By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU Sales Not Looking Good This Week In Japan... Looking GREAT! 109k Sold (Ending Dec 22nd)

Yeah, I've noticed something about some playstation fans here, their comprehension skills are greatly lacking. Some of them also made themselves believe that Knack had outsold 3D World, when in reality it only happened in the UK. Lol.

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:
Player2 said:
Kane1389 said:
zorg1000 said:
Kane1389 said:
...it's almost like it's a holiday season or something !!

An impressive holiday season, its doing better than every PS3 holiday with the exception of 2009

What are you talking about? PS3 has been outselling Wii U 2 or even 3 to 1 since the beginning of November. By the end of the year it'll probably be like 3:1 for PS3

Indeed. By Media Create's numbers it only needs to sell over 1.6M next week to do it. If it doesn't it'll be a major flop of epic proportions.

I was talking about world wide numbers :)

This thread is about Japan numbers and zorg was talking about Japan sales. If you can't stay on topic in your replies it's your problem, I don't have a crystal ball.

Player2 said:
Kane1389 said:
Player2 said:
Kane1389 said:
zorg1000 said:
Kane1389 said:

An impressive holiday season, its doing better than every PS3 holiday with the exception of 2009

What are you talking about? PS3 has been outselling Wii U 2 or even 3 to 1 since the beginning of November. By the end of the year it'll probably be like 3:1 for PS3

Indeed. By Media Create's numbers it only needs to sell over 1.6M next week to do it. If it doesn't it'll be a major flop of epic proportions.

This thread is about Japan numbers and zorg was talking about Japan sales. If you can't stay on topic in your replies it's your problem, I don't have a crystal ball.

Well, the post zorg quoted wasnt talking about japan sales :)

Its nice for Nintendo to get a little bit of silver lining this year. I don't think Iwata's been on top of his job at all the last few years, but he doesn't deserve to get completely broad sided like this.

Still I think overall it won't be a very cheery Christmas at Nintendo HQ.

Wii U sales still look fairly abysmal in the West, and that's where like 80% of their console business has come from and I think Nintendo is quietly disappointed with the 3DS too.

Not to extent that it's a failure or anything like that, but I think there were really hoping for explosive 3DS sales this holiday with large year over year increases across the board, as one would expecting from "peaking" system, but it doesn't look like they're going to get it.

Pokemon X/Y has sold great though, that's the one unequivacle success for them this year. 

Damnit Japan!! Stop encouraging them!! We're trying to get a modern SNES next generation lol.

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:
Player2 said:
Kane1389 said:
Player2 said:
Kane1389 said:
zorg1000 said:
Kane1389 said:

So holidays aren't the reason why Wii U is doing well in Japan? Even better for Wii U then.

Player2 said:
Kane1389 said:
Player2 said:

So holidays aren't the reason why Wii U is doing well in Japan? Even better for Wii U then.

...wat?

Kane1389 said:
Player2 said:
Kane1389 said:
Player2 said:

...wat?

I'm saving you with troll logic, so just play along. What else I could do? You pretty much confessed that you came in and posted about a completely different topic (WW sales) to start an argument, which is bannable according to forum rule 8!

(Reply this post with another ...wat? post to make it more beliavable).

Player2 said:
Kane1389 said:
Player2 said:
Kane1389 said:
Player2 said:

...wat?

I'm saving you with troll logic, so just play along. What else I could do? You pretty much confessed that you came in and posted about a completely different topic (WW sales) to start an argument, which is bannable according to forum rule 8!

(Reply this post with another ...wat? post to make it more beliavable).

...wat?

My first post wasnt about WW sales, i was saying that the sales jump was normal since its holiday season, so bigger number should be expect. I brought in WW sales after zorg quoted me and mentioned PS3, I thought he was talking about sales in general (WW sales).

You seem to be pretty upset about this, and its kinda derailing the thread which is bannable according to forum rules!

Impressive turn around,