By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS stolen UPDATE: RETURNED! nsfw boobs celebration!

Damn, people sure are crafty (and assholes)

Around the Network

That sucks, oh well just buy another one. Although you won't be able to get back those 200 hours of Animal Crossing.

think-man said:
Damn no offensive but I wouldn't take my 3ds out in public (even though I know that's what it's designed for) I don't want people knowing I own one.

talk about self esteem issues

jlrx said:
theprof00 said:

So, I was at a bar, had my 3ds going in, and it was gone while I was sitting there. It was in my coat pocket which was draped over my seat.

In it was Animal Crossing with about 200 hours plus tons of 3d pictures.

Stellar.

Jokes on them though, I still have the stylus.

FML

http://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/1d9e6n/

A few weeks ago my 3DSXL was stolen. I panicked because I had 42 downloaded games on it. Today, I just got them ALL back! Here's the steps I took.

• 1. File a police report AND request a copy - You MUST file a police report or else they won't be able to give you your games back. Do it right away because it will take 3-5 business days to process. I had to file online which took a few days and then I paid 6$ for a copy to be sent to me.

• 2. Call Nintendo customer service - Find the phone # on the website. Have the serial # of the stolen 3DS (and the replacing 3DS if you have it) and your club nintendo ID ready.

• 3. Send a copy of the police report via fax or E-mail - Make sure to write your name, telephone, 3DS serial numbers and a detailed summary along with it.

I faxed the report and 2 full days later they reimbursed me $195 onto my club nintendo account to buy back my games and gave me download codes for all the games I downloaded via club Nintendo rewards. Nintendo was very easy to work with through the whole process, I couldn't be happier right now, I thought all of my games were lost for good. I just hope this can save someone from losing all their games!

EDIT: just want to say this was in the USA, it seems to differ between countries.

Nice find! Hopefully prof read this and it helped him out!

Fortunately I never downloaded any games on it. I would have downloaded Metroid Fusion, but you're unable to buy it. That being said, I found the e-shop very underwhelming in any case.

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
think-man said:
Damn no offensive but I wouldn't take my 3ds out in public (even though I know that's what it's designed for) I don't want people knowing I own one.

Why cause I don't want people outside the internet knowing I own one? I remember making the mistake of casually telling a co worker that I brought one, which then followed by her rolling her eyes and saying I brought one for my 10 year old son for his birthday. And my mates irl know I own one but they laughed at me and said it's for kids. It's just the image that the device has, I don't wanna be seen as some 25yo loner playing 3ds on the train. 

theprof00 said:
think-man said:

lol, there's one, and I repeat, only one way to play video games in public without looking like a complete nerd.

Be extremely attractive.

So, I don't worry about taking it in public :D

Did you look as fabulous as do in your avatar?

eyeofcore said:
theprof00 said:
Gehirnkrampf said:
wouldnt have happened with a vita.

You're right. Hilariously, my vita was in teh other pocket. Not stolen.

I imagine this;

Thief puts its hand into the pocket and pulls out Vita which even himself knows it is "dead"... lol

Then he returns Vita to the pocket it was in and tries the other pocket.. He got 3DS and he found out that Animal Crossing was in t then he probably said hell yeah and left.

lol

brendude13 said:
theprof00 said:
think-man said:

lol, there's one, and I repeat, only one way to play video games in public without looking like a complete nerd.

Be extremely attractive.

So, I don't worry about taking it in public :D

Did you look as fabulous as do in your avatar?

Did I mention that my jacket is all leopard interior and I have a mohawk?

think-man said:
MohammadBadir said:
think-man said:

Why cause I don't want people outside the internet knowing I own one? I remember making the mistake of casually telling a co worker that I brought one, which then followed by her rolling her eyes and saying I brought one for my 10 year old son for his birthday. And my mates irl know I own one but they laughed at me and said it's for kids. It's just the image that the device has, I don't wanna be seen as some 25yo loner playing 3ds on the train. 

haha lol.

I never had that kind of issues here .. and I used to carry my 3DS with me all the time, including work, partys, bars .. and so on.

In the work a few times co-workers asked me something like "woot? I didn't knew you liked those things". My reply was a simple one something like "of course I like it, I love all videogames!".

Never once someone laughed or mocked me. And yep, sometimes I pulled my 3DS and played a little in front of plenty of drunk adults.. you worry too much about what other people think.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"