By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Wii U be the last Nintendo console you buy year one?

Nope, I've had my problems with Nintendo in the past year but I do not regret my purchase at all.

Around the Network

I have gotten every Nintendo system (Home & HH) within its first year since the N64 & GB.

Wii U was the first time I didn't buy it year 1. (Got burned on the 3DS) (XL is loads better) I'll probably get one next year once SSB4 is released.

Yep, I bought it because Pikmin 3 was launch window. Not falling for that ever again.

Yes, day one for me.

Yup, not going to buy the next one till after a year, if at all.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

If anything the Wii U is winning me back to Nintendo home console after the Wii made me lose a great deal of faith in them to deliver content I wanted. The Wii easily ranks as their worst effort for me below the N64 (I do not count Virtua Boy as never owned one).

I expect to buy a Wii U in 2014, likely in a bundle or sale or price drop happens.

I'm at a point where I can buy things I want and not sweat it if I could have saved $50 by waiting for something I want for a year or more. I got the Wii U on day one (first time ever I got a console on day one) and have had a blast with it ever since. Only little twinge of regret is that I couldn't justify getting the Zelda bundle with the sweet game pad. So, it's a trade-off: 9 months of gaming awesomeness traded in for a slightly cooler gamepad? Not worth it for me.

If the Wii U fullfills it's potential and the next system looks to be good, I have no problems going day one again. That said, coming off back to back Nintendo generations I would probably look to chance it up a little bit if MS or Sony can manage to put together something a little more appealing than they have been.

What is the point of these threads, honestly?

To answer, No. If their next home console has some good games lined up for it, and it most likely will, and I can afford to buy it, then I most likely will be getting it.

After getting a 3ds and Wii U before the price cuts were announced, it depends. Unless there are some great games then probably not.

Check out my site: http://www.agamingwebsite.blogspot.com/

Currently playing: Bayonetta, Destiny (barely), Fantasy Life

Probably Getting: Bravely Second, Devil's Third, Final Fantasy 15, Final Fantasy Explorers, Super Smash Bros U, Star Fox U, The Witcher 3, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Zelda U

If I do not buy my next console within the first year, it will be because (A) I have an avalanche of a backlog perpetually in queue and (B) I've learned to wait for awesome bundles. But I don't regret getting my Wii U in January because it helped bring peace to my home by freeing up the living room television and I took advantage of some sweet deals within Year 1, like the 30-cent VC games and Resi Revelations for $20.