 reviews of course.

Don't forget to throw a game in there unless you are going to play a game called 1080P blank screen. Also don't forget to add $50 if you want to play online.

Also don't forget there is a $250 Wii U bundle that again, includes free online and a free game.

So reality is you are talking $250 vs $460 or even more. That is significant. It is almost double the price and is actually double if you plan to play online.

You get 3 free games in that extra 60$, you know. And if you get a bundle, you get 4 immediate games. Also, you get significalty more powerfull system, blu ray player, DVD player, 500GB of HDD, much superior online structure and better service, superior UI as well as superior OS. So yeah,...

and for an extra 40.00 (xbox one) you get a great piece of technology in Kinect, better online service and a better set of games than the ps4 has to offer at the moment.   You make a great point....but if we are going to keep going in that direction you might as well wait for a high end steam box or just get a gaming PC.

The Wii U is fun and the tablet experience is much better than what's available by anyone else at the moment.  It also has something neither the ps4 or the xbox one has and that's backward compatibility...i do like to play some of my older games.  I actually would have paid extra for my xbox one for a version that has backward compatibility built right in.  I might even have considered the ps4 if it actually had real backward compatibility...(none of that streaming crap...i can just imagine the bandwidth overage charges i would get assuming my connection could even keep up with the streaming...and thats assuming it could hit 1080p so consistently).

edit: I should mention i also like the fact that i can use all my remotes...because everything just works i was able to just sell my original wii and use that towards the price as well when i purchased the wii u. 

In the end we all like what we like...i personally did not have a preference....i had a wii, ps3 and 360 and will likely get a ps4 someday...just not anytime soon....the games it has that interest me are available on the other systems.

StarAleta said:

edit: I should mention i also like the fact that i can use all my remotes...because everything just works i was able to just sell my original wii and use that towards the price as well when i purchased the wii u.

You sold your Wii without remote? That's even more evil than selling a dead bird to a blind kid! ;)

StarAleta said:
Kane1389 said:
el_gallo said:
dahuman said:

and for an extra 40.00 (xbox one) you get a great piece of technology in Kinect, better online service and a better set of games than the ps4 has to offer at the moment.   You make a great point....but if we are going to keep going in that direction you might as well wait for a high end steam box or just get a gaming PC.

1.Xbone does not have a better oniline service

2.You forgot about the fact you are paying for Live too, as well as other stuff like Netflix, for which you need to pay as well, so pay to pay. Yeah, completly better service

3.''Better games'' is subjective. Its not some sort of objective value. Besides, console is an investment. Nobody pays 400 or 500$ just to play launch titles

4. PC is a personal computer with many purposes, its not a closed dedicated piece of hardware like a console, it doesnt even have to be used for entertaiment at all. Its stupid to compare PC to any kind of electronic hardware really

The Wii U is fun and the tablet experience is much better than what's available by anyone else at the moment.

..exept for the actual tablets, of course.

It also has something neither the ps4 or the xbox one has and that's backward compatibility...i do like to play some of my older games.  I actually would have paid extra for my xbox one for a version that has backward compatibility built right in.  I might even have considered the ps4 if it actually had real backward compatibility...(none of that streaming crap...i can just imagine the bandwidth overage charges i would get assuming my connection could even keep up with the streaming...and thats assuming it could hit 1080p so consistently).

Thats a fair point, altho the only reason Wii is backards compatible and the others arent is because Wii U is very outdated hardware by modern standards and thus its architecture is more compatible with the 7th gen hardware. PS4 and the xbone use more modern architecture that arent compatible with PS360

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:

2.You forgot about the fact you are paying for Live too, as well as other stuff like Netflix, for which you need to pay as well, so pay to pay. Yeah, completly better service

3.''Better games'' is subjective. Its not some sort of objective value. Besides, console is an investment. Nobody pays 400 or 500$ just to play launch titles

4. PC is a personal computer with many purposes, its not a closed dedicated piece of hardware like a console, it doesnt even have to be used for entertaiment at all. Its stupid to compare PC to any kind of electronic hardware really

The Wii U is fun and the tablet experience is much better than what's available by anyone else at the moment.

