By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dark Souls Producer says Wii U audience doesn't care about Dark Souls.

It's a stupid point of view. If you make the games, and they are good, and you promote them, people will buy them on any system.

Around the Network

Zelda is a bit similar I guess, but he's kind of right there aren't that many games similar to DS on Nintendo. Which probably means there's no audience for DS on the Wii U.

The question is more why would you only own a Wii U if you like games like Dark Souls?

It's not like Dark Souls has SO MANY FANS on the HD consoles. It sold 2 millions combined on both, PS3 and X360.

160 million install base and it only managed to shift 2 million copies despite being a critical hit. Why was there no Wii version? The game is ugly and it fits the Wii controls. I would've tested the waters with a Wii version at least.

Boutros said:
That's not what he said.

"I think the audience for the Wii U is a lot different from the audience for Dark Souls.”

This means what?

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:
It's not like Dark Souls has SO MANY FANS on the HD consoles. It sold 2 millions combined on both, PS3 and X360.

160 million install base and it only managed 2 millions despite being a critical hit. Why was there no Wii version? The game is ugly and it fits the Wii controls. I would've tested the waters with a Wii version at least.

Is this really a question?

LurkerJ said:
Boutros said:
That's not what he said.

"I think the audience for the Wii U is a lot different from the audience for Dark Souls.”

This means what?

It means exactly what he said?

No need to twist what he's saying to make it more poignant.

He's completely right in what he said.

Wii can't even handle Dark Soul's start screen.

They may not make DS for the Wii U, but I wonder if they´re planning on a 'next gen' (now, current gen) port of Dark Souls 2 for the PS4/X1.

LurkerJ said:

160 million install base and it only managed to shift 2 million copies despite being a critical hit.

And how many additional copies would they sell by releasing a Wii U version, when its current install base is 4 million? It's not worth their time.