By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze screens

Tagged games:

FrancisNobleman said:
More of the same.

Played Wii DK, I can barely see any improvement, apart of the graphics.

And I also think the game is gonna tank.

I doubt it. I am  pretty sure TF can do 3-5 million lifetime sales.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Looks amazing. I just wish you could play as any character and not be limited to someone always using DK.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Looks amazing

can't wait for this!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Day one for me it looks stunning, great art direction and i bet it plays silky smooth.

Around the Network

I want Retro to make a game Metroid Prime style w/o it being metroid so they can call it a new IP, and see if it takes off a bit more.

Looks nice, but it looks like a higher-polygon version of the Wii game though. It's mostly the artstyle that kinda doesn't work to its favor. If only the lighting was of a different style, that could potentially bring some life to this game. It has some AA in certain spots.

AZWification said:
FrancisNobleman said:
More of the same.

Played Wii DK, I can barely see any improvement, apart of the graphics.

And I also think the game is gonna tank.

I doubt it. I am  pretty sure TF can do 3-5 million lifetime sales.

I also think so. Even the re-release of DKCR on the 3DS reached 1 million copies. DK main games use to sell well.

Those screens look great. The art direction still seems top.

Hyped! First big game in 2014.

Arius Dion said:
Looks amazing. I just wish you could play as any character and not be limited to someone always using DK.

Agreed.  Give me my playable Diddy Kong in single player, Nintendo!