By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Square-enix should make new final fantasy's on the 3ds that have the same style as 7,8 and 9

I think this would put final fantasy back on the map and have it getting the respect it deserves again. Have the same art style with still backgrond graphics all polished up in 3d. The playstation era was final fantasy at its best and i know longtime fans would love to see new original final fantasy's that capture the same magic 7 8 and 9 did. Graphics are a small part of final fantasy games (one of their best qualities actually) but i would say most fans would agree with me when i say the story, the character depth and big original worlds with an amazing rpg battle system are the best things that make final fantasy a final fantasy. Imagine having a new final fantasy every year to year and a half on the 3ds i mean c'mon amazing. Port 7 8 and 9 to the 3ds first and see how well it does and then they can go from there with brand new original's. What do you guys think? should square shift focus to the 3ds or/and vita for our new final fantasy's? it would be cheaper and faster to make and the 3ds is a selling machine!!!

Around the Network

I think bravely default is the closet we are gonna get to a new FF on the 3ds

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I would rather a PS4/PS3/Xbox One/360/Wii U Release

you know a FF 7 remake on 3DS would make a lot of sense financially for them. won't cost them much and will sell millions! didn't the remake a bunch of the games on DS?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

They are porting F.F. on everything, mobile to. I'll pass. Would rather see something fresh for F.F. from Square.

Around the Network

While I like the idea of it... the state that SE are in at the moment I would expect to pay a fee per random battle.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

This would be a great idea, but I have to see how XV turns out... Until  then..... I highly doubt they could do it.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

They'll release 7 8 9 on Mobile first...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

We more then likely will see V and VI remade on the 3DS since III and IV were on the DS and as long as their more like the IV remake was then i'm fine with that :D As for main series numbered game, a Nintendo console hasn't seen that since VI was released on the SNES sadly.

I would love for 3D classics versions of the Kitase directed games: FF6, Chrono Trigger, FF7, and FF8.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.