By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Wii U be the last Nintendo console you buy year one?

The Wii U was the first Nintendo home console I haven't bought day one since the GameCube. (GameCube was my first actual home console.) I also got the SP day one and the DS Lite day one. Seems as though this generation just wasn't my year to buy consoles day one. Whoops!

If I have the money at the time, I'll probably buy the next one on it's premiere day. That is, if the line up is promising enough.

Around the Network

No since year one was good but year two is gonna be great and there were those 30 cent games for the wiiU in year one so I don't have much regrets. Also the WWHD bundle, along with other bundles came out this year as well so I might not buy it on day 1, but I will buy Nintendo consoles on year one...

With that being said and without trying to start something, it will be the last time I get a Sony handheld on year 1... Vita just went down for me and its great for indie games and niche games but that's not what I paid for...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Well I got my Wii U for $200, it was when they were phasing out the basic bundle, if I ever see any deal like that on a console I'm picking it up.  

Wait! What?? Because of how great the Wii was? The Wii was horrible. I got burned so bad by that thing, and didn´ t want to buy a Wii U at first because of it. But then I got a used one for a good price, and it actually is a decent piece of Hardware with a few nice games.

Wheter I a would buy a Nintendo Console year one again. I think I would, depends on the Hardware and the games.

it depends on what games they have

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

Since the N64 I've bought every Nintendo console/handheld day one and I'll probably continue to do so as long as there is at least one great launch game.

I do wish I had waited on the 3DS though; at least WiiU (despite its post-launch drought) had NSMBU day one.

Nintendo Never Disappoints. Needless to wait more than a year.

No

Click HERE and be happy 

I will almost definitely buy the next Nintendo console day-1. Multiple reasons: one, I have more money now so I should be able to afford it by then. Two, I think they'll do a better job with their launch line-ups after seeing the importance of software with the 3DS and Wii U doing poorly without games. Three, someone has to support Nintendo and I tend to pick up for companies I feel are the underdogs are in the grand scheme of things; not that I don't support Sony or Microsoft, I've bought quite a lot of PSP and PS3 and PS2 games and even a few Vita games and 360 games, but Nintendo feels like it's a much easier company to hate on and quite honestly I don't feel it's as big as Sony or Microsoft; in terms of what they do, they're a focused gaming company and their hardware reflects that to an extent as they don't have as many "general TV entertainment" features as the other "gaming" consoles on the market.

I also support smaller developers/publishing companies assuming their products are good, even if I'm not a fan of paying premium for items. Sometimes it's important to shell out the cash if you want to show support and continue to get good things. If I'm always buying used or waiting on price drops I can't really complain when games don't get sequels or sales are poor or whatever, haha. Or I can, but I'd look like a bit of a jerk for it, XD.

No, I buy all Nintendo consoles day one. Flop or not. Actually, I buy pretty much all consoles day one. But if I had to choose between getting one first, it's always Nintendo for me.