By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dark Souls Producer says Wii U audience doesn't care about Dark Souls.

Asked whether From Software and Namco ever considered a Wii U port, Miyazoe bluntly replies: “No.” When asked why, he explodes with laughter. “Wii U never came up, and we never doubted that (decision) either,” he says. “It was more of a company decision, so I wasn’t the one that decided this, but I think the audience for the Wii U is a lot different from the audience for Dark Souls.”

http://www.edge-online.com/features/dark-souls-producer-says-pc-version-was-rushed-problems-were-expected/

I don't get the mentalitly. I get why developers are hesitant to jump on the Wii U but even if the Wii U was a success it wouldn't have changed their minds. Wii didn't dark souls despite being an ugly game. Of course there is no audience for Dark souls when there is no Dark Souls.

I am exploding with laughter.

It's not like Dark Souls has SO MANY FANS on the HD consoles. It sold 2 millions combined on both, PS3 and X360.

160 million install base and it only managed to shift 2 million copies despite being a critical hit. Why was there no Wii version? The game is ugly and it fits the Wii controls. I would've tested the waters with a Wii version at least.

Around the Network

What a douche

lose lose for them even if they release a wii U version or they dont.

What's wrong with that?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Your title twists his quotes. It is not exactly what he said.

Enough said.

Around the Network

And he would be right about that.

Does he have something to back that up? Of course not. Like all the ignorant third party developers.

Drakrami said:
Your title twists his quotes. It is not exactly what he said.

Enough said.

"I think the audience for the Wii U is a lot different from the audience for Dark Souls.”

This means what?

As far as that sort of thing goes, the Nintendo audience usually responds well to ARPGs of that sort.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

That's not what he said.