It also has something neither the ps4 or the xbox one has and that's backward compatibility...i do like to play some of my older games.  I actually would have paid extra for my xbox one for a version that has backward compatibility built right in.  I might even have considered the ps4 if it actually had real backward compatibility...(none of that streaming crap...i can just imagine the bandwidth overage charges i would get assuming my connection could even keep up with the streaming...and thats assuming it could hit 1080p so consistently).

Thats a fair point, altho the only reason Wii is backards compatible and the others arent is because Wii U is very outdated hardware by modern standards and thus its architecture is more compatible with the 7th gen hardware. PS4 and the xbone use more modern architecture that arent compatible with PS360

Let me tell you there is nothing my kids like more than the tablet on the WiiU. When I come in and declare that the 65 inch television in the living room is mine. They swap to the tablet and the day is saved per their reasoning.

Also the WiiU isn't backwards compatible due to an inferior archetechture. The archetechture they used is the same as was used on the Wii and also on the Xbox 360. It is a PowerPC varient. Sony and Microsoft choose to change their architechture for a number of reasons. One, in aligning more with the PC they made cross-platform development a bit easier. This is what Microsoft always wanted as seen with their original Xbox. Sony just wanted back in the game after almost going from first to worst with the PS3. Also both probably liked (as do a lot of people) what AMD is doing with their APU's because it is largely a single chip solution that is cheap, flexible and gives fair CPU power along with great GPU power.

Nintendo could have chosen to make the WiiU just as powerful as both consoles in terms of raw power but it is really clear they believe in a different experience. As an owner of both a Wii, WiiU and PS3 I endorse the Nintendo experience. I never hear fans nor a HD. It is clear as machines often used at party or similar type experiences that Nintedo stuff often travels and not having a HD or big size helps with that.

This picture was in another thread but it is clear Nintendo chooses power efficiency and size over raw power. People talk about how small Sony made the PS4 but look at the Wii U next to it and realize the Wii U is still bigger than the Wii. They could have chosen more power, bigger chips, more heat and everything around that bigger to justify the better, aka hard drives, etc. They make their choices for a different reason. Anytime you see four people playing together in a room it is almost always based around Nintendo. When you see a 13 year old (or grown equivalent) swearing at a screen alone in a room killing crap. That is almost always another solution that is not Nintendo.

In my family, this stuff doesn't even really get turned on unless multiple people are involved. For example we own CODBO2 but it never really gets played unless it is with two people. Sitting in a room alone killing time and virtual people just seems so sad.

Conina said:
StarAleta said:

You sold your Wii without remote? That's even more evil than selling a dead bird to a blind kid! ;)

lol no :) I had more than one pair....saved me a good chunk as i didnt have to get 4 new set of controllers.

Kane1389 said:
StarAleta said:
Kane1389 said:
el_gallo said:
dahuman said:

i have yet to see a tablet that can put out anything close to what the wii u can...i'm sure those will eventually come as tablets get stronger but we are a ways away from that.  Although now that the wii u tablet has been hacked i guess you can expect to see all kinds of PC games streamed to it :)

I would have to double check but i believe the reason the wii u is backwards compatible is it just happens to have a wii on a single chip....so Nintendo could opt to not include it and save some money....it has nothing to do with the Wii U's capabilities.  The wii u has a completely different architecture.

The original wii however was much closer to the gamecube as it was basically one but with better speeds all around.

StarAleta said:

i have yet to see a tablet that can put out anything close to what the wii u can...i'm sure those will eventually come as tablets get stronger but we are a ways away from that.  Although now that the wii u tablet has been hacked i guess you can expect to see all kinds of PC games streamed to it :)

I would have to double check but i believe the reason the wii u is backwards compatible is it just happens to have a wii on a single chip....so Nintendo could opt to not include it and save some money....it has nothing to do with the Wii U's capabilities.  The wii u has a completely different architecture.

The original wii however was much closer to the gamecube as it was basically one but with better speeds all around.

I don't think we're as far as you may think considering these devices have yearly updates. Games like Dead Trigger, Dark Meadow, Infinity Blade and Real Racing 3 are already getting close to console quality on the small screen.

Dead Trigger:

Real Racing 3:

Dark Meadow:

Infinity Blade II:

dahuman said:

yet I still have friends saying xbox one is better..

mM