By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Wii U be the last Nintendo console you buy year one?

Wii U is one of the few consoles I've bought year one. Never owned an NES (before my time) or SNES (was a Genesis kid), but I got N64 year one, Gamecube I think year 2, Wii year 3. But I'm happy with my Wii U experience - sure it took a while for the games to start rolling in, and there's some third-party stuff I wish it had, but honestly I always had stuff to play on my Wii U - I'm a busy guy, so it often takes me longer to finish games because I generally don't have hours at a time to devote to playing them. As for the third-party stuff, it still strikes me that we're getting more big third-party titles than we used to, even if there's some we're missing.

I'm happy with the Wii U. At the moment, I don't see why I wouldn't go for a new Nintendo console right away.

Around the Network

The Wii was great but the Wii U is a vast improvement, no complaints here.

I also think the Gamecube is the worst Nintendo console ever but it didn't stop me from getting a Wii.

Wii U Nintendo Network ID, Borode

XBOX Live ID, Borode

I always buy Nintendo at launch, and it will never change

I've never bought a nintendo console year 1 (better wait until it's cheaper XD)

I will always buy Nintendo home consoles day one. I love all their launch games! Nintendo Land was brilliant!

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
I have no problem buying a Nintendo console year one. There are a few reasons why I haven't bought the Wii U yet, but none of them are really Nintendo's fault. I got married, bought a house, and am in the process of furnishing the house. On top of that, I still need to catch up on the Wii games I already own.

I have never personally had a gaming drought. I am not one of those people that needs something new to play every single month.

I think people gathered this already when you said "I got married"

Cobretti2 said:
theRepublic said:
I have no problem buying a Nintendo console year one. There are a few reasons why I haven't bought the Wii U yet, but none of them are really Nintendo's fault. I got married, bought a house, and am in the process of furnishing the house. On top of that, I still need to catch up on the Wii games I already own.

I have never personally had a gaming drought. I am not one of those people that needs something new to play every single month.

I think people gathered this already when you said "I got married"

Lol.

I have never really been that way though.  I tend to take my time and explore games as best I can.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

ASStronaut said:
The Wii was great but the Wii U is a vast improvement, no complaints here.

I also think the Gamecube is the worst Nintendo console ever but it didn't stop me from getting a Wii.

No, Virtual Boy owns that distinction. GC wasn't a bad console at all. My only real problem with it, is that they "experimented" with certain franchises in ways that I just wasn't a huge fan of, such as Sunshine, Double Dash, Wind Waker, etc. But on the other hand, I really loved Metroid Prime, and SB Melee, and Pikmin, and Eternal Darkness, and Chibi Robo, and especially Twilight Princess. Wasn't my fav. Nintendo console (that'll always be NES), but it was fine for what it was.

A purchase of a Nintendo console is linked to a new Zelda Game for me since the Gamecube.
The day a REAL new Zelda gets released(not some HD Port,Musou stuff) i will buy a new Nintendo Console.
Otherwise i don't care - The Wii had nothing for me besides Zelda SS and Xenoblade(did rent The Last Story) and those came so late you could get the console for far under 100€.
Same will happen with the WiiU for me - Though this time i have Zelda,Bayonetta 2 and X.I don't care for Mario and his freetime activities anymore.
Otherwise i can't afford the upcoming big PS4 and PC Library that has to grow

Nintendo hasn't been the day one "it" console in the core gaming community since when twenty years ago?