By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Square-enix should make new final fantasy's on the 3ds that have the same style as 7,8 and 9

I think they should make more handheld games in general.

Bravely Default is a good start....but more of that...and on the Vita too (Hello, Type-0-2 !)

Around the Network
gigaSheik said:
I don't really know where the FF8 "magic" is. You-don't-understand-me emo protagonist, empty antagonist, retarded cast of characters, a mercenary school that looks like a mall, the dumbest plot of the series and a magic system thats boring as hell. This one can stay in the past.

You are pretty much spot-on regarding Final Fantasy VIII. I don't see how VIII could EVER be better than IX.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

RenCutypoison said:
Roma said:
you know a FF 7 remake on 3DS would make a lot of sense financially for them. won't cost them much and will sell millions! didn't the remake a bunch of the games on DS?

FFVII originally costed 45 millions. As with kingdom hearts they would probably have to code it from zero, and assets would need to be remade from zero too (Or you think it would sell with original graphics ? lol)

And that wouldn't sell millions. Fans are whore. They would complain about cloud looking even more gay and boycott the game.

remaking a game is redoing the graphics among other things

other FF remakes have sold well on DS why sold it be any different with 7 and haven't fans been asking for a remake for a long time?

what kind of fans are people who would boycott a game because of someone looking too gay in it?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I wouldn't mind seeing spin-offs or new IPs on the handhelds with the same style as the older FFs, but the main numbered games should be on consoles and moving away from the past. I enjoyed some of the older FF games, but I wouldn't want the series to be stuck in the past.

Roma said:
you know a FF 7 remake on 3DS would make a lot of sense financially for them. won't cost them much and will sell millions! didn't the remake a bunch of the games on DS?

SE isn't dumb enough to do this, they should know the fans want it on consoles.

Around the Network
Roma said:
RenCutypoison said:
Roma said:

FFVII originally costed 45 millions. As with kingdom hearts they would probably have to code it from zero, and assets would need to be remade from zero too (Or you think it would sell with original graphics ? lol)

And that wouldn't sell millions. Fans are whore. They would complain about cloud looking even more gay and boycott the game.

remaking a game is redoing the graphics among other things

other FF remakes have sold well on DS why sold it be any different with 7 and haven't fans been asking for a remake for a long time?

what kind of fans are people who would boycott a game because of someone looking too gay in it?

FF fans. Have you ever seen their reaction to versus XIII in the forums ? Works for DMC too.

The difference between VII and the games before is that it was the most expensive SE game before HD. Meaning VIII IX X and XII cost less. And according to Yoshida (Maybe another guy, it's old and can't find the source back), an FFVII HD remake would cost more than FFXIII did, so even a 3DS remake would be really costy.

Now let's be frank, instead of expensive HD remake we have a shitload of ports (PSP, PS3, PC) plus the original game. I'm pretty happy X will have an HD remake, and I will buy it, but I don't think it is necessary. I would actually prefer them to use this money for new FFs and new IPs.

A new IP for the 3DS would not be that more expensive than FFX-X2HD (they remade OST, character models and monster models so it's very expensive compared to other HD remasters), and I would prefer a new kickass game than the same old ones.

BasilZero said:
Roma said:

There's a reason why FFX isnt on the WiiU or the 3DS ;(

The ones that got remade were originally on nintendo's systems but sadly it doesnt seem like SE is interested in continuing the trend as both FFV and FFVI remakes are exclusive to mobiles l0l.

They were remade on GBA after the DS launch so they didn't want to do remakes again for the DS. Now mobile gaming is more successful than handeld in japan so it makes sense. 

Plus people play pokemon on their smartphone, they might as well play FFVI. At least Vi might finally get the love its deserve.

RenCutypoison said:

The difference between VII and the games before is that it was the most expensive SE game before HD. Meaning VIII IX X and XII cost less. And according to Yoshida (Maybe another guy, it's old and can't find the source back), an FFVII HD remake would cost more than FFXIII did, so even a 3DS remake would be really costy.

Now let's be frank, instead of expensive HD remake we have a shitload of ports (PSP, PS3, PC) plus the original game. I'm pretty happy X will have an HD remake, and I will buy it, but I don't think it is necessary. I would actually prefer them to use this money for new FFs and new IPs.

A new IP for the 3DS would not be that more expensive than FFX-X2HD (they remade OST, character models and monster models so it's very expensive compared to other HD remasters), and I would prefer a new kickass game than the same old ones.

The majority of the budget for FFVII probably went toward all the CG videos, being the most cinematic console game at the time. It was also the first FF on PS1 hardware. I'm sure a ton of money went toward R&D as well.

Far be it from me to try and one-up a developer on the inside, but I have a hard time believing a remake that already has most of the groundwork layed out for it in terms of plot, characters, music, settings, battle system and general gameplay. I have no idea how much producing a sub-HD CG sequence costs nowadays compared to 20 years ago, but I'd imagine it's not as big a deal as it was in the CD-ROM's heyday.

Square Enix wants to be a mainstream hit on consoles. Its where it was born and where they want to continue to thrive. Nintendo fans are very traditional and it is a harmless wish, but I think the direction Final Fantasy XV is going is going to truly expand Final Fantasy and take it back to great heights if the gameplay and story/characters are up to snuff. Final Fantasy VII doesn't need to be put on the DS. FFVII is a cloud hanging over the head of Square Enix and they wish they could make a game that could live up to its greatness. They will continue to try even though the major players arent there.

I'm all for it, But I would rather it was a 3DS and Vita project.