By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - COD:Ghosts is embarassing.

So I recently got this game for XMAS along with SM3DW, Pikmin 3, AC4 and Wii Party U for the Wii U. This is not only the worst game I got out of my XMAS presents, this is the worst Call of Duty game I've ever played. Given, I've played from COD4 all the way up to BOII. Also played them all when they were in their prime except for COD4. Seriously, this game is abysmal. The spawns are god awful, the maps are too big and weird. The layouts of the maps are just stupid. Design is uninspired. I regard COD4 and WAW with the highest respect and both as some of the best shooters of this generation. It's sad how this franchise is heading. I definately expect sales to be down on the next Infinity Ward game. This is exactly why I'm skeptical about Titanfall, Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer was fun but seriously unbalanced. I'm sick of InfinityWard over complicating their Call of Duty games with all this useless crap on the screen. COD: Ghosts is going back on the shelf and replacing it's spot next to my Wii U with my other recent game is Black Ops 2. A game I can actually enjoy. Going back to AC4, sadly wasted $60 when I could have gotten another game.

Around the Network

Yeah, played it at my cousins place. Didn't like it either. It was closer to MW3 which I didn't like either. B01, B02 were/are good.

Just sell it for like 55 or 60. I'm pretty sure someone will take it off your hands to save on the tax.

Ghost is pretty good, not like this crapfest battlefield 4 with a weak sp and buggy mp.

You could return it, and get something else.

I really like Call of Duty: Ghosts on my Nintendo Wii U!!! But i also think that the Multiplayer Maps are really too big!!!

Around the Network
C0LINx said:

So I recently got this game for XMAS along with SM3DW, Pikmin 3, AC4 and Wii Party U for the Wii U. This is not only the worst game I got out of my XMAS presents, this is the worst Call of Duty game I've ever played. Given, I've played from COD4 all the way up to BOII. Also played them all when they were in their prime except for COD4. Seriously, this game is abysmal. The spawns are god awful, the maps are too big and weird. The layouts of the maps are just stupid. Design is uninspired. I regard COD4 and WAW with the highest respect and both as some of the best shooters of this generation. It's sad how this franchise is heading. I definately expect sales to be down on the next Infinity Ward game. This is exactly why I'm skeptical about Titanfall, Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer was fun but seriously unbalanced. I'm sick of InfinityWard over complicating their Call of Duty games with all this useless crap on the screen. COD: Ghosts is going back on the shelf and replacing it's spot next to my Wii U with my other recent game is Black Ops 2. A game I can actually enjoy. Going back to AC4, sadly wasted $60 when I could have gotten another game.

I agree half-way. The spawns in all CoDs are god awful. I haven't played a cod game where the spawns consistently worked out, but its something you can work around if your good enough. I definitely think they made the maps too big in this game as well. But all those things aside, its still the same addictive gameplay that CoD is known for. If you don't like this one but you like CoD in general then theres like 8 CoD's you can play from last generation. I wouldn't call Ghosts abysmal, more like a test by IW to see how fans would react, which I hope they're listening and go back to MW1-2-3 map style. It also seems like IW kind of rushed the killstreaks as well, they are no where as much fun to get as they were in MW 2-3.

It's not surprising tbh, current Infinity Ward is awful.

COD definitely needs to take a break for a year or two, but we all know that won't happen.

Titanfall is developed by a group of ex-Infinity Ward employees (most of which worked on MW1&2), so it won't be nearly as bad as MW3 or Ghosts were, which is why I'm kinda hyped about Titanfall.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Well I dont know about the console version, but I tried the PC version and its 0. Even tough the MP can become bearable during LAN parties, the SP is an atrocity...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

It's the first CoD I haven't got since 3.... (or 2: Big Red One, but that doesn't really count. I also did buy CoD 1 and 2 after the fact, but haven't actually got round to playing them)

I think it's in part that I'm bored with FPS games in general (Killzone is by far my least played full PS4 game), but nothing I have seen from Ghosts has impressed me

I'll get Battlefield 4 as a tech demo (I just got Crysis 3 for £6), but none of them are doing that much to interest me. I hope Destiny does something interesting for FPSs if Titanfall doesn't (then maybe the Division even though that is 3rd person)