By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Wii U outsell GameCube?

Will Wii U outsell GameCube?

yes 580 63.25%

no 261 28.46%

same 75 8.18%

Total:916
Captain_Tom said:
curl-6 said:
Captain_Tom said:

1) August was only 4 months ago.  I doubt they are swimming in cash.  At the very least they aren't profiting enough to lower the price any time soon (WHich was obviously my point).

2) Yep on the Wii.  You gonna tell me the Wii U will sell 100m too?  Oh wait no the Gamecube is killing it...

3) It may.  It could.  It might.  The PS4 may secretly double as a jetpack!   But it probably doesn't.  What we KNOW is that nothing so far has worked.  

1) But the price will drop. It will get there, and when it does it will enter the buying range of a whole new audience.

2) Still significant franchise growth that will not just vanish; we're seeing this with Kart 7 on 3DS; DS growth has it already outselling the GBA version on less than half the userbase.

3) Almost nothing has actually been tried so far. The console is still too expensive, it still lacks the real system sellers, Kart and Smash. Wii U's biggest guns haven't been fired yet, its silly to judge its future performance on the vastly different circumstances of the present.

1) Yes it will drop.  BUT SO WILL PS360!!!  Why do you keep ignoring that?!

2) Outselling GBA version?!  That's because that vwrsion was terrible!

3) Price cuts haven't helped, new games haven't helped, and Mario hasn't helped.  At the end of the day the only thing that will make a difference is a total relaunch with SSB, no tablet, and a sub $200 price point.  But I don't see that happening...

1) Because PS3/360 have been replaced and will dwindle from here on, and don't offer the same games as Wii U anyway.

2) Still outselling it.

3) The price cut still left it too expensive, none of the new games were powerhouses like Smash/Kart, and Mario's been oversaturated over the last two years.

Around the Network

No, unless they drop price to 199.99
249 bundle made me seriously consider a U, 199 could be the right price.

Gamecube year one: 4.7 million

Wii U year one: 4.5 million

So far it looks like the Gamecube is winning.

BeElite said:
No, unless they drop price to 199.99
249 bundle made me seriously consider a U, 199 could be the right price.

Lol, the Gamecube couldn't even sell at $50, even with 10 times better third party support and better first party games.

Why does Nintendo call it Mario Kart 7? Sounds like they wannabe Microsoft with WIndows 7 and Windows 8.

Around the Network
Captain_Tom said:
curl-6 said:
Captain_Tom said:

1) August was only 4 months ago.  I doubt they are swimming in cash.  At the very least they aren't profiting enough to lower the price any time soon (WHich was obviously my point).

2) Yep on the Wii.  You gonna tell me the Wii U will sell 100m too?  Oh wait no the Gamecube is killing it...

3) It may.  It could.  It might.  The PS4 may secretly double as a jetpack!   But it probably doesn't.  What we KNOW is that nothing so far has worked.  

1) But the price will drop. It will get there, and when it does it will enter the buying range of a whole new audience.

2) Still significant franchise growth that will not just vanish; we're seeing this with Kart 7 on 3DS; DS growth has it already outselling the GBA version on less than half the userbase.

3) Almost nothing has actually been tried so far. The console is still too expensive, it still lacks the real system sellers, Kart and Smash. Wii U's biggest guns haven't been fired yet, its silly to judge its future performance on the vastly different circumstances of the present.

3) Price cuts haven't helped, new games haven't helped, and Mario hasn't helped.  At the end of the day the only thing that will make a difference is a total relaunch with SSB, no tablet, and a sub $200 price point.  But I don't see that happening...

3D Land has also outsold every mainline GBA Mario game, are they terrible too?

curl-6 said:
Captain_Tom said:
curl-6 said:
Captain_Tom said:

1) Because PS3/360 have been replaced and will dwindle from here on, and don't offer the same games as Wii U anyway.

2) Still outselling it.

3) The price cut still left it too expensive, none of the new games were powerhouses like Smash/Kart, and Mario's been oversaturated over the last two years.

LOL ok I will just end this back and forth with this:

You think the Wii U will make a comback and PS360 will disapear overnight...Because.  I know there is nothing that suggests your claim hopes are likely.  Do I think SSB will make a bigger difference than Mario?  Duh!  But it won't be that much.  

At this point Nintendo fanboys sound like broken records saying "Wait till ______!"  We have waited, and nothing changed.  I guess you guys will just have to keep on waitin'...

STRYKIE said:
Captain_Tom said:
curl-6 said:
Captain_Tom said:

Uh yeah!  The GBA really wasn't capable of rendering any worthy game besides Pokemon.  It wasn't until the DS that they could finally render N64 quality...

Captain_Tom said:
STRYKIE said:

Uh yeah!  The GBA really wasn't capable of rendering any worthy game besides Pokemon.  It wasn't until the DS that they could finally render N64 quality...

WTH? GBA had a ton of great games for a handheld that was only out for a couple years lol

absolutely yes!!!

"Every day I look in the mirror and ask myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?". If the answer is no for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something"

Steve Jobs