By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU Sales Not Looking Good This Week In Japan... Looking GREAT! 109k Sold (Ending Dec 22nd)

Surprising!

Around the Network

so the wiiu has sold around 80k more than expected so far in japan during the holidays? pretty insignificant when you really think about it, the real test will come after the holidays and ps4 launch.

only one word. PERFECT!!!

And the balance of the universe is right againt!!!!!

Zelda - Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch.... Incredable!!!

Kane1389 said:
Player2 said:

I'm saving you with troll logic, so just play along. What else I could do? You pretty much confessed that you came in and posted about a completely different topic (WW sales) to start an argument, which is bannable according to forum rule 8!

(Reply this post with another ...wat? post to make it more beliavable).

...wat?

My first post wasnt about WW sales, i was saying that the sales jump was normal since its holiday season, so bigger number should be expect. I brought in WW sales after zorg quoted me and mentioned PS3, I thought he was talking about sales in general (WW sales).

You seem to be pretty upset about this, and its kinda derailing the thread which is bannable according to forum rules!

Wii U is doing almost Dreamcast WW numbers, and you considered that a comment about beating previous PS3 holiday numbers except for 2009 could be about WW sales in a reply to your ontopic first post in a Japan thread? It seems Selnor has some competition now.

Player2 said:
Kane1389 said:
Player2 said:

I'm saving you with troll logic, so just play along. What else I could do? You pretty much confessed that you came in and posted about a completely different topic (WW sales) to start an argument, which is bannable according to forum rule 8!

(Reply this post with another ...wat? post to make it more beliavable).

...wat?

My first post wasnt about WW sales, i was saying that the sales jump was normal since its holiday season, so bigger number should be expect. I brought in WW sales after zorg quoted me and mentioned PS3, I thought he was talking about sales in general (WW sales).

You seem to be pretty upset about this, and its kinda derailing the thread which is bannable according to fo rum rules!

Wii U is doing almost Dreamcast WW numbers, and you considered that a comment about beating previous PS3 holiday numbers except for 2009 could be about WW sales in a reply to your ontopic first post in a Japan thread? It seems Selnor has some competition now.

Seriously now, wat?

Dude, you have to work on constructing your sentences, i have no idea what you're saying

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:

Seriously now, wat?

Dude, you have to work on constructing your sentences, i have no idea what you're saying

He probably sounds hard to understand because he explained what you did and that is pretty confusing but not really his fault.

I also don't understand why you thought that zorg1000 quoted your first post about Japan in a thread about Japanese sales and started to talk about WW numbers.

I mean, how did you think that he is talking about WW numbers when he quoted you?

Kane1389 said:
zorg1000 said:
Kane1389 said:
...it's almost like it's a holiday season or something !!

An impressive holiday season, its doing better than every PS3 holiday with the exception of 2009

What are you talking about? PS3 has been outselling Wii U 2 or even 3 to 1 since the beginning of November. By the end of the year it'll probably be like 3:1 for PS3

crissindahouse said:
Kane1389 said:

Seriously now, wat?

He probably sounds hard to understand because he explained what you did and that is pretty confusing but not really his fault.

I also don't understand why you thought that zorg1000 quoted your first post about Japan in a thread about Japanese sales and started to talk about WW numbers.

I mean, how did you think that he is talking about WW numbers when he quoted you?

No its because you people kept dragging this crap on for 2 pages. It was a misunderstanding, let it the hell go already

drake4 said:
119k actually, really amazing numbers for the wiiu, this holiday.

hello mate,

can you give me the site, whiche you get the informations??

Zelda - Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch.... Incredable!!!

Soundwave said:

It's actually not unusual for a Nintendo console to put up these numbers around this time of year, actually, GameCube did similar things. Nintendo always enjoys a very nice holiday gift giving boost in December in Japan:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=94756669&postcount=33

GameCube, 2001:
Week 49, 52,806
Week 50, 100,882
Week 51, 168,268
Week 52, 130,719

GameCube, 2002:
Week 49, 39,849
Week 50, 44,902
Week 51, 66,410
Week 52, 60,290

GameCube, 2003:
Week 49, 38,264
Week 50, 55,962
Week 51, 128,502
Week 52, 168,766

Wii U, 2012:
Week 49, 308,570
Week 50, 130,653
Week 51, 122,356
Week 52, 76,760

Wii U, 2013:
Week 49, 46,773
Week 50, 72,982
Week 51, 119,159

With the exception of that dissapointing GameCube 2002 in Japan that's fairly consistent across the board. Guess the Japanese really don't like Zelda/Metroid (Wind Waker and Prime 1) versus Mario and Smash. 

Comparing home console performance today to the 6th gen in Japan is kinda pointless, there's been a massive shift to portables since then.

*Yoshi* said:
Great, great sales for WiiU, incredible boost!!!.

YOSHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend long time not seeing you, you should post more often

OT: Amazing week for Nintendo, too bad not every week can be like